Value: Charles Brimmer On Brimco

Hi all

Charles Brimmer - I'm gonna forget about you b/w Don't look back on Brimco

Has anyone got a value for this please? Don't laugh if it's a fiver or somat... cause I have no idea! Picked up a copy locally last week but I am sure the shopkeeper looked a little dismayed when he saw the £5 price sticker on it!!! Probably wrong, usually am!

Thanks, Miles

Edited by Miles
Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks Sean,

You also answered that question in my head about where I'd heard the song before. I agree it's a great version. Just wasn't sure of the value as a couple of his other 45s (admittedly on different labels) are quite hard.

Anyway I don't think I'll be selling it or anything as I have become too fond of it!

Ta, Miles

Social source share

Hi Miles - think I paid £50 (possibly?) off Paul Mc back end of the 90s. So a fiver is a damn fine result. You should give the £45 you saved to charity hehehe. Didnt realise "Gonna forget" was a Womack song and to be honest I've no idea what it sounds like (shame). Actually bought the record for the flip "Don't look back" which is a Temptations song I believe.

Homework for the weekend - play both sides of this 45.

derek

Don't think I've ever heard anybody talk about this 45 before. And I figured out - all on my own - that because of the label name, it was either his own label or part owned.

Social source share

Eh up Derek

Hows tricks?

'Gonna forget about you' was (I think) one of Womack's early Chess recordings (sure I have it on an old Chess compilation). I have heard the other side and agree its great. Yeah it's his label which he co-owned with his manager.

Can't believe I actually got a bargain for once!

Miles

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!