Lp's You May Overlook

Guest stax'a'soul

Guest stax'a'soul

WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD ANY TIP'S FOR LP'S THAT YOU MAY OVERLOOK,THAT ARE CHEAP AND EASY TO FIND...BUT ARE WORTH PICKING UP.JUST BEEN PLAYING A JIMMY RUFFIN LP ON SOUNDS SUPERB WITH 'BORN TO BE BAD' AND 'I WILL NEVER LET YOU GET AWAY' ON IT,WELL WORTH THE 50p I PAYED FOR IT.ALSO READ SOMETHING ABOUT THE CARL DOUGLAS KUNG FU FIGHTER LP,WHICH I THINK I WOULD OF PASSED ON BEFORE...BUT PICKED ONE UP IN A CHARITY SHOP..3 OR 4 NICE TRACKS.ANY OTHERS WORTH KEEPING AN EYE OUT FOR?

TA,STEVE :lol:

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Glady's Knight-Pipe Dreams-Buddah, seen it a couple of times for 99p in charity shops and thats what i paid. Also seen it go for £30. Apparently quite hard to find.

Get me one................. for 99p :lol::lol:

It depends on your taste but the Frank McComb " the truth" ( expansion) lp is a stomer, Also ive recommended this before " village soul" comp put together by Terry Jones ( expansion) is a must.

Organic soul......... vols 1 2 & 3 are really good ( soulbrother records).

Social source share

Get me one................. for 99p :lol::lol:

It depends on your taste but the Frank McComb " the truth" ( expansion) lp is a stomer, Also ive recommended this before " village soul" comp put together by Terry Jones ( expansion) is a must.

Will do mate, keep my eye open, seen it recently but cant remember where :lol:

Social source share

Get me one................. for 99p :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was given the Village Soul CD couple of weeks ago - been playing non-stop. One of the best compilations I've ever heard - highly recommended.

Alan

Social source share

Guest taylormadesoul

the 3 following albums are worth pickin up, cant imagine any of them being expensive

MARVIN GAYE - HOW SWEET IT IS ( TO BE LOVED BY YOU ) UK SOUNDS SUPERB LABEL

contains 2 crackin tracks ;

tear it on down & every now and then

EDDIE HOLMAN - A NIGHT TO REMEMBER UK SALSOUL LABEL

track ; ( where have you been ) all my life

excellent 70s

NEW YORK CITY - IM DOIN FINE NOW US CHELSEA LABEL

contains cover of ; by the time i get to phoenix

if you can get through the opening 25-30 seconds ,it kicks in big time ,

up-tempo , happy tune ,

if anyone could post soundfile id be most grateful

Social source share

Guest Dodger

As with the Carl Douglas Kung Fu Fighter album, bargain bin albums by Jimmy James & The Vagabonds are usually worth picking up for the odd gem on them.

Social source share

Get me one................. for 99p whistling.gif:thumbsup:

Did the Village Soul compilation come out on vinyl?? Would like a copy if it did, any offers/info?

Alan

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!