[Rs] soul brothers inc - teardrops - salem

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski
Title: soul brothers inc - teardrops - salem
Artist: soul brothers inc
Track: teardrops
Label: salem

Record information:

note the below dates of post, comments  and stats are carried over from the orig gallery post (eg 2004) poster left as the 2008 one

comments

matt male

03 january 2005 - 08:04 pm | permalink: #1

how much is this these days?

04 january 2005 - 09:11 pm

only a few copies, carl w, mick h. been told couple more with collectors. would assume 4 figures a couple of times plus.

c.b icon

06 january 2005 - 07:45 am | permalink: #3

i've only heard this a few times on a crappy ra, but it really does not sound that good! imo that is. sounds like white garage-band or something. might sound good "out on the floor", when your drunk

though
cheers
christian b   

06 january 2005 - 02:43 pm

hi, christian, not just me then cause i don't think much to the record myself either ;-)

chalky 

06 january 2005 - 05:03 pm | permalink: #5

passable...hmmmmmmm ;-)

do you seriously think that if this record was £30 and readily available it would ever make a dj's playlist??
i don't, the only reason it's entertained imo is cause of it's rarity ;-)

johnny one trout icon

07 january 2005 - 03:30 pm | permalink: #6

i agree with mike even though i think chalky was talking about cecil washington which i also disagree with. admittedly i didn't rate it that much when i first heard it (my proposal), in fact wondered what all the fuss was about, since then it has gotten under my skin and i really rate it rare or not. i just love quirky records and this one most certainly is that.

john

chalky

07 january 2005 - 04:40 pm

hi john. never mentioned soul inc (cecil washington), was talking about sbi. although now you come to mention it, would sbi be played if it was a common as muck and selling for a tenner, i think not ;-)

johnny one trout icon

07 january 2005 - 04:49 pm | permalink: #8

could say the same about the mello souls though eh

chalky icon

07 january 2005 - 05:05 pm | permalink: #9

mello souls out and out northern (in the traditional sense) tho' unlike neither the two mentioned.

keithw icon

19 april 2005 - 10:12 am | permalink: #10

fantastic record---------sbi

in same mold as

soulsearcher

my proposal

sonny parker--------set to spin this again at next big lock

first heard it played by chris churm

when i was djing at hyde town hall nighters,run by mr bicknell

would be a great venue for a manchester nighter to locate too (chris w)

think he may of sold his to carl but not sure

comments

grant

21 april 2005 - 08:31 pm

terrible record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sorry!

markwhiteley 

22 april 2005 - 12:09 am

terrible taste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sorry!

tehehe ;o))

i loves it!

billy

grant icon

22 april 2005 - 06:21 pm

each to their own billyboy!!!!!!!!!!!!

makemvinyl icon

23 april 2005 - 07:21 am

as slow shufflers go this is vocally acceptable as far as dancers go

not the best toon to let fly the dancers wild ways

as a record in itself no doubt somebody will do a "pyramid" and boot it then we will find out what it does,in other places except the top northern dancers

as for soul with a capital s its c r a p

doug hall

ktf

keep it soulful

05 november 2005 - 02:16 am

this is a white group. if any of you have seen the label you'll understand why i said that. i too remember a d.j. playing it covered up at the much missed hyde nighters, where i kindly informed some well known d.j.'s what it was. think i was one of probably 5 people on the dancer floor to it back then.i first heard it some years prior to hyde when simon hunt was playing in leicestershire. it's because of him i was able to get a copy, though i could never fit it in with what i was playing when i've d.j.'d. i'll have to fit it in on my radio show instead

mark h

Social source share

• 13 years later...
  • Replies 3
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This is NOT a white group.  They were an African American band.  I should know.....my 2 brothers were in it.  One on drums and the other on sax.  My brother that played the sax just passed away 3 days ago (04-19-2018).  Soul Brothers Inc hailed from Christiansburg, Virginia (USA).  All hometown friends that grew-up together.  The singer's were brothers, also.  Please get your facts straight before assuming the race of anyone.  They were a young band In the 60's, just playing locally and trying to make a name for themselves.  They even opened once for Kool and the Gang.

Social source share

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Source Advert