Monumental Soul This Saturday 22nd April 2006

Guest Niki

Dearest groovy Mental Soul people,

The second funky MonuMENTAL Soul of 2005 happens this Saturday the 22nd April. We haven't got round to getting flyers printed up yet and we are also not on our usual last Saturday of the month so please do us a VERY big favour and spread the word. Many thanks all.

We're really looking forward to this Saturday as we are finally getting Essex Soul God Mr. Gary Dennis behind the MonuMENTAL wheels of steel (one year later than we wanted, but hey better late than never!). Gary is one of Mental's most regular punters and we know he has been itching for the chance to spin some serious MENTAL-style soul almost as much as we have been waiting for the opportunity to procure his services. We can't wait!

You know the rest - as usual your very own resident MENTAL DJs Girth Devon, Mole and myself will be spinning a selection of lesser known oldies, ultra rare crossover, funky floor-fillers, modern soul anthems and brand new soul cuts.... the very best in QUALITY soul old and new. We absolutely guarantee you a night of great soul music and great company at a great venue with a nice big danceable wooden floor and all washed down with pub priced beer and that all important draught bitter. Miss it at your peril...

See you there!

Niki, Girth & Mole

xx

Monumental Soul

@ The Britannia

20 Monument Street

London EC3R 8AJ

Doors: 8.30pm to 2am

Tax: seven quid

The Britannia is by The Monument - just a 30 second stroll down the hill from Monument Tube station (District & Circle Lines, and foot tunnel to Northern & Central Lines), walking distance to Fenchurch Street, Cannon Street, London Bridge (just over the river) and Liverpool Street Rail stations. If you're coming by car, Monument Street is just off King William St - London Bridge and Lower Thames Street. There is plenty of free street parking close to the venue. **2006 - the road immediately outside the Britannia, around the base of the Monument, has now been paved over causing a no through road. Enter Monument Street from the Lower Thames Street end for parking**

MonuMENTAL Dates for 2006:April 22nd - with guest Gary Dennis

May 27th - Mole's big birthday bash with guests Tony Rounce & Mark 'Binsy' Taylor

June 24th - Paul T & Annie's 50/40 party with VERY special guests. Tickets available in advance.

Sept 30th - guest TBA

Oct 28th - guest TBA

November 25th - guest TBA

December 31st - Niki's birthday party. Ticket only.

post-2227-1145466354.jpg

Edited by Niki
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hoping to get along tonight. What's the last time you can get in. I'm djing at Southside's do in Plumstead earlier and was hoping to pop over after 12. Can I still get in.

You can call me on my mobile 07956 536 127, pm me or leave a reply on here.

Warren Boogaloo

Had a great time at MonuMental last Saturday night. In fact I am still getting over it. The music was excellent as usual.

As at the previous night at SHS, it was good to see friends there. Also nice to talk to Mary who asked Dave Swift and me about our "skipping" dance, lol.

It was particularly good to see Niki there and talk to her. Thorougly enjoyed her set.

Thanks to Mole for playing Come Get To This. First time I've seen Gary Dennis DJ, he played a good selection including a couple of jazzy tracks. One sounded vaguely Brazilian, reminded me of stuff played in the 80s.

Any chance of some playlists as the majority of tracks played were new to me, being a novice on the Modern scene?

I danced a lot and am still paying for it.

Roll on the next one.

Had a great time at MonuMental last Saturday night. In fact I am still getting over it. The music was excellent as usual.

As at the previous night at SHS, it was good to see friends there. Also nice to talk to Mary who asked Dave Swift and me about our "skipping" dance, lol.

It was particularly good to see Niki there and talk to her. Thorougly enjoyed her set.

Thanks to Mole for playing Come Get To This. First time I've seen Gary Dennis DJ, he played a good selection including a couple of jazzy tracks. One sounded vaguely Brazilian, reminded me of stuff played in the 80s.

Any chance of some playlists as the majority of tracks played were new to me, being a novice on the Modern scene?

Roll on the next one.

Thanks as always for your kind words Geoff - i'll try and find some time later to get my playlist typed up.

Cheers Girth

Roll on the next one.

Agree with Geoff on this one. Great night (even tho' I missed most of it :thumbsup: ). Thought Gary's set was superb. Nice to see Niki, Gareth and Lisa there and heard a few tunes that instantly made it onto my wants list. Personally, even tho' I love all aspects of Northern (RnB, Motown, 60s etc) I think that the Modern scene has a monopoly on SOUL in the music that's being played out at the moment. Maybe controversial but that's my opinion.

Peace and Love

Warren Boogaloo

HI Geoff, it was lovely to meet you and Dave - me and my 'skippy' dancing eh - maybe I should have said 'shuffle'....I'm just jealous because I still can't do it properly, even though I've had 'kitchen lessons' from Anne and Claire!! :thumbsup:

Had a fab time Sat and look forward to the next one!

xx