Track Played At Leighton Buzzard Reunion Last Week

Geoff

Can anyone help me with the title of a track played by Guy Hennigan at the Leighton Buzzard reunion night last Thursday please?

It had a line in it something like In My Heart, which may be the title, I think Guy said it was Motown, but I may have misheard him. I've definitely heard it before, but as usual my memory has let me down.

Incidentally it was a very enjoyable evening. Pity about the power problems.

Any help gratefully received.

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can anyone help me with the title of a track played by Guy Hennigan at the Leighton Buzzard reunion night last Thursday please?

It had a line in it something like In My Heart, which may be the title, I think Guy said it was Motown, but I may have misheard him. I've definitely heard it before, but as usual my memory has let me down.

Can you remember anymore lines Geoff?

Wasn't Linda Griner was it? Goodbye cruel love.

Social source share

Was it Suspicion?

If it was, it was near the beginning of his set and had me dashing onto the dance floor. Its a record that always reminds me of Rob Marriott.... :wicked:

Social source share

What am I like? Of course it was Suspicion, although it is one that often fools me, information overload is my excuse. Currently playing it on Soul Club. I'm sure Guy called it In My Heart, was that its cover up name? Absolutely brilliant record.

Thanks to everyone and abject apologies for my stupidity.

Social source share

What am I like? Of course it was Suspicion, although it is one that often fools me, information overload is my excuse. Currently playing it on Soul Club. I'm sure Guy called it In My Heart, was that its cover up name? Absolutely brilliant record.

Thanks to everyone and abject apologies for my stupidity.

can't remember it being covered :wicked: grey mater might not be working properly mind :wicked: It was pressed under different names, speeded up and pressed as Marvin Gaye I think for one :wicked:

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

can't remember it being covered :wicked: grey mater might not be working properly mind :wicked: It was pressed under different names, speeded up and pressed as Marvin Gaye I think for one :wicked:

detroit prophets?

Shane

Social source share

so where does

BABY HAVE MERCY ON ME-THE ORIGONALS come into all this bollocks :thumbsup:

Obviously, sometimes the acetate was cut up the road and the wrong title was accidently written on the label. However, a few times the 'original' song title was registered for Jobete at BMI e.g. Temps - Last one out is broken hearted, for the song lyrics to undergo and almost re-write before the track was cut in the studio with an title that now had no seemingly real conection with it's first outing.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!