Request For Recommendations

hi there,

first let me introduce myself. i'm a collector of rare jamaican 45s of the 60's, i.e. ska, ja r&b and most notably rocksteady. i was always listening to soul music but more on a kind of superficial basis. however, the last couple of weeks, i started to dig deeper into the variety of this great art form.

this leads me directly to this post. as i want to get started with collecting soul, i would like to know which singers/groups are worth testing. i'm interested in northern soul style like e.g. orlons - don't you want my lovin or baby huey - hard times, as well as the southern style (or deep soul) like e.g. o.v.wright - motherless child...

any recommendations where to start my new discovered passion?

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi there,

first let me introduce myself. i'm a collector of rare jamaican 45s of the 60's, i.e. ska, ja r&b and most notably rocksteady. i was always listening to soul music but more on a kind of superficial basis. however, the last couple of weeks, i started to dig deeper into the variety of this great art form.

this leads me directly to this post. as i want to get started with collecting soul, i would like to know which singers/groups are worth testing. i'm interested in northern soul style like e.g. orlons - don't you want my lovin or baby huey - hard times, as well as the southern style (or deep soul) like e.g. o.v.wright - motherless child...

You've either come to the right, or wrong place, depending on whether you are looking from your bank managers perspective, or not :lol: Welcome along - sure there are many on here that can help you along.

Cheers Girth

Social source share

You've either come to the right, or wrong place, depending on whether you are looking from your bank managers perspective, or not :lol: Welcome along - sure there are many on here that can help you along.

Cheers Girth

LOL!!! i guess you're right. ja music is already quite expensive (often even for vg- tunes or so) but what i saw on ebay when it comes to rare soul grooves... oh my gush!! i hope i am aware of waht i am doing here... :lol:

Social source share

hi there,

talk to pete smith :lol:
Social source share

Welcome to the site, if you want recommendations then you've come to the right place.

Try the following website to play tracks to give you an idea as to where you want to start.

>>Soul Club<<

thanx, a superb source. i think i will linger there a while... :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert