Dj Or Collector

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Are you all just DJ's or collectors here, just wondered. I collect with dad but we do mobile disco's and at times would enjoy DJing at the soul nights

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Are you all just DJ's or collectors here, just wondered. I collect with dad but we do mobile disco's and at times would enjoy DJing at the soul nights

Collectors wish they were DJ's and DJ's wish they had a better collection.

SHEEP

Social source share

Collectors wish they were DJ's and DJ's wish they had a better collection.

SHEEP

Bang on I'd say with that quote, there are a lot of collectors out there with collections second to none, however they're not to bothered about D.j'ing, I know some guy's around Derby with fantastic collections but not interseted in D.J'ing. Thing is with being a D.J, you only play 24/25 records in an hour, so why have a huge collection, better to have 100 to 200 quality dancefloor records, than boxes full of stuff that you'll never play.......Think there is a suttle difference in mentality between a D.J and a collector.

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Collectors! :D

Uber-Nerds pushing up the price of records, hoarding away rare treasures like demented old misers.

Not all of them mind you, obviously.Just the complete and utter bloody imbeciles who do things like buy a record and then never play it because it wouldn't be mint anymore. Why don't you try Pokemon cards instead you sad divs! They're for listening to not looking at...

Arrghhh, I do hope I'm not alone in having this not-so-minor irritation.

Come the revolution they'll be sharing a wall with Thatcher, Bush and the Koppites.

Social source share

Both :D

Can you be one without the other?

there are DJ's who buy just for the purpose of DJing. Sell one on to buy another.

Think most are basically collectors first and the djing came later, often reluctantly, finally persuaded to share a great collection.

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

Collectors! :D

Uber-Nerds pushing up the price of records, hoarding away rare treasures like demented old misers.

Not all of them mind you, obviously.Just the complete and utter bloody imbeciles who do things like buy a record and then never play it because it wouldn't be mint anymore. Why don't you try Pokemon cards instead you sad divs! They're for listening to not looking at...

Arrghhh, I do hope I'm not alone in having this not-so-minor irritation.

Come the revolution they'll be sharing a wall with Thatcher, Bush and the Koppites.

youre not alone.

Social source share

I would think most soul collectors nowadays are mix of dj/collector/dealer. I prefer being mediocre at all things, instead of good at just one! Jack of all trades master of none... :D

-Mike

Social source share

Why do I get the feeling that WPaulVanDyk, is another member on a mission to take the piss out of us all? :D I mean take a good read of some of his posts and why no contact details? :D

Social source share

Why do I get the feeling that WPaulVanDyk, is another member on a mission to take the piss out of us all? :D I mean take a good read of some of his posts and why no contact details? :D

I hope not 'cause that's so :D It was fun a few years ago but the whole double username idea has been done to death.

Social source share

Guest StoneSoul45

I would think most soul collectors nowadays are mix of dj/collector/dealer. I prefer being mediocre at all things, instead of good at just one! Jack of all trades master of none... :D

-Mike

HERE HERE! now everybody go and bid on my ebays!!!!

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Well I'm not a DJ, and at the moment am more of a seller than a collector.

Can I have a pidgeon hole please? Anyone else have to join me? I say HAVE as none of us WANT to sell, do we? whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

who thinks i would want to take the piss out of you lot, i love Northern soul and that's why i come on here cause i love it and hopefully share it with you. You all more likely know more then me, but me and dad do collect, but would love to do DJing at Northern soul nights

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!