Terry Callier - Don't Want To See Myself

Dave Rimmer

I picked this up many years ago, and have no idea what it's worth.

It's a near mint 12" copy of Terry Callier 'I Don't Want To See Myself' on a white label UK Promo. I would guess from the run out groove markings that it's an Acid Jazz promo release from 1990.

So, Soul Sourcers, what's it worth ?

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

It's a near mint 12" copy of Terry Callier 'I Don't Want To See Myself' on a white label UK Promo. I would guess from the run out groove markings that it's an Acid Jazz promo release from 1990.

I'd have a guess at maybe £10 / £15 Dave - Quite a few Acid Jazz collectors out there .

ATB

Rich

Social source share

:thumbsup: Hi Dave,can you PM me as soon as pos ,ref your 12",its rarer than you think.

Mandy misses her boyfriends (you & Weston) lol

see you Toby. :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest D'Arcy

Not to up to date with todays prices but I would say

Acid Jazz 12" 15 to 20

Erect 12" 30 to 40

You are right with the Acid Jazz value Gav, but the Erect 12 can fetch up to £60 now. Bet Max Rees wishes he still had them :rolleyes:

Social source share

You are right with the Acid Jazz value Gav, but the Erect 12 can fetch up to £60 now. Bet Max Rees wishes he still had them :rolleyes:

I was with Max when he pulled a pile of these in, if my memory serves me correctly, Second Hand Tunes in the Hyde Park area of Chicago.

Happy days

Nick

Social source share

Saw Terry Callier playing live at a Jazz Club in Sydney, Australia a couple of years back, he did a wonderful acoustic rendition of Ordinary Joe , but not Look At Me Now or Dont Wanna See Myself or Just Cant Help Myself.

Can anyone tell me if he has ever performed the latter three toons when playing live in the UK (eg at the Jazz Cafe)?

:D

Social source share

was sold out when he playd aberdeen,my m8 got in tho :D .he sang o/joe & dont want 2 c myself. when martha reeves was here,she sang no one there in her show(she sang it to my m8 in the hallway of theatre aswell,brought a tear to his eye)as far as i know she didnt sing it at any of her other venues.got her to sign my copy of no one there(my m8 got it for 1.99 fae oxfam,he didnt like it,gave it to me for nothing.just before it went big.right time right place) :D

Edited by sepia
Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Saw Terry Callier playing live at a Jazz Club in Sydney, Australia a couple of years back, he did a wonderful acoustic rendition of Ordinary Joe , but not Look At Me Now or Dont Wanna See Myself or Just Cant Help Myself.

Can anyone tell me if he has ever performed the latter three toons when playing live in the UK (eg at the Jazz Cafe)?

:D

Did you know "Look At Me Now" was writen for the Dells. They did not think it was a good song, so would not record it. Thus the TC release.

I can only dream of how great that would have been !!!!!

Social source share

I have a Erect 12".............................of this record wicked.gifbiggrin.gif

Whats this go for now on erect :D

Can you say 12 inch Erect on here? :D Thought I was in a different forum for a minute.

Got one me myself (yes the record!!) which I bought back in '89 from a little Soul Shop in Croydon....used to be pretty good as I remember for modern stuff. Remember buying the modern take of Jackie Ross - Selfish One. and Tip Watkins - People Gonna Talk and a few other things pretty cheap. Still got em somewhere.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

I have a Erect 12".............................of this record wicked.gifbiggrin.gif

Whats this go for now on erect :D

Whats the story with this then, thought I had everything on vinyl by TC but not come across that. Is it the same as the Acid Jazz one (and did EP pay royalties?)? Is it a later version to the Cadet cut?

I've seen Terry live 16 times now, got a bit addicted for a while in the early nineties. Think I missed second half of England v Argentina (/) in some poofball world cup thing to go and watch him in the Jazz Cafe and found out the result from him!

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Whats the story with this then, thought I had everything on vinyl by TC but not come across that. Is it the same as the Acid Jazz one (and did EP pay royalties?)? Is it a later version to the Cadet cut?

I've seen Terry live 16 times now, got a bit addicted for a while in the early nineties. Think I missed second half of England v Argentina (/) in some poofball world cup thing to go and watch him in the Jazz Cafe and found out the result from him!

As far as I am awear Eddie did pay Royalties. Edd just re-released the track in it's original format.

Stuart like you I am a big fan of T.C think you are a little mixed up. We are not talking about "Look At Me Now" as a 12. Or did "Don't Want To See My-Self" come out on Cadet and I don't know about that wicked.gif

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

As far as I am awear Eddie did pay Royalties. Edd just re-released the track in it's original format.

Stuart like you I am a big fan of T.C think you are a little mixed up. We are not talking about "Look At Me Now" as a 12. Or did "Don't Want To See My-Self" come out on Cadet and I don't know about that :thumbsup:

I was confusing it with Just can't Help Myself or something, whatever the other Cadet 45 is (perhaps theres another one too, I forget). Can't remember where I first came across the track, thought it was on an LP somewhere. I thought Tterry was pissed off about royalties but maybe that was with Verve, he wanted to give them to charity.

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

I was confusing it with Just can't Help Myself or something, whatever the other Cadet 45 is (perhaps theres another one too, I forget). Can't remember where I first came across the track, thought it was on an LP somewhere. I thought Tterry was pissed off about royalties but maybe that was with Verve, he wanted to give them to charity.

I think there was a bit of an issue with Verve but I never got the full low down on it !

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Trouble, I'll have that, take it to Manchester with ya

Will do.

If you like that sort of thing I've got the Lemuria and Dyson's Faces (2nd issue I think but still goes for money) albums for sale as well.

I'd let both those go on the cheap if anyone wants to pick them up at Soul Or Nothing on Saturday to save me going to the post office? I think £75 on the Lemuria with some slight damage to the sleeve is cheap? and £20 on the Dyson's Faces still in shrink wrap?

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

it cost about £25 when it came out in 1990, i remember seeing it in basement records in reading

Social source share

• 11 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!