100 Club Tomorrow

Guest Kolla

The SSCDT reach another milestone this forthcoming weekend...

First appearance behind the decks at 6Ts. :thumbup: ... Monsieur Dave Abbott will be joining Steve Csordas, Roger Banks, Marco Santucci and the usual suspects this Saturday for another quality all-nighter in the schmoke.

Oh, and Valatone is on beforehand (guest DJs include Andy BB & Mark Raison) for those who have far more stamina than me :rolleyes:

So hands up - who'll be there Saturday ?????

• Replies 91
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'll be there...........aw shucks, forgot...Stoke's on!

Before you reply...............

Have a great night at the long running and popular venue that is the 100 club. xxxx

I'll be there...........aw shucks, forgot...Stoke's on!

Before you reply...............

Have a great night at the long running and popular venue that is the 100 club. xxxx

link

Kev

You could always get a multi CD player and set it running at Stoke, (nobody would notice) then you could come to the 100 Club. :rolleyes:

Guest ShaneH

The SSCDT reach another milestone this forthcoming weekend...

First appearance behind the decks at 6Ts.  :thumbup: ... Monsieur Dave Abbott will be joining Steve Csordas, Marco Santucci and the usual suspects this Saturday for another quality all-nighter in the schmoke.

Oh, and Valatone is on beforehand (guest DJs include Andy BB & Mark Raison) for those who have far more stamina than me  :rolleyes:

So hands up - who'll be there Saturday ?????

link

I will be!!

Shane

Dave,

You could be right, I'll tell that to my latest recruit Butch when he appears next!

link

Surely the can't mean that Kev, I mean that would be headline news wouldn't it. Butch having to use CDs because he's DJing for you at Togetherness.

Now, how many other forums and news groups am I a member of ?

Dave,

Enough already. There will be no cd's playing and between us we have enough experience to once again pack the place.

STOKE IS THE BEST ATTENDED ALL NIGHTER IN THE COUNTRY. There's simply no no argument to that.

The 100 Club has a neat following, musically very up front and trendy -to around 300.

Sadly, I can't deal with figures like that. I would have to get a real job like selling programmes outside bleedin' Hillsborough.

Hey, at least you kept the 100 club thread going!!

Kev x

Dave,

Enough already. There will be no cd's playing and between us we have enough experience to once again pack the place.

STOKE IS THE BEST ATTENDED ALL NIGHTER IN THE COUNTRY. There's simply no no argument to that.

The 100 Club has a neat following, musically very up front and trendy -to around 300.

Sadly, I can't deal with figures like that. I would have to get a real job like selling programmes outside bleedin' Hillsborough.

Hey, at least you kept the 100 club thread going!!

Kev x

link

Kev,

I'm not criticising what you do, or how you do it. Your promotions are always well run, and well attended. Stoke is the best attended allnighter in the country, but hey, STD Clinics are amongst the best attended clinics at hospitals these days, so biggest doesn't always mean best.

It's all relevant to the audience.

You already have a very well viewed thread about Stoke running on this forum, so why didn't you stay out of the 100 Club one. There is no need for you to advertise your events in EVERY thread.

Some of the people who use this forum regularly will be at Stoke, and they have supported you when you were challenged on the Stoke thread. By the same token, don't expect 100 Club regulars not to challenge you when you come onto this thread.

If you feel you must advertise on every thread why not ask Mike for your own section of the forum, then people can read your adverts if they want to, rather than be subjected to them rather like annoying pop-ups.

You already know I have respect for the way you organise events, and I defended you in the past when you offered me the booking at Cala Gran. I had to turn you down because the caveat was that I couldn't DJ anywhere else a fortnight either side. I said at the time, it was up to you what conditions you put into a contract. It was my decision to turn down the booking not yours to refuse to book me.

I'm sure that a lot more people would respect you, and your adverts for KRL promotions if you kept them in one place though. This thread was asking who was going to the 100 Club, not another place for a Stoke advert.

I'll leave the subject alone now, especuially as you seem to have conceded the point regarding Butch not playing CDs :rolleyes:

Guest SteveC

Do you think it will be possible for the small time DJ's to have their 5 minutes of fame unspoilt by the mention of Stoke or for that matter any other venue on a thread that was started for The 100 club.

Bloody Hell, my ultimate ambition and I still can't get away from the little gripes.

Roll on Sat - In smoke!!!

Here Here Steve!

mwave.gif

Looking forward to Saturday.

link

Kolla,

A great photo oppurtunity for 6'TS site, Gavn Stearn double decking with Ady at the 100 club.

If it happens, please send the piccy to Ali for the NSOUL mag.

Kev x

Do you think it will be possible for the small time DJ's to have their 5 minutes of fame unspoilt by the mention of Stoke or for that matter any other venue on a thread that was started for The 100 club.

Bloody Hell, my ultimate ambition and I still can't get away from the little gripes.

link

:rolleyes: Steve sure it will go well.

Question is how much will your hand be shaking when you que that first record :thumbup:

Guest ShaneH

link

Hi Steve

Was it your good self that played 'the star-treks' - 'gonna need magic (veep-i think?) at the NCSoul event the other month???

If so can we have it again on Saturday?

Shane

Dave,

Of course the 100 club will be full--IT HOLDS 300! And where's the childish comments? I totally respect anyone who uses their own money to try and satisfy NORTHERN SOULSTERS. That includes you(with the mag) and Ady with his activities.

Surely you are not getting a sore head over the 'double decking' line.

Crikey I have had far worse abuse from you in your mag! Let's not forget...Ian Levine DJ'd once at the 100 Club. Does Ady want him back? I can soon put a call in!

Kev 'forever going 15 rounds with Dave' R x

AND KEEPING THE 100 CLUB THREAD GOING.............

Guest Stuart T

I would have thought Kev's sarcastic and childish comments have just about assured a full house on Saturday at the 100 Club for Ady.

well done Kev, you can stop now.

link

I was going to have to miss the 100 Club but I'm definitely going now. I went to Stoke once and it was crap. It did have lots of people in. But it was still crap.

I was going to have to miss the 100 Club but I'm definitely going now.  I went to Stoke once and it was crap.  It did have lots of people in.  But it was still crap.

link

Stuart,

Can you list all the crappy bits? I can then sack all the personnel responsible! I love the 'it did have lots of people in' line.

Ok - i'm sick and tired off this now and finding it really difficult to remain polite - so I won't !

AL and I will be at the 100 Club on Saturday. My intention was to start a thread of enquiry about who from the forum IS GOING and to offer support to Dave and Steve who have (to my mind) not DJ'd at the 100 club before (a prospect many who have gone before them can testify is a bit daunting).

I did not post up this thread so it could be turned into a circus.

Please give this "Kev versus Ady versus Levine versus my'ERSE versus every person who ever promoted an event " a rest. We as the paying punters really do not give a flying toss! I'm going to the 100 Club... I have pals going to Stoke ... I have pals that are going to neither ...

So let's get back to the thread.... what was it again , oh who's GOING to the 100 Club

Well done Kolla...and let that be a lesson to you Dave R. I suggest 10 wacks of the slipper!

And finally......I can't make it to the 100 Club, I'm staying in with Gavin and Ian.

Er...No I'm not I'm working at the Kings Hall, Stoke!!

NOW WHO's GOING?

To Kolla,

I accept any punishment gracefully x

Guest Stuart T

I love the 'it did have lots of people in' line.

Thanks, it took me ages to think of that.

So let's get back to the thread....  what was it again , oh who's GOING to the 100 Club

Sorry! I want to bring someone who has not been before, can he pick up membership on the door?

If he's coming along with you, not a problem Stuart. PM me his name and we'll sort out a card.

Pikey - do you need some sort of special water bowl, or will a pint glass do :rolleyes:

Guest SteveC

Hi Steve

Was it your good self that played 'the star-treks' - 'gonna need magic (veep-i think?) at the NCSoul event the other month???

If so can we have it again on Saturday?

Shane

link

No probs Shane. It will be in the box. Just remind me on the night. I have a rotten memory.

Don't think I'll be shaking too much Mischief. I'll leave that to Dave!!

Still absolutely daunting though as The 100 club crowd love to disect and discuss every sound you play. At the end of the day your choice of sounds are the talking point by the people that matter in that little club and you know at the end of the night its constructive critisism that you'll receive. I'm sure both Dave & I will enjoy it and we're just so thrilled to have been asked by Ady.

Good thing is I don't think it clashes with anything!!

If he's coming along with you, not a problem Stuart. PM me his name and we'll sort out a card.

Pikey - do you need some sort of special water bowl, or will a pint glass do    :rolleyes:

link

sorry, two pint glasses for me... i only drink double barreled....

BTW I have a 100 club membership card somewhere but cant locate it... i presume I'll be able to get in without? (Its well out of date by now.... several caravan moves since i last visited the smoke).

WOOF!

i presume I'll be able to get in without? (Its well out of date by now.... several caravan moves since i last visited the smoke).

WOOF!

LOL ... no problem... as long as you can say, hand on your heart, you always check the nuts and bolts properly on your fairground rides :rolleyes:

No probs Shane. It will be in the box. Just remind me on the night. I have a rotten memory.

Still absolutely daunting though as The 100 club crowd love to disect and discuss every sound you play. At the end of the day your choice of sounds are the talking point by the people that matter in that little club and you know at the end of the night its constructive critisism that you'll receive. I'm sure both Dave & I will enjoy it and we're just so thrilled to have been asked by Ady.

Good thing is I don't think it clashes with anything!!

link

Nothing worthwhile Steve

Bexter ? Is that the twat that produced the top 500 book using peoples names with ficticious comments in. What a twat

link

No problem. I was taking lessons off Dave Rimmer on Sunday morning on how to cue under these sort of circumstances. Its a two handed affair, but very effective, if my two hands shake more than normal (& thats without being nervous) i shall call for assistance and we shall attempt the four handed cue position.

Guest ShaneH

Tell me a joke wiv monkeys in it and I'll get ya thru' the door, Mr. Dog...... :rolleyes:

link

how many monkeys does it take to screw in a light bulb?

it only takes two: the hard part is getting them IN the lightbulb.

Sorry

Shane

No problem. I was taking lessons off Dave Rimmer on Sunday morning on how to cue under these sort of circumstances. Its a two handed affair, but very effective, if my two hands shake more than normal (& thats without being nervous) i shall call for assistance and we shall attempt the four handed cue position.

link

Dave did you notice that, I addressed that to steve as I knew you would bring the conversation down to a lower level.. :thumbup:

Hope it all goes well for both of you.. wacko.gif

"Enjoy it after all I think thats why we do it, but sometimes i'm not to sure.."

:rolleyes:

Tell me a joke wiv monkeys in it and I'll get ya thru' the door, Mr. Dog...... :rolleyes:

link

A man walks into a pub with his pet monkey.

The barman says, "You can't bring that monkey in here!",

"Don't worry, he won't cause any trouble." The man replies.

Within seconds the monkey jumps up on the pool table and swallows the cue ball.

"Hey, he just ate my cue ball. No one can play pool anymore!Get out!" yells the barman.

So the man leaves taking the monkey with him.

One week later the man returns with his monkey.

He apologises to the barman and promises that there will be no more trouble.

Later that night, the monkey walks over to a bowl of grapes, shoves one up his arse, pulls it out and then eats it.

"That's disgusting! Why did he do that!" says the barman

"Since he swallowed the cue ball, he sizes everything up before he eats it." Replies the man with the monkey

Hows that?

WOOF!

Nothing worthwhile Steve

Bexter ? Is that the twat that produced the top 500 book using peoples names with ficticious comments in. What a twat

link

Dave,

13,000 sold and still selling. Maybe you ought to write a book?

Ask ALL to respect the topic starters wishes

dont wanna start deleting

but will do if need be

Ok - i'm sick and tired off this now and finding it really difficult to remain polite - so I won't !

AL and I will be at the 100 Club on Saturday. My intention was to start a thread of enquiry about who from the forum IS GOING and to offer support to Dave and Steve who have (to my mind) not DJ'd at the 100 club before (a prospect many who have gone before them can testify is a bit daunting).

I did not post up this thread so it could be turned into a circus.

Please give this "Kev versus Ady versus Levine versus my'ERSE versus every  person who ever promoted an event " a rest. We as the paying punters really do not give a flying toss!    I'm going to the 100 Club... I have pals going to Stoke ... I have pals that are going to neither ...

So let's get back to the thread....  what was it again , oh who's GOING to the 100 Club

link

Guest Karen Heath

Blimey, there is a dog with a bone who won't let go on this thread. What luxury to just sit in front of your computer all day sticking your tongue out and going "ner-ner-ner-ner-ner!"

Kitty

Guest micksmith

STEVE-I HOPE YOU WEAR A BETTER SHIRT THIS SATURDAY THEN YOU DID AT THE ANNIVERSARY. YOU AND DAVE HAVE A GREAT NITE-I KNOW YOU WILL-YOU GOT SOME OF THE BEST CROWD DOWN THERE-IF NOT THE BEST AND AT LEAST ON PAR WITH KEELE-SO DON'T DISSAPOINT THEM OTHERWISE I'LL GET "BIG BOY PETE" ON YOUR CASE. I'LL SEE YOU 2 AT "CROSS FIRE". MICK.

Guest SteveC

STEVE-I HOPE YOU WEAR A BETTER SHIRT THIS SATURDAY THEN YOU DID AT THE ANNIVERSARY. YOU AND DAVE HAVE A GREAT NITE-I KNOW YOU WILL-YOU GOT SOME OF THE BEST CROWD DOWN THERE-IF NOT THE BEST AND AT LEAST ON PAR WITH KEELE-SO DON'T DISSAPOINT THEM OTHERWISE I'LL GET "BIG BOY PETE" ON YOUR CASE. I'LL SEE YOU 2 AT "CROSS FIRE". MICK.

link

Thanks Mick

Thinking about a trip to Matalan in preparation for our big event. Couldn't give me the model number could you.........;-))))

2 great fellas Dave & Steve.

Shame I'll miss it, just too poor this month. I'll give you a call Dave half way through your set & you can let me know how it's going!!!! :)

All the best,

Jamie

As the original post was on here I thought I would post a public reply to an e-mail received from "Bexter" .

In answer to my post re kev Roberts I received an e-mail entitiled " Thanks for being so abusive" followed by the text " An apology would be nice to someone who has been in the Northern Soul Business 32 years"

Well Kev the fact is you did use my name in your book with a remark falsely credited to me. So it was a twatish thing to do. So you've sold 13000 copies? Well done I enjoyed reading it most of it but with the individual comments you have to wonder how many are genuine when you've made something up with my name attached.

Secondly you hijack a post about the 100 club to advertise your own "event" & even when it's politely pointed out that your own thread is running re Stoke so why do you feel the need to post it on here you still carry on with your comments designed to annoy & antagonise people. Well done again, you've succeeded. 32 years in the business ? Big deal, perhaps some people don't care about your "business" If you're waiting for an apology you'll be waiting a lot longer than

32 years mate.

Oh by the way Kev as the newest member welcome to Soul Source.