The Plinston Return Is Near

As things get pushed off the front very quickly, heres a subtle reminder -

NORTHERN SOUL @ THE PLINSTON! RETURNS ON FRIDAY MAY 5TH - 8PM-2AM

Full details on the EVENTS page on this very site so check it out. :ohmy: DJ's this month are Taffyu, Steve Gaunori, Me and Sean Chapman and Pete Burton.

Also I am launching another smaller venue just 5 mins drive from the Plinston spining all thats great in 70's to Y2K (within reason!!!!!) Soul. watch this space for full details but DJ's will include Taffy & Steve G, Terry Jones, Soul Sam, Mick Farrerr, Arthur Fenn to name but a few who will grace the decks as soon as we get it sorted.

• Replies 69
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

:ohmy: Hi Big O are you sure 'bout this,I hope you have found a list of other events that was produced by RB MAN that contained ALL the other local events etc,so it don't clash etc . I would not want to see it fall flat on its face again.

This is not a dig at you just a gentle nudge in the ribs to make you aware that the other people all agreed and confirmed the dates as not to clash.

I will be going to Plinston as for sure its still a great venue with nice tunes played.

see you all at Plinston :unsure:

Thanks for the comments and see you on the night. Toby, has far as I know no dates clash as we have all emailed each other the dates ages back. The new ones I have to look into to be sure they don't clash. Around these parts, as you know, we have good communication.

Guest Andy Kempster

Thanks for the comments and see you on the night. Toby, has far as I know no dates clash as we have all emailed each other the dates ages back. The new ones I have to look into to be sure they don't clash. Around these parts, as you know, we have good communication.

if i come on friday do i have to dress like a new yoik studio bwoy...???

:thumbsup::yes::thumbsup::thumbsup::yes:

:angry: Be afraid! Be Very VERY afraid if you are DJing at the Plinston for the legendary Trading cards are no more! They have been replaced with a more interactive form of humiliation that will adorn the walls of the hallowed hall!!! Like Saul on the road to Damacus i have had a revelation and, after hours of hunting, have found the new media I sought. They are very limited and I expect a huge rush to grab them from everyone at the venue on the night so be sure to check then out as you ente and prepare for the scramble after 12am to own them. I haven't been this excited since Jane and I started the rubber business :) Preview scans will be posted after the night for those that want to see for themselves - Chapman, be afraid Welsh Boy. The Only one in the entire world now!!!!!! You'll understand soon enough.

I haven't been this excited since Jane and I started the rubber business be afraid Welsh Boy. The Only one in the entire world now!!!!!! You'll understand soon enough.

:) Yes the Rubber Thing.... :) Didn't I see you in a Sleevless Rubber Tee-Shirt with matching Shorts @ Drummonds all the years ago, Shame I didn't take a photo eh !!!!!

Jon Buck

Your not wrong Jon!!! Mind you, are you sure it was Drummonds and not The BackDoor Room at Heavens??? Certain I saw you therea few times, or was iy Kinky Gerlinkis???? lol. Thankfully the world has been spared my latex clad frame (as far as I know anyway!) Ah those were the days :-)

Your not wrong Jon!!! Mind you, are you sure it was Drummonds and not The BackDoor Room at Heavens??? Certain I saw you therea few times, or was iy Kinky Gerlinkis???? lol. Thankfully the world has been spared my latex clad frame (as far as I know anyway!) Ah those were the days :-)

You worked out the DJ times yet Mr O? :thumbsup:

I've not been to the Plinston yet, always seemed to coincide with or be close to other nights out.

What exactly is the music policy? Oldies, "newies" or a mix? Would just like to have an idea what to expect?

:thumbsup: Glad to hear your coming. We are in the Main Hall only (HUGE and holds 400) and it will be an across the board music policy featuring the usual mix we've spun for the past 4 years. So, in short, thats R&B, Northern, Crossover and Modern. The DJ line-up should give you an idea of what to expect but in brief this may help:

TheBigO: Across the board - R&B/Northern/7Ts

Taffy: Modern & Crossover

Steve G: Quality Soul No matter what era

Pete Burton: Northern mainly, top DJ/collector

Sean Chapman: Northern with a dash of G.A.Y anthems (ah, bless him)

Hope this helps. Feel free to email anything you want to know to me at nh6tsmafia@aol.com

See you on the night

whistling.gif Glad to hear your coming. We are in the Main Hall only (HUGE and holds 400) and it will be an across the board music policy featuring the usual mix we've spun for the past 4 years. So, in short, thats R&B, Northern, Crossover and Modern. The DJ line-up should give you an idea of what to expect but in brief this may help:

TheBigO: Across the board - R&B/Northern/7Ts

Taffy: Modern & Crossover

Steve G: Quality Soul No matter what era

Pete Burton: Northern mainly, top DJ/collector

Sean Chapman: Northern with a dash of G.A.Y anthems (ah, bless him)

Hope this helps. Feel free to email anything you want to know to me at nh6tsmafia@aol.com

See you on the night

Big O - I WILL be playing some northern.

DJ times will be sorted in next few hours Steve and despite pleading from others you will be given a decent time! lol

:shades::lol::lol:

Steve I have no doubt you will fill the floor, and not just with laughter with your air guitar solos!!!! Mind you prepare yourself for our latest freebie giveaways, it involves all the DJ's and will be given away on the night and adorn the walls. Be very afraid!!!!

Steve I have no doubt you will fill the floor, and not just with laughter with your air guitar solos!!!! Mind you prepare yourself for our latest freebie giveaways, it involves all the DJ's and will be given away on the night and adorn the walls. Be very afraid!!!!

I can only do a real "air guitar" solo to King Moses "I got the feeling" - which I still don't have. :angry: so it's doubtful that the guitar will come out to play on Friday week.

Anyway looking forward to it, and the freebie giveaways (drinks?) - you don't scare me off that easily shades.gif

Steve, I don't scare you off???? Have you not seen me naked!!!!!!!! LOL You should know it won't be drinks but lets just say it's a real Blue Peter/Dandy/Twinkle moment. Have been to the hall today and all's looking good for the night, record dealers if your coming let me know so we can get tables in the bar area sorted. Bar will be open until 1am and water jugs provided for the last hour. There's a battle going on with the neighbours so PLEASE remember to leave quietly after the event and help us to avoid giving them ammunition to attack us with with the powers that be. Ta very much.

* AT LAST! Picked up a copy of the Dysons Faces LP (thanks to Brian Groucher for bringing it to my attention years ago!) so will be spinning that on the night. Hooray for me.

Guest Dr Pickles

Reg, Yogi and I will be there Mr O.

Have a prior engagment but hoping to get along for the last knockings.

Save us a space at the front. whistling.gif

Cheers

Doc

Further info: Both Chapman and the lovely cuddly love bunny that is Mr Keith Hammond will have their stalls set up selling their wares as per usual, as well as the boxes of rare 45s people bring that are always being passed around in the bar area. DJ line up times by weeekend.

UPDATE: Ok boys and girls, the DJ running order should be:

TheBigO

Taffy

Steve G

Pete Burton

Sean Chapman

Edited by TheBigO

Have you checked the new water feature that we have had installed in the Plinston - long term weather forecast is for rain so bring an umbrella ranting_1.gif:wicked:

But Mr G, we worked hard for that 'authentic Old Skool' atmosphere so beloved and craved for by the newbies :lol:

Forgot to mention anywhere that you can now purchase your tickets online via the Plinston web site, address (not at hand right now but just do a google search and I am sure it will pop up.) Also PLEASE when you write down your address and email details can you do so in block caps as its a nightmare trying to work out some of the scribbles!!! Oh and try not to be funny and put Mickey Mouse, Saddam Hussein etc etc

Knew the Rugby firm would be there!!!! Looking forward to seing you all again my children (lol) For those that have asked we do have a new fun thing to collect on the Dj's, you will see on the night, very limited and, I think, very funny (but guessing they will be out to get me!!!!) All will be revealed soon but they ARE limited so keep your eyes peeled.

Running times will be:

8-9 TheBigO

9-10.15 Taffy

10.15-11.30 Steve G

11.30-12.45 Pete Burton

12.45-2am Sean Chapman

Beginning to recover now from the big party on Sunday and I am really looking forward to Friday.

Should be another good night at the Plinston...........Oh and whatever The Big O has conjured up for the posters..........It's not true !!!!

:thumbsup:

post-90-1146571593.jpg

First off Pete HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Sorry Jane and I couldn't make it in the end but you and Winnie etc know all our best wishes were with you all, heard it was a great day.

Secondly you and the other DJ's should be very very afraid!!! I have the latest 'tool' at the printers as I type and will, for those that cannot attend, be posting the jpegs on Friday. As a taste here is one to give you an idea of what's coming above - I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo bad!!!!! lol :thumbsup:

post-90-1146571593.jpg

First off Pete HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Sorry Jane and I couldn't make it in the end but you and Winnie etc know all our best wishes were with you all, heard it was a great day.

Secondly you and the other DJ's should be very very afraid!!! I have the latest 'tool' at the printers as I type and will, for those that cannot attend, be posting the jpegs on Friday. As a taste here is one to give you an idea of what's coming above - I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo bad!!!!! lol :wicked:

Of course if it's tooooooooo bad the DJs might just pull a sting on you - nothing too horrendous, and it might not be instantaneous.....something like inviting you to DJ at a venue that doesn't exist or peppering you with requests to play "Hawaii 5-0" or something :yes::thumbsup:

Cya Friday....

Hmmmm that's what i am scared of Steve!!! But fear not, I would never spin 'Hawaii-5-O' otherwise you'd