Ns Ts & Vinyl Stickers

Thinking about running off a few northern soul Ts. Looking for a few quirky ideas.

Not too keen on the following design concepts

Record labels - bit dull

SSDCT - very dull

Black power fist - bit embarrassing

Anybody got something a bit different?

Potential design attached - posted by Nick Hackett in a completely unrelated thread, is sort of the direction I'm heading.........what do you think?

On an almost completely separate note I noticed a couple of people hankering after 'keep it vinyl stickers'.

Its fairly easy for me to get stuff like that produced, so if there is a specific design you need recreating, send me the details. I'll run off a few, you send the money to your favourite charity.

Lets be having it....

post-1219-1145560544.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 66
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thinking about running off a few northern soul Ts. Looking for a few quirky ideas.

Record labels - bit dull

SSDCT - very dull

Potential design attached - posted by Nick Hackett in a completely unrelated thread, is sort of the direction I'm heading.........what do you think?

On an almost completely separate note I noticed a couple of people hankering after 'keep it vinyl stickers'.

Its fairly easy for me to get stuff like that produced, so if there is a specific design you need recreating, send me the details. I'll run off a few, you send the money to your favourite charity.

Lets be having it....

I saw some wicked Blues Artists T's in the States several years ago, these were really classy black shirts with the artist image pretty much covering the front of the shirt in like a white print but it was an actual image Sonny Boy, Little Walter, John Lee Hooker etc., maybe a similar idea could be used say rare album covers i.e. Artistics LP on Okeh, Hestitations Kapp LP, Metros RCA LP, Darrell Banks Atco LP and so on, i think people being a little older would go for something a little more classy than the 'Keep The Faith' Black fist kinda design which was great twenty five years ago but a little old hat circa 2006, i think if you make them unique and perhaps more designer orientated then they will prove popular.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

I got a good T shirt with a night owl on the back ,from the states a couple years ago,and also one for Dude.

Kev.

I saw some wicked Blues Artists T's in the States several years ago, these were really classy black shirts with the artist image pretty much covering the front of the shirt in like a white print but it was an actual image Sonny Boy, Little Walter, John Lee Hooker etc., maybe a similar idea could be used say rare album covers i.e. Artistics LP on Okeh, Hestitations Kapp LP, Metros RCA LP, Darrell Banks Atco LP and so on, i think people being a little older would go for something a little more classy than the 'Keep The Faith' Black fist kinda design which was great twenty five years ago but a little old hat circa 2006, i think if you make them unique and perhaps more designer orientated then they will prove popular.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Cheers for comments Mark. Yes want to avoid - 'Keep The Faith' Black fist kinda design.......lads at work have seen it & constantly ask when I'm playing a bit of northern - "is the work of the black hand gang?"

Mind you when I change it over to a bit of a modern they comment - "did Huggy Bear just walk in?"

Happy to look at a few album covers, just need high res tiffs, pdfs etc.

Social source share

Record labels - bit dull

SSDCT - very dull

Lets be having it....

what like you did for prestayn

mischief spent ten days designing at great expense a t shirt and his hopes were crushed

hes never been the same since :)

Social source share

No. Never.

Try & think of something original.

Retro isn't what it was.

poor mischief......shot down in flames again

he reminds me of a world war one pilot

always gettin shot down

has soulsmith a personal vendetta going against the likeable mr mischief

Social source share

what like you did for prestayn

mischief spent ten days designing at great expense a t shirt and his hopes were crushed

hes never been the same since :)

Who rattled your cage?

We are now using Mischiefs design for Rimini this year.

Sad you're not going cos you could have had one :D

Social source share

how about "45 record box's" (not 45, record box's as it would have to be a big t shirt).. thats what makes our scene special 45's.. maybe go along them lines...

i think the only line id like soulsmith to go along is a rail line with a locomotive on it

Social source share

poor mischief......shot down in flames again

he reminds me of a world war one pilot

always gettin shot down

has soulsmith a personal vendetta going against the likeable mr mischief

As mentioned above, will be using Mischiefs design for Rimini.

But don't want any crappy KTF designs.

Col.

Social source share

Who rattled your cage?

We are now using Mischiefs design for Rimini this year.

Sad you're not going cos you could have had one :)

at a cost of 15 pounds no doubt :D

im not going to rimini as id rather be ignored in my own country

i dont have to go abroad to be blanked :D

Social source share

As mentioned above, will be using Mischiefs design for Rimini.

But don't want any crappy KTF designs.

Col.

can we see this design plz

ill give you a true opinion of my thoughts

Social source share

how about a t shirt with a picture of the red baron flyin about with colins face instead of the red barons

underneath the words

ill shoot your ideas down

or how about

col the souless smith :D

or even along the lines of a famous t shirt from millwall...we are millwall super millwall no one likes us we dont care

i am colin boring colin no one likes me i dont care

Jesus was a Detroit Soul Collector?

God made me soulful?

The Devil Digs Deep Soul ?

Sold My Soul To The Devil..and Was Left With A Pile Of Disco ?

Or maybe northern soul titles - With your fave track on?

Erm... I'll get me coat :)

Rich

thanks but no thanks

Social source share

Jesus was a Detroit Soul Collector?

God made me soulful?

The Devil Digs Deep Soul ?

Sold My Soul To The Devil..and Was Left With A Pile Of Disco ?

Or maybe northern soul titles - With your fave track on?

Erm... I'll get me coat :)

Rich

No call for blasphemy

Social source share

Record labels - bit dull

SSDCT - very dull

Lets be having it....

How about this

post-3218-1145568524.jpg

Or this

post-3218-1145568611.jpg

Social source share

Star Jumpers?

...I'll get me sewing machine :)

Godz

Godz, good to have you back mate :D

Record labels - bit dull

SSDCT - very dull

:D:D:)

Brilliant

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Record labels - bit dull

SSDCT - very dull

How about a picture of an Owl :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!