Best Song Of The Day

• Replies 55
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I kept flipping a CD back I'd done recently to Katie Love's 'It hurt's so good'. I'd not played it yonks and I can't seem to let the player go past it. cool.gif

I'll try and learn how to post these things up - if anybody's got an 'idiots guide', it would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

Social source share

I

I'll try and learn how to post these things up - if anybody's got an 'idiots guide', it would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

First thing to do is to covert the track on the CD to mp3. Otherwise the soundfile will just be too big. After that just upload the file . Look at the 'File Attachments' box when you are adding a reply.Locate the file on your machine by hitting the 'browse' button.Then hit 'Add Reply'.

Social source share

Two ive been playing today are

Soul children & 1 from Ann Nesby............ anyone got any info on miss Nesby..... fantastic voice & i think i read somewhere she is a gospel singer. Ive only got this track on cd .......... did it get a 12" or 7" release???

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page
garv said:

Soul children & 1 from Ann Nesby............ anyone got any info on miss Nesby..... fantastic voice & i think i read somewhere she is a gospel singer. Ive only got this track on cd .......... did it get a 12" or 7" release???

Mate she was the lead singer with the Sounds Of Blackness then went Solo. Think she has had 4 Albums on her own. Stunning Voice

Social source share

Guest rachel

Seen it on a 12", maybe more than one release, couple of different mixes I think? (it was a while ago :lol: )

Social source share

Mate she was the lead singer with the Sounds Of Blackness then went Solo. Think she has had 4 Albums on her own. Stunning Voice

:lol::D ................... ive got a sounds of blackness cd............. :D:D , thick bast*rd... me :lol:

Cheers Gav :lol:

Social source share

today i've been pluggin' myself into sam dees, okay not yer actual wigany floor filler but soul oozes as free as the insides of a big mac when you take that first bite!!!

Social source share

today i've been pluggin' myself into sam dees, okay not yer actual wigany floor filler but soul oozes as free as the insides of a big mac when you take that first bite!!!

Social source share

Soul children & 1 from Ann Nesby............ anyone got any info on miss Nesby.....

Should be a link here fella to her own website.http ://www.bluewireconnect.com/ann/

Just out of intrest, if you`ve been watching american idol the young girl who talks like Mini mouse but sings like an angel, Paris Bennett, is actually Ann Nesby`s grandaughter

Trev

Edited by Coxy
Social source share

Guest Kevin J

Just woke up 2 hours ago, but started the day off with The Superiors - Tell Me to Go (Verve). Its the flip to What Would I Do. this side is much better IMO.

kev

Social source share

Paris Bennett, is actually Ann Nesby`s grandaughter

Trev

That's true Trevor and she IS an Angel. Been looking out for Paris since her first audition when she did Billy's "Take Five" so superbly.

Can't wait for her to record.

An amazing voice and a genuine Soul discovery from American Idol.

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

garv said:

came out on a 4 track promo 12" which i sold recently for not much, but i also have the whole lp on double vinyl if you're looking for it, drop me a PM it won't break the bank. No remixes of this track as far as i've ever been aware, and didn't get a release on 7" or 12". Awesome singer, just buy all her albums,

cheers Sutty

Social source share

came out on a 4 track promo 12" which i sold recently for not much, but i also have the whole lp on double vinyl if you're looking for it, drop me a PM it won't break the bank. No remixes of this track as far as i've ever been aware, and didn't get a release on 7" or 12". Awesome singer, just buy all her albums,

cheers Sutty

Also came out on a 12", Witness EP, three remixes of "Can I Get A Witness" and "In The Spirit" album mix.

You are better with the 4 track promo though as this also contains "Thrill Me" the other great dancer from the album :thumbsup:

soulmac.

Social source share

"today i've been pluggin' myself into sam dees, okay not yer actual wigany floor filler but soul oozes as free as the insides of a big mac when you take that first bite!!!"

Surely one of the greatest deep soul records of all time. Must be heartbreaking to hear this when going through relationship breakup or divorce.

I hadn't heard of him before hearing this track, and although I've heard some good ones by him, none match this.

Social source share

Guest johnm

Great vocal and tune, I've got this on 12" I'll need to dig it out great to hear it again..

I've listeninig to ooh Child by Mary Wilson she has a 'supreme ' voice..

Social source share

You are not going to believe this but Iwas playing over again a funky soul track by Gary Glitter(I Kid you not) Cant remeber what it was but played it about 5 times cos I could not believe it! Going home for lunch so will get the name of the track and post it up. Its on a strange various artist lp from Canada. I put up a post on weird & wonderful things.

I know you think Im insane but you have to hear it. I dont know how to post MP3s but Ill get amate to do it at some point and you can hear it for yourself.

Social source share

As a confirmed 60`s and motown lover I have amazed myself and cannot stop playing:

Nicole Willis - If this aint love.

What a brilliant slice of pure soul.

God, what is the world coming to. shades.gif

Social source share

Since I first heard 'Hooked By Love' in the late 60s I've been a fan of Homer Banks. I came across this today. An unreleased Minit I believe. To me this is superb. It's a bit slow to get going, so give it a chance.

Anthony & Imperials - Don't Tie Me Down arrived this morning. Cheapie I know but I love all that Veep stuff. Flipped it over and "Where There's A Will, There's a Way to Forget You" poured out. Powerful beat ballad, gospel style backing.........heaven. Just off to play it again!

John.

Social source share

Anthony & Imperials - Don't Tie Me Down arrived this morning. Cheapie I know but I love all that Veep stuff. Flipped it over and "Where There's A Will, There's a Way to Forget You" poured out. Powerful beat ballad, gospel style backing.........heaven. Just off to play it again!

John.

Any chance of a soundfile John?

Social source share

Tune of the day for me

Jerry Townes - Nevermore - Penny :thumbsup:

soulmac.

Other sides good too!!,you are my sunshine :lol: got one fer` a £5 only the other day :lol:

Social source share

Yes Sean except its stated as Gary Glitter- Which scene?

It was definitely played on our beloved Northern 'Soul' scene.

I even think it had plays at Wigan soon after release.

Saw it in loads of boxes at the time. It was the 'B' side of the Glitter hit 'People Like You, People Like Me'.

God, I can't believe I'm writing about a Glitter record!!

:thumbsup:

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

JUST GOT HOME AND THINKING ABOUT THIS ONE SO IM GIVING IT A PLAY NOW,

get in there im ready for bed now,

barbara carr - messing with my mind,

what more can i say.

good night all.

Social source share

Guest StoneSoul45

Should be a link here fella to her own website.http ://www.bluewireconnect.com/ann/

Just out of intrest, if you`ve been watching american idol the young girl who talks like Mini mouse but sings like an angel, Paris Bennett, is actually Ann Nesby`s grandaughter

Trev

I had heard this but I didnt believe it. I sure hope she wins...what a voice!

Social source share

Guest StoneSoul45

oh yeah, and I'm playing Cynthia & The Imaginary Three - Thats What I Am, on CD of course.

Social source share

Guest SteveC

Getting to grips with the catchy Blondell Breed and the Imports - When I see my baby - "Acta" Love it or hate but I find that there is a special something about it with its slightly latin feel.

Social source share

Just come downstairs after playing some old tunes out of the box, two that i played a couple of times over times over ;-

Johnnie Mae Matthews - Here Comes My Baby, nice bouncy R&B with a great sax break ! &

Roscoe Robinson - What You're Doing To Me, great stomper, can't even remember buying it .

Both were in my bits & peices box & not even catologued, can't understand how i did that.

& Both cheap as chips :lol:

Social source share

I got a really great tape through the post this week ---cant get past song three though--keep rewinding it back and leaving it in the player in the car--so upto now ive been to tesco's at least 16 times--got more bread than i will ever eat--- it sounds better when im driving but its costing me a small fortune in petrol as i only get 19 to the gallon--but oooooooooooooooohhhh what a tune--FRENCH COFFEY--NOTHING FROM NOTHING------------been looking after the grandchildren today so we have been for little rides --two little voices in the back --OOHH NO NOT AGAIN GRAN---i remember last year persecuting them with velvet hammer --i cant believe that its true for about two months---- isnt it just great when you hear something new gets you all fired up----------------------------------jo

Social source share

Bought a 1960s Immediate Chris Farlowe LP off the boot sale on Sunday which included this track which can also be picked up on a 45 pretty cheaply as far as I know. I'm not his greatest fan but as far as blue eyed soul goes this aint bad at all.

ChrisFarlowe.mp3

Quite like that Craig. Be intresting to here it with just a little tweek up on the pitch.

Social source share

The two biggest tunes in Club Spyro at the 'mo are Johnny Daye "Good time" on Jomada and "First impressions" High Inergy on Gordy. Nice little numbers from either side of the spectrum there. If I get chance on Sat I'll post MP3's.

Social source share

Been listening to "You Better Believe It Vol.2 CD" worth it just for the Darrow Fletcher track Rising Cost of Love :D also been listening to other great tunes in the car "I Wish I Could be Your Lover - Little Mitlon & Your Love Has me Locked Up - The Modulations :D oh & have to mention The Dynamics "What A Shame" superb album :thumbsup:

Social source share

Black wing's - anyone who know's me, know's this is one of my all time fav's. :lol:

Arthur was selling a copy at Lifeline - mint - very good price - anyone want to buy it for me or lend the cash please feel free to do so........ :yes::rolleyes:

Used to have a copy of - Love play's funny game's. I liked it but has an aquired taste - not for everyone.

Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

Been listening to "You Better Believe It Vol.2 CD" worth it just for the Darrow Fletcher track Rising Cost of Love :lol: also been listening to other great tunes in the car "I Wish I Could be Your Lover - Little Mitlon & Your Love Has me Locked Up - The Modulations :) oh & have to mention The Dynamics "What A Shame" superb album :rolleyes:

Dynamics LP.... :yes::yes::yes:

Georgie Fame Daylight

Startells falling inlove with you girl :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert