Fave British Northern Tunes

grant

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Anglos certainly are US, "Incense" was issued there first on both Orbit and Constellation. It actually nearly came out here five times, in this order

Fontana (released cancelled, never manufactured)

Brit

Fontana (again - it actually did come out this time!)

Sue (release cancelled - Island decided to release Owen Gray's version, sung over the same backing track)

Island

Not a bad tally for a record that neve made any charts!

BTW as I recently discovered - and pointed out, in my additions to the notes for "The UK Sue Story Vol. 4" - "!ncense" is a complete, and I DO mean complete, rip off from Jackie Wilson's "Baby Workout" album track "Now That I Want Her"!!!!!!!!

TONE :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 105
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Another I've just thought off but never heard all the way thru' - a track by Friday Brown - title escapes me but something like '32nd Love Affair' ? - on Decca?

Anyone got a full mp3 of this - believ the 45 is quite rare.

Grant

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Anglos certainly are US, "Incense" was issued there first on both Orbit and Constellation. It actually nearly came out here five times, in this order

Fontana (released cancelled, never manufactured)

Brit

Fontana (again - it actually did come out this time!)

Sue (release cancelled - Island decided to release Owen Gray's version, sung over the same backing track)

Island

Not a bad tally for a record that neve made any charts!

BTW as I recently discovered - and pointed out, in my additions to the notes for "The UK Sue Story Vol. 4" - "!ncense" is a complete, and I DO mean complete, rip off from Jackie Wilson's "Baby Workout" album track "Now That I Want Her"!!!!!!!!

TONE :thumbsup:

...In one of those incredible acts of unprompted coincidence, I had an e-mail from Swamp Dogg this afternoon telling me that The Anglos were from Norfolfk, Virginia and that they used to open a lot of gigs back in the 60s for their fellow Norfolk-ians, the Showmen. Amazing, as I've never had any conversations with him about the Anglos before!

TONE (AGAIN)! :lol:

Social source share

Not same as Blue Sharks,now i have listened to the others,but is on Plexium and recorded in south london,so British :thumbsup: but is it crap? whistling.gif

Well its took a few hits,and nobodys said its crap so cleaned it up,and made a bigger file,so should be better :thumbsup: ,bored Ken.

Edited by ken
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Well its took a few hits,and nobodys said its crap so cleaned it up,and made a bigger file,so should be better ranting_1.gif ,bored Ken.

...Can I be the first to say that it IS crap, then?

TONE ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Guest Soul Sid

Dee Dee Warwick-Worth Every Tear I Cry- Mercury

Cajun Heart-Gotta Find A way- Warner Brothers

Bobby Coleman- Pleasure Girl-Pye

Chers Soul Sid :yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!