Sales List Cds

Guest lolmil

Guest lolmil

Have been wondering what people would like to hear on a sale's CD?

The reason being that because of the modern world of digital recording from deck to computer and the clarity of the recording i.e. no tape hiss and what you hear is what you get, would you want to hear a clip of a £1000 record that you know just to check on the quality or would you prefer to hear a clip of a £100 record that you have never heard and trust the judgement of the record seller on the grading of the £1000 one that would just be listed?

Hope this makes sense.

Loll

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I think it depends on the visual to aural grading of the 1000 record - sometimes you can get VG- looking records that play EX and if that was the case, including a clip of the record on a CD or MP3 can get across the fact that it genuinely sounds better than it might look (or might seem from the written visual description).

On the other hand, I can't see any benefit from including an EX condition 1000 record that plays EX on your CD unless it's super hard and you want people to request your CD on the strength of it, so that they might buy something else, if not the 1000 record. (i.e. it is something not on soulclub or manship and people might not already have a good MP3 of it - not likely with all the mp3 swapping going on these days though if it's a relatively well known tune).

otherwise IMO most sales CDs are about letting people hear stuff they might otherwise not know.

Hope that's helpful!

Martin

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!