Sounds That Bring A Tear To The Eye

Hi there,

wondered which songs touch people so much that the tears well up, or you get that tingle up and down the spine. Or songs that relate to certain times in their lives/ or relationships..............i'm sure everyone has them????

for me Gabrielles song Out of Reach starts me off....if it comes on the radio i have to either switch off or walk out of the room. Reminds me of a relationship that went sour 6 years ago. The woman concerned left me and i haven't seen her since...............4_9_9.gif

Northern-wise for me as follows..........

..................... You Satisfy my Needs-Dee Irwin

No Rest For the Worried-Clarence Williams

Hey You-Montclairs

Showstopper-Cashmeres

Hurt So Bad/Call Me The Joker-Little Annthony and Imperials

I Do Love You-Billy Stewart

Number Onederful-Jay and Techniques

Carl :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 84
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The Temps Just my Imagation.

The O lord hear my prayer, Bit just floors me every time :thumbsup: even after all this time. Grts a bit embersing when it comes on the radio

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

... the Christmas carol "Silent Night", sung by anyone at all, and also "Lullaby Of Broadway" from the movie "Gold Diggers Of 1933" (or maybe '32 - anyway, it's sung by Winifred Shaw and I always well up when the tap dancing bit comes in halfway through. These two songs easily reduce me to a blubbering heap, and I have had to flee crowded rooms before now at Christmastime when "S. Night" is sung on any TV programme, just to keep my emotions in check...

I'm not making this up - I've been this way for years about both things. Why they turn on my waterworks in this way and - much as I adore it - "The Dark End Of the Street" doesn't is something that shall, I guess, forever remain a secret between me and my tear ducts...

...I guess I'm just a sentimental old Hector, really.

TONE :thumbsup:

Social source share

Stevie Wonder's version of I Hear a Symphony. I get goosebumps every time I play it. The first time I played it I thought "here we go with an inferior version of The Supremes and the Isleys"....

Bloody hell!! I actually had to wipe tears from my eyes as I listened to it. Funny thing is my wife, who when I asked her to listen to it with the head phones, said exactly what I'd been thinking, and she loved it as much as I did!

My niece, who wouldn't know a soul record from a dirty nappy, actually used this for the bride and grooms first dance after hearing it just once at our house.

On the northern side it has to be Love Love Love by Bobby Hebb. Sheer perfection.

Social source share

Hi there,

wondered which songs touch people so much that the tears well up, or you get that tingle up and down the spine. Or songs that relate to certain times in their lives/ or relationships..............i'm sure everyone has them????

for me Gabrielles song Out of Reach starts me off....if it comes on the radio i have to either switch off or walk out of the room. Reminds me of a relationship that went sour 6 years ago. The woman concerned left me and i haven't seen her since...............4_9_9.gif

Hey You-Montclairs

Showstopper-Cashmeres

Mine has to be Ronnie Mc Neir

you're gonna love my baby

Ive watched this on a grainy old tv show I have on DVD

Was sooo very sad ....she was in the moment

BTW ...which Carl are you ?? forest town ????

Mand :O)))

Social source share

Hi there,

For me theres a few that tug on the old heart strings

Lauren Hill. Cold winter in the ghetto

Jimmy Beumont. I never loved her anyway

Originals. Baby i,m for real.

Dorothy Moore. Misty blue.

Herman Lewis. Kissing you tonight.

Four Tops. Ask the lonely

Winstons. Colour him father

Steve

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

Hi there,

Hey You-Montclairs

Showstopper-Cashmeres

Jennifer Holiday - I'm Telling You I'm Not Going

The O'Jays - If I Should Love Again

Luther Ingram - If Lovin' You Is Wrong (Millie Jackson version also)

Clyde McPhatter - One More Chance

and thankyou to Steve for reminding me:

Dorothy Moore - Misty Blue

Social source share

A few tunes that get me reaching for the kleenex:

Without You - Nilson

Just My Imagination - Temps

Missin' My Baby - Clydie King

Goin' Out Of My Head - Little Anthony & The Imperials

Get Out Of My Life - Little Anthony & The Imperials

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Hi there,

Soul Children "I can't let you go" / "What's happening baby"

Linda Jones "I can't make it alone"

Garnett Mimms "It was easier to hurt her"

Mavis Staples "Makes you wanna cry"

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

For me it's Jimmy Bo Horne - If you want my love. Always reminds me of Morcambe pier around 1983 (i think) and an intense and emotional relationship i was having at the time, not helped by large quantities of paranoia inducing amphetamine :thumbsup:

Takes me back every time i hear it.

M.

Social source share

I did actually blubber whilst singing along to George Jacksons 'I don't have the time to love you' in a bar during one of my Falkland stints - lyrics were too poignant when your along way from home. :thumbsup:

Also shed quite a few tears at the first Cleethorpes weekender, whilst dancing and singing away to Ruby Winters 'Better'. Them lyrics always crack me up

Social source share

Bessie Banks - The best is yet to come

Babs McNair - You're gonna love my baby

Temps - Aint too proud to beg !!

Pass the tissues.. sniff sniff :thumbsup:

Social source share

Think I must be a hard faced bitch, as i can't think of a single track that's made me cry :thumbsup:

Even when I was going through my "mental health statistic" phase, it wasn't tunes, even really sad ones, that made me cry. :wicked:

Don't get me wrong, I'm quite adept at blubbing, but mostly soul tunes make me smile :yes:

Social source share

my 1st nearly brings a tear JUST LOVIN YOU/RUBY ANDREWS(was me & my xs song for 15 years.she was upset when she came back to me 1 of many times,to find out i had sold it).

ITS JUST A RECORD !!! :thumbsup:

my 2nd did make me cry tho CHAOS / VIVIAN COPELAND(been after it for so long,managed to get a copy at cleethorpes 2 year ago.didnt play it till the tue,was just so happy it was on my turntable.that was after i played it & it wasnt the right song.the bloody labels were reversed)

ITS JUST A RECORD !!! :wicked:

Social source share

It brought a tear to my eye when I realised I had wasted 99p on a copy of "Do I Love You" by Frank Wilson!

What a sad day.

:)

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Hi there,

Hey You-Montclairs

Showstopper-Cashmeres

Carl :)

Has to be Big Maybelle - Oh Lord What Are You Doing To Me, have driven along blubbing while its playing in car!!

Northern -wise - William Bell - Happy, puts me close to tears.

Alan

Social source share

Guest janey

Oh Yeah....I can blub very easily on hearing a particular choon....for varying reasons behind each one...

One's that set me off.....

Hurt So Bad and It's Not The Same - Little Anthony & The Imperials

Anyone Who Knows What Love Is(Will Understand) - Irma Thomas

Come See What's Left Of Me - Bobby Hutton

Just The Lonely - Fantastic Four

Where Did You Go - Four Tops

Lost - Darlettes

Then Came Heartbreak - The Jive Five

You're My Everything - Little Jerry Williams

Stormy - The Supremes

But the ultimate for me.....

My Whole World Ended(The Moment You Left Me) - David Ruffin......as I was playing this when my brother rang me to tell me my dear mum had passed away suddenly........Say no more :)

Janey

Social source share

I know the first one is not NS, but Elvis...In the ghetto

and the lovely Miss Diana Ross...Love child

============

Remember me

Touch me in the morning

Stay with me baby

Broken dream - python Lee Jackson

=========

from the more traditional stable

Little girl

These memories

Social source share

Judi Collins - Send in the Clowns .... don't know why but have always had a tear when I hear this.

Frank Sinatra - My Way .... my grandad's song :)

Soul records ..... quite a few but main one is

Clydie King - Missing my Baby - someone knows why!!!

Edited by Mandy
Social source share

wondered which songs touch people so much that the tears well up, or you get that tingle up and down the spine.

Jean Wells "What Have I Got To Lose"

Bobby McClure "To Get What You Got"

Debbie Taylor "Touching You"

Terry Collins "The Show Must Go On"

Carl Weathers "You Ought To Be With Me"

Sandra Wright "I'm Not Strong Enough"

Levert "I'm Still"

Controllers "We Dont"

Zingara "Loves Calling"

Dells "I Touched A Dream"

Peggy Scott "I Cant Say No"

Jaibi "You Got Me"

All to die for.

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

Sean , You are going to love Tony Troutman - I Really Love You. This song is just Too Deep To Weep and then some! Right Up Your Street! I have done the CD. Will be in the post tommorrow!

Which after looking at Sean's list, reminded me of a few more

"How Could You Run Away" - Louise Freeman

"Let Me Love You" - Ralph Graham

"Georgia Blue" - Joe Simon

"I Can Read Between The Lines" - Johnny Taylor

"It's Me" - Willie Johnson

The list is endless ain't it.

If Carlsberg did Soul Music, it would not be this good! whistling.gif

Social source share

Sean , You are going to love Tony Troutman - I Really Love You. This song is just Too Deep To Weep and then some! Right Up Your Street! I have done the CD. Will be in the post tommorrow!

Which after looking at Sean's list, reminded me of a few more

"How Could You Run Away" - Louise Freeman

"Let Me Love You" - Ralph Graham

"Georgia Blue" - Joe Simon

"I Can Read Between The Lines" - Johnny Taylor

"It's Me" - Willie Johnson

The list is endless ain't it.

If Carlsberg did Soul Music, it would not be this good! whistling.gif

If this is Hampsey music, I must hear it !

Steve

Edited by SteveM
Social source share

Guest For Real

A few more to add to the growing list!

Ruben Bell - Asking for the truth but praying for a lie. Heartbreaking lyrics, incredible singing - sends shivers down spine, tears, the lot.

Joe Simon - I found my Dad. Really unusual lyrics - story about how he finds his Dad as a down and out in the park. 'Life is so hard and there ain't no one to blame'.

Jaibi - You got me

Sam Dees - The show must go on

Cheers

Mark

Social source share

Forgive me Folks I think my answer should have been Barbara Mc Nair?? Not ronnie

Doug Is that right???

Mand :O))) Daft tart thumbsup.gif

Yeah Mand thats right.

For me it has to be Ray Pollards The drifter.... every chuffing time it gets me.

Non Soul related has to be Samual Barbers Adigio for Strings... has me sobbing like a baby :lol:

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Only Sam Cooke - Nothing Can Change This Love, other one i would say is not soul and nothing what so ever to do with it He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother.

Social source share

Guest LUCY J W

:D For me it has to be John and the Weirdest ' Can't get over these memories'

brings a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye, everytime :D

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

:D For me it has to be John and the Weirdest ' Can't get over these memories'

brings a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye, everytime :D

sure does.

especially the mention of the little puppy scratching at the door :D:D

Shane

Social source share

Anyone found the other thread we did on this? Wasn't as long a go as last year was it? :D

Johnny my boy - Ad Libs (eye moistener)

Yesterday when I was young - Charles Aznavour (full on griz, reminds me of me dad).

I remember this thread, but can't think who did it, or what it was called, only a few months back :D .

Social source share

For me its the following:

Irma Thomas " anyone who knows what love is ( will understand). I first heard this on Dave godin`s " deep soul treasures" & it just blew me away.

Dorothy Moore "misty blue" never understood why this lady was never a super star of soul............ what a voice.

Willie nelson " angels flying to close to the ground" . Allways reminds me of my late father

Anything by Merle Haggard.............. see above.

Social source share

Hi there,

Hey You-Montclairs

Showstopper-Cashmeres

Carl :yes:

Eddie Parker - But If You Must Go

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source