Are Dealers The Way ?

Guest Daddy

Easily worth £3000 IMO. Ridiculously rare and far better than a lot of the so called rare stufff played these days. If Pat & Blenders is £1K plus now the Trent Sisters is worth ten times that in rarity alone :):):D Two, three known copies? Probably impossible to put a price on as who knows what it would fetch in an auction yes.gif

Edited by chalky
Social source share

• Replies 75
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

soundfile:

Aaah yes, remember this from somewhere, sometime so must have been played and therefore must be copies or whatever out there.

Very good record, would love to own one but not worth 15k to me. :)

Bit p'ed off about how this thread was concocted though...............

John

Edited by John Alden
Social source share

Aaah yes, remember this from somewhere, sometime so must have been played and therefore must be copies or whatever out there.

Very good record, would love to own one but not worth 15k to me. :)

John

it's an old Stafford spin for Keb. Carl Fortnum is the only one who I've heard play this out these days.

Social source share

Guest 71TRSC

Manship lists it at £300 and Tim Brown at £400. They can't both be that out of touch. Split the difference and I'll give you £350 for it. I've often pondered why there has been a decline in standards and politeness in todays society. Is it a lack of corporal punishment in schools or parental guidance? I missed the obvious, it's down to "funk forums". They don't sound very gentlemanly on there. I recomend you boys take up pipe smoking.

Social source share

Is there another copy apart from Carls and the one 'Daddy' has.......Known to us any way, there is proberly a few knocking about some where :)

Social source share

Manship lists it at £300 and Tim Brown at £400. They can't both be that out of touch. Split the difference and I'll give you £350 for it.

Manships Book is based upon the last time he sold one for, or in this case must have been what Carl payed for it off Keb? (i say that because i take it from Chalkys post Keb sold it to Carl?

Or thats my theory of it being in there at £300.........who says the books are right any way :)

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Easily worth £3000 IMO. Ridiculously rare and far better than a lot of the so called rare stufff played these days. If Pat & Blenders is £1K plus now the Trent Sisters is worth ten times that in rarity alone :):):D Two, three known copies? Probably impossible to put a price on as who knows what it would fetch in an auction :D

Sell £4grands worth of records and buy it then Chalky laugh.gif Put your money where your mouth is I say, would love to hear it out more, it's a bloody nightmare getting Karl to play it because he knows I'm the only person who will dance to it, propa floor clearer.

My guess is it will go for about £2500 on an auction with me out the running.

£15grand? Still makes me chuckle, what a c_u_n_t :D

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest Daddy

Bit p'ed off about how this thread was concocted though...............

John

Well before you get p'ed off at me, please read back through the thread. I didn't put a name to the record, someone else did, a DJ who I had approached privately away from the forum. Why he saw fit to come here and shout about the find, Lord only knows.

Social source share

No offence James but aren't you bitting your nose off to spite your face there? why not bid on it get it for £2500 and you save £500 on what you origianly offerd for it? :)

Social source share

it's an old Stafford spin for Keb. Carl Fortnum is the only one who I've heard play this out these days.

Thanks mate. Thought it was Keb but didn't quite have the confidence to say!

John.

Manships Book is based upon the last time he sold one for, or in this case must have been what Carl payed for it off Keb? (i say that because i take it from Chalkys post Keb sold it to Carl?

Or thats my theory of it being in there at £300.........who says the books are right any way :)

Most of JM's prices are 20 - 50% OVER real prices!!!

I'll give you 200.

yes.gif:):D

Social source share

Sell £4grands worth of records and buy it then Chalky :) Put your money where your mouth is I say, would love to hear it out more, it's a bloody nightmare getting Karl to play it because he knows I'm the only person who will dance to it, propa floor clearer.

£15grand? Still makes me chuckle, what a c_u_n_t :D

I 've no particular wish to own it James. Maybe if I had 4 grand spare and one was available then I might consider it :)laugh.gif

Carl played it last time at Middleton. And Carls turned down a lot more than £3k :D

I reckon it would fetch more than the £3k mentioned on JM's auction.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Thanks mate. Thought it was Keb but didn't quite have the confidence to say!

John.

Most of JM's prices are 20 - 50% OVER real prices!!!

I'll give you 200.

:rolleyes:ph34r.gif:yes:

Put a extra nought on the end and you've got a deal.......I'll fly over to Hong Kong (i think thats where some one said Daddy was from) take a two week holiday, bop Daddy on the head pinch the record we both win, you get the record, i get a all expences paid holiday :D

P.S Just a joke Daddy :D

Social source share

Put a extra nought on the end and you've got a deal.......I'll fly over to Hong Kong (i think thats where some one said Daddy was from) take a two week holiday, bop Daddy on the head pinch the record we both win, you get the record, i get a all expences paid holiday ph34r.gif

P.S Just a joke Daddy :yes:

No it's not daddy, he means it :rolleyes:

Social source share

why don't you get mr vinyl carvers on to it, then allways play it with your eyes shut in the dark and you would never know it's a boot plus you'd save your self £2985 :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest denmac

these ere trent sisters is it jackie and river ?? sorry, but i did like the tune.

i feel like ive cracked a bad joke at a funeral' i think i`ll get on to this laser white teeth thingy below .

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Well before you get p'ed off at me, please read back through the thread. I didn't put a name to the record, someone else did, a DJ who I had approached privately away from the forum. Why he saw fit to come here and shout about the find, Lord only knows.

But I'm not 'just a DJ', am I? We have had run ins for years and I basically concider you to be a right c_u_n_t, as you do me, so don't get all mincey on us.

You have emailed dealers, got advice from the likes of John Manship and Adam Leaver. You have offered it around privately, you have posted on this board in a cloaked way wasting peoples time when you know exactly what you are going to do with it. Not once, but twice.

You do not contribute to this site in anyway.

And to make matters worse you are milking the attention with these silly cloaked posts. :P

No offence James but aren't you bitting your nose off to spite your face there? why not bid on it get it for £2500 and you save £500 on what you origianly offerd for it? :thumbsup:

Totally. :thumbsup:

But the thing about rare records is that there are 1000s of the things and there are always other fish in the sea. :lol:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Carl played it last time at Middleton. And Carls turned down a lot more than £3k :lol:

I know :thumbsup: But that was before the total number of copies doubled! :thumbsup:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

soundfile:

And that's big on the Funk scene you say?

All's I can say is that Funk sure has changed from what I understood it to be.

And you're correct, it is quite messy and as you also say, difficult to get your feet around.

Now I've seen you dance in Oslo but couldn't imagine you dancing to this one.

So why the £3000 price tag?

Is it some kind of 'requirement' to have in your DJ box? No offence intended here so please don't take any. Just curious.

Social source share

Agree, John Manship probably best bet. He's always done right by friends in the past and I think he charges 10% of sale price for auction items. Certainly gets big money for the stuff he sells but, as I always say, if someone wants to pay that for a 45 then good luck to them, no point whinging about inflated, crazy etc etc (even though it obviously is and ESPECIALLY if its on my Wants list!!!!) lol

10% in the old day's ie 2005, it is now 15%.

SHEEP

Social source share

Very nice tune, catchy, I didn't know it. :thumbsup: Not exactly "messy" as it seems to be extremely well produced for a tiny label 60s record. The tempo in the chorus is indeed a bit "off", but not undanceable by any stretch.

You havent seen Trouble dance then, have you?........... :thumbsup: fukc hope he asnt crashed is motor :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert