• Replies 54
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Dear all,

I really like Jimmy Frazier "Of Hopes and Dream and Tombstones". Unfortunately the opening is not too long. But for a few seconds one might think, that he is not at an Allnighter but rather in a Sergio Leone Italo Western!

And btw: if someone is selling a copy: please drop a PM

Take care

YouYou

https://www.soulclub.org/stream/Jimmy_Frazi..._Tombstones.ram

Social source share

Came acroos the Ballads - I can't see your love today.Hadn't heard it for years. Immediately struck once again by how catchy the opening is. What songs get you right from the start?

Better Use Your Head - any version.

Our Love Will Grow - Showmen

On Broadway - George Benson

Wear It On Our Face - The Dells

All well known I know, but all get you into it right from the start.

John.

:wave:

Social source share

On Broadway - George Benson

All well known I know, but all get you into it right from the start.

John.

:wave:

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but just had a listin to the "George Benson Collection". Brings back goold old and sweeeeet memories, when I started going to parties around 87!

Gee, am I already that old :wave:

Take care

YouYou

Social source share

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but just had a listin to the "George Benson Collection". Brings back goold old and sweeeeet memories, when I started going to parties around 87!

Gee, am I already that old :lol:

Take care

YouYou

:wave::wave::lol:

I never look at dates on records anymore............

J

Edited by John Alden
Social source share

Came acroos the Ballads - I can't see your love today.Hadn't heard it for years. Immediately struck once again by how catchy the opening is. What songs get you right from the start?

For me the start to the 4 Perfections " I`m not strong enough " is an instant hit!!!!

Social source share

As soon as I hear the crashing intro to this it just grabs me and makes me want to get up and dance and I'm tempted to do a few acrobatics which I'm way past now :wave:

tg.mp3

Indeed, very nice, just tried to do some spins in front of my computer. It's much easier than in a club as I am wearing only socks :wave:

But what is it? (Hope it's not one of these superknown gems, that just I have managed to not know :lol: )

Take care

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Pat and the Blenders - Just Because.....superb intro :wave: and has me running onto the dancefloor knocking punters and pints over, willy nilly :wave: And ofcourse, The Sapphires and 'Gotta Have Your Love'.....and Darrell Banks....'Open the door to your heart'..........good thread, Billy :lol: Jo

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Pat and the Blenders - Just Because.....superb intro :wave: and has me running onto the dancefloor knocking punters and pints over, willy nilly :wave: And ofcourse, The Sapphires and 'Gotta Have Your Love'.....and Darrell Banks....'Open the door to your heart'..........good thread, Billy :lol: Jo

Johnny Sayles "I Can't Get Enough", Patrice Holloway "Love And Desire", the Valentinos' "Sweeter Than the Day Before" Gladys Knight and the Pips "Everybody Needs Love" will do for today!

TONE :lol:

Social source share

Would I be spoiling the whole of this good thread if I admit that I always liked the intro to "Black Power"??

:lol::wave::wave:

Social source share

Indeed, very nice, just tried to do some spins in front of my computer. It's much easier than in a club as I am wearing only socks :wave:

But what is it? (Hope it's not one of these superknown gems, that just I have managed to not know :wave: )

Take care

Its I'm a bashful guy by The Groovers on Minit 32010.

Social source share

Johnny Sayles "I Can't Get Enough", Patrice Holloway "Love And Desire", the Valentinos' "Sweeter Than the Day Before" Gladys Knight and the Pips "Everybody Needs Love" will do for today!

TONE :wave:

Its hard think of a northern track that does'nt have an uplifting intro !!, they all have, have'nt they ?.

SHEEP

Social source share

One of my favourites too BOTH SIDES

I can still remember hearing the B side for the first time, thinking that it was just the instrumental to the A Side,

then the Magic moment when the Vocal comes in again .... WOW

One of the classic openings for me, and one of the longest ................................. HEATWAVE

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Magnificent Men, Keep On Climbing has a great intro... as does vibrations, Cause You're Mine... blinding opening that one! Makes my tummy turn over with excitement! karen_bridges_anime04.gif

Social source share

Guest MOLLY

Carstairs- "It really hurts me girl"

Frank Beverly & Butlers- "If thats what you wanted"

Christine Cooper- "Heartaches away my boy"

The kinda stuff that has you running for the dancefloor.... :lol:

Social source share

Magnificent Men, Keep On Climbing has a great intro... as does vibrations, Cause You're Mine... blinding opening that one! Makes my tummy turn over with excitement! karen_bridges_anime04.gif

Off Topic,Talking of vibrations Scoobies Starting eh! Karen

Cause your mine, all mine , mine,mine,mine

The Artistics-Hope We Have

Larry Laster-Go For Yourself

Rock Candy-Alone With No Love

The Four Sonics Plus One-Tell Me Your Mine

:lol:

Social source share

:)

intros

Sweet Soul Music

Soul Finger

Cant turn you loose

Midnight Hour

Soul man

Billys Bag

Girl dont make me wait

Uptight

Reach out Ille be There

You Keep me hangin on(Funk Brothers version)

Sitting in my Class

A Few to add to the endlessly on going list

select and add as we go to see what intros can be enjoyed

and totally agree on the precisions awesome start

:lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

right now, im quite liking the intro to The Vanguards - "The Thought of Losing Your Love." subtle little guitar thingy into that massive drum lead in. brilliant. Also love the above mentioned Ballads track.

