Edward Hamilton- Call Me

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

"Call Me" is due out later this month on Lou Beatty's DETROIT SOUL (Grapevine GVCD 3029) which features thirty tracks from the La Beat archives - including five previously unreleased masters.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Guest Tommy

anyone got any info on this gem? i.e label etc etc please

Orange labeled Carrie is its very first release. Followed by "I'm gonna love you" released without "Call me" on the b-side; Mary Jane label. Later came the re-release of "Call me & I'm gonna love you" on the Jamico label. Then in the mid 70's Carrie re-released both sides on a green label Carrie (legitimate second issue, as with Clifford Binns on green Carrie).

Orange Carrie is 200 quid plus. Green Carrie you'll get for around 15 quid. Jamico issue (yellow)& demo (white) are around 40/ 50 quid.

Tommy.

Edited by Tommy
Social source share

Orange labeled Carrie is its very first release. Followed by "I'm gonna love you" released without "Call me" on the b-side; Mary Jane label. Later came the re-release of "Call me & I'm gonna love you" on the Jamico label. Then in the mid 70's Carrie re-released both sides on a green label Carrie (legitimate second issue, as with Clifford Binns on green Carrie).

Orange Carrie is 200 quid plus. Green Carrie you'll get for around 15 quid. Jamico issue (yellow)& demo (white) are around 40/ 50 quid.

Tommy.

Thanks everyone. x

Social source share

Tommy.

The Jameco verssion was the NY release as I recall. Got it somewhere - nice 45 :D

Social source share

If memory serves me right the Carrie and Mary Jane versions are slightly different takes

Hello Soulsourcers,new member today, new to posting, it can only get easier!

I Love the longer fade on the carrie I G L Y, Edward delivers some great lines you miss on the mary jane issue, and on that bombshell.....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!