One Sided Demo - Billy?

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sounded more like Mitch Ryder than Billy Butler or Major Lance to be honest.

Agree with this guy, does sound like Mitch Ryder, evn the backing sounds very familiar to his band The Detroit Wheels.

while on the subject of mr.Ryder, I also have a re-issued 60's boogaloo/soul type record which is big on the Funk scene called 'Hey Sister!' by some guy called 'Mongo Bongo'... can't find it listed anywhere and i'm pretty sure it's Mitch Ryder too!

Social source share

Agree with this guy, does sound like Mitch Ryder, evn the backing sounds very familiar to his band The Detroit Wheels.

while on the subject of mr.Ryder, I also have a re-issued 60's boogaloo/soul type record which is big on the Funk scene called 'Hey Sister!' by some guy called 'Mongo Bongo'... can't find it listed anywhere and i'm pretty sure it's Mitch Ryder too!

Complete balls up, sorry...should have been the flip

Mr. Dynamite - 'Sh'Mon' ...came out on Sue in UK and goes for loads, last one I saw went for £300!!!

I'm pretty sure Mr. Dynamite is Mitch Ryder.

Social source share

=============================================================================

If its the one I'm thinking of - Its Monguito Santa Maria - Hey Sister ( Fania - I think) Big on the mod scene back in ooh mid / late 80s ?

Lost out on a french copy last year - does go for a bit of brass - dont see it too often.

atb

Rich

Social source share

=============================================================================

If its the one I'm thinking of - Its Monguito Santa Maria - Hey Sister ( Fania - I think) Big on the mod scene back in ooh mid / late 80s ?

Lost out on a french copy last year - does go for a bit of brass - dont see it too often.

atb

Rich

Yeah, that sounds about right. Mines just a boot on Hipsville! with the Mr. Dynamite & The Quick (Bert's Apple Crumble) on the flip. As I said earlier it's titled as 'Mongo Bongo' (daft I know!) but you're probably spot on with Monguito Santa Maria, probs came out in the USA then, latin soul no doubt?

Social source share

Yeah, that sounds about right. Mines just a boot on Hipsville! with the Mr. Dynamite & The Quick (Bert's Apple Crumble) on the flip. As I said earlier it's titled as 'Mongo Bongo' (daft I know!) but you're probably spot on with Monguito Santa Maria, probs came out in the USA then, latin soul no doubt?

I know the disc - seen them fetch about 15 / 20 on ebay - Obviously $$$ for the originals .

Theres some re-issue LP's of their stuff knocking around - try tunes.co.uk or soul brother.

ATB

Rich

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!