Social source share

I love tracks with really effective and convincing introductions - those which set a mood, build tension or make you feel as if you're about to set off an an amazing journey...

Johnny Sayles - I Can't Get Enough (feels like an engine revving up before thrusting into motion)

Eddie Parker - Love You Baby (...just shut up, woman, and LISTEN to me!)

Bob Relf - Blowing My Mind To Pieces (swirling and rising up to new heights of ecstacy)

Four Tops - Reach Out, I'll Be There (a racing heart, beating fast and absolutely determined)

The O'Jays - Looky Looky (dramatic and insistant, demanding attention)

Dean Parrish - I'm On My Way (a journey uptown as in "heading for the life of the city...")

Jackie Lee - Do The Temptation Walk (...hold on tight, 'cause we're going UP!)

William Bell - Happy (a joyful and uplifting intro, you just know the guy is on top of the world)

Frankie & The Clasicals - What Shall I Do (setting a perfect mood of frustration)

Edward Hamilton - Baby Don't You Weep (high drama, "I'm on my way...I'm coming home")

Timmy Willis - Such Misery (dark and haunting, I'm feeling suicidal...)

Eloise Laws - Love Factory (moody and intense, almost angry, definately a HURT woman)

The Intrigues - In A Moment (a dramatic and stirring suspense; something's gonna happen...)

The Fi-Dels - Try A Little Harder (very uplifting but also dark and moody)

Tami Lynn - I'm Gonna Run Away From You (...get out of my way, boy - I've had enough!)

Bernard Williams - Focused On You (a throbbing intro for confidence and determination)

San Remo Strings - Festival Time (wake up, something really GOOD is about to happen)

Edwin Starr - I Have Faith In You (more throbbing determination)

The Ambers - Potion Of Love (a bubbling, magical feeling)

Sidney Joe Qualls - Run To Me (more moody determination)

Southside Movement - Do It To Me (get dressed, we're going OUT...)

Loleatta Holloway - Mother Of Shame (she's definately on a mission)

I think that's enough intros for now.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

DONI BURDICK-BARI TRACK.- SIR...Awesome...You know why..Enough said?

SUPERBS-I WANNA DO IT WITH YOU BABY-DORE Little tongue- in- cheek affair on the piano before the real stuff starts..

Also..a few short audio files.. I`ll post them when I stop getting this warning:

"The requested file upload failed because suitable permissions have not been enabled on the 'uploads' directory. Please contact the board administrator and inform them of this error."

Thank you..

Edited by The Soul Intention
Social source share

DONI BURDICK-BARI TRACK.- SIR...Awesome...You know why..Enough said?

SUPERBS-I WANNA DO IT WITH YOU BABY-DORE Little tongue- in- cheek affair on the piano before the real stuff starts..

Also..a few short audio files.. I`ll post them when I stop getting this warning:

"The requested file upload failed because suitable permissions have not been enabled on the 'uploads' directory. Please contact the board administrator and inform them of this error."

Thank you..

If you want to add an audio clip at the moment while the site is bieng upgraded the only way to do it is upload the soundfile to somewhere with soundfile storage and then provide a direct link to that soundfile.Hope this helps.

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

I have loads of fav's but one is Jimmy Ruffin - He Who Picks a rose that came on 2 times at the last Northern soul night i went to in Peterborough and got me on the dance floor, another dance floor fav of mine is Sugar Dumpling - Sam Cooke

Social source share

If you want to add an audio clip at the moment while the site is bieng upgraded the only way to do it is upload the soundfile to somewhere with soundfile storage and then provide a direct link to that soundfile.Hope this helps.

just so aware

still currently moving the attachements etc across

once done the uploading will be switched back on

Social source share

ivano alberto fossati (al foster band) night of the wolf: Hooooowl, shuffle, shuffle, stomp stomp guitar, Hooowl again, buzz of what!!!!

Social source share

For me it's

SHEILA FERGUSON...HEARTBROKENMEMORIES

JO ANN GARRET...A WHOLE NEW PLAN

post-4107-1144950788.gif

I'll second those two plus....Chancellors,All the way from Heaven and Rivieras...Counter feit girl,grabs you by the short and curlies and pulls you out onto the polished wooden jobby or marley tiles if your in Manchester!
Social source share

I didn't see this one...but don't you all think that The Tempos - Countdown, here I come - Canterbury has a wonderful intro. It starts at 100 mph.... Just like Johnny Wyatt - This thing called love.

However, best intro of all time has to be Ruby - Deceived/Feminine Ingenuity. Both sides are just unbelievable intros that really set both tunes on the right track.

Social source share

Guest GavKnight

Majestics - I love the opening so much it hurts me!

Professionals - That's why I love you

Cindy Scott - I love you baby

New Yorkers - Don't wanna be your fool

George Lemons - Simple Strings but they hit the right notes with me!

Social source share

Been listening to this today LOU COURTNEY - THE COMMON BROKEN HEART ,got to have one of the best intros of any soul record I have ever heard, a masterpiece.

Social source share

to name but a few........................

King Errison - Zola

Mousie & Traps - How About You

Jimmy Raye - Philly Dog Around The World

COD's - She's Fire - starts off at 100mph and just keeps getting faster - superb stuff!!

Grant

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!