Lisa Stansfield

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Anyone know what the tracks are usually played as Modern soul at Northern soul nights by Lisa Stansfield have heard one or two but no idea what they are.

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dodger

A woman who's music is always frowned upon by the soul music diehards. Shame really, I've always liked her and her music a lot.

Social source share

A woman who's music is always frowned upon by the soul music diehards.

Quit right too. Call me a purist but I did think this was a website about soul music.

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Anyone know what the tracks are usually played as Modern soul at Northern soul nights by Lisa Stansfield have heard one or two but no idea what they are.

Not sure if it ever has been played on Northern/Modern scene, but she was originally a member of a group called Blue Zone. They released one single: Thinking About His Baby a rather tame late '80s pop effort; however, the flip - Big Thing - was a nice soul tune and launched her career in that direction. Pretty sure I've seen copies of this changing hands for largish sums on Ebay (worth checking out though).

Social source share

Some of her stuff is quite good (Change) but 8-3-1 is rubbish imo lol. I really can't understand the popularity of this song particularly as there was so much other excellent stuff released around that time. 2001 will be noted as a golden year in the future!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!