Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest uroffal

Any know the current values on the following

A J Brown making love together- Maestro

Can Cameron-They say-Capri

Reggie Soul-My world of ecstasy-Capri

Cam Cameron is about £75 - £100 (cream label design is a little rarer)

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Thanks Chris any idea on the others is the AJ Brown supposed to be a boot or second issue?

The AJ Brown was not booted - the 'second issue' was pressed from the original stampers by AJ himself.

The original 45 (which I have, bought it from Dub Vendor c. 1981-2 as a new release!) was on a white label with blue printing, the second issue, er, wasn't! Don't know what either are worth these days, though - sorry!

TONE ranting_1.gif

Social source share

The AJ Brown was not booted - the 'second issue' was pressed from the original stampers by AJ himself.

The original 45 (which I have, bought it from Dub Vendor c. 1981-2 as a new release!) was on a white label with blue printing, the second issue, er, wasn't! Don't know what either are worth these days, though - sorry!

TONE ranting_1.gif

hi Tone and chance of a label scan and info on the runout grooves

best ted

Social source share

Any know the current values on the following

A J Brown making love together- Maestro

Can Cameron-They say-Capri

Reggie Soul-My world of ecstasy-Capri

Hi Ted,

I'll have your Reggie Soul if you're putting it up for sale! ranting_1.gif

Thanks

Kx

Social source share

Thanks Girf

Just been told £75 would that be for the Original

2nd issues have sold for more than that on Ebay. I would say less for the 2nd issue and def more for an orig, which is very scarce. I would say £200+ for the blue copy.

Girf

Edited by Girthdevon
Social source share

• 5 years later...

TONE ranting_1.gif

As this has question has popped up again recently, I thought i'd throw my hat into the ring as well:

AJ Brown had nothing to do with the 2nd pressing and he wasn't aware of it. He seemed to think the boots came about when he'd left the masters in one of the studios a while back. He has the masters back in his posession now.

Ths came directly from him when I met him in JA.

Social source share

theres three different labels designs...the one that girth states as original.theres more of them on popsike than anything else and cheap too...also the re issue on plummy`s site with all rights reserved on one line with larger logo......but.where does this copy in the you tube clip stem from

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ivor Jones

As this has question has popped up again recently, I thought i'd throw my hat into the ring as well:

AJ Brown had nothing to do with the 2nd pressing and he wasn't aware of it. He seemed to think the boots came about when he'd left the masters in one of the studios a while back. He has the masters back in his posession now.

Hello Neil,

hope all is well for you.......I believe this to be true. The second press/bootleg[depending on who you talk to],the one with the lilac colour writing, originally showed up in the late 80s and im nearly certain was pressed up by Bill Shannon.From memory, he told me that it was licensed directly from AJ Brown. They werent as good quality pressings as the original ones though. He certainly was the main distributor of these and was heavily involved in the Modern Soul and Two-Step scenes of the time. Bootlegging was rife in London at the time,particularly on the two step scene it has to be said. A J Brown had been a major spin in the London area for the likes of Chris Brown, Bob Jones,Simon Dunmore and anyone else who had a copy......and by that time it was tough to find. People like Tony Rounce and Gary Thomas all picked these up as new releases...... By the way, the earlier post regarding a picture sleeve for AJ Brown...it definately exits,ive got one[its got the lyrics on the reverse] but unfortunately its rather battered. I`ll post it up when i can work out how......So, just to clarify, the original is as Girths picture shows...anything else is the later pressings.........

Best, Ivor

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

theres three different labels designs...the one that girth states as original.theres more of them on popsike than anything else and cheap too...also the re issue on plummy`s site with all rights reserved on one line with larger logo......but.where does this copy in the you tube clip stem from

dave

That copy on the youtube clip is the reissue/bootleg from the late 80s with the lilac colour text. The text looks nothing like the proper thing,not even close. At least the recent ones do look similar in colour and text. Hope this helps you Dave..........

Best, Ivor

Hello Neil,

hope all is well for you.......I believe this to be true. The second press/bootleg[depending on who you talk to],the one with the lilac colour writing, originally showed up in the late 80s and im nearly certain was pressed up by Bill Shannon.From memory, he told me that it was licensed directly from AJ Brown. They werent as good quality pressings as the original ones though. He certainly was the main distributor of these and was heavily involved in the Modern Soul and Two-Step scenes of the time. Bootlegging was rife in London at the time,particularly on the two step scene it has to be said. A J Brown had been a major spin in the London area for the likes of Chris Brown, Bob Jones,Simon Dunmore and anyone else who had a copy......and by that time it was tough to find. People like Tony Rounce and Gary Thomas all picked these up as new releases...... By the way, the earlier post regarding a picture sleeve for AJ Brown...it definately exits,ive got one[its got the lyrics on the reverse] but unfortunately its rather battered. I`ll post it up when i can work out how......So, just to clarify, the original is as Girths picture shows...anything else is the later pressings.........

Best, Ivor

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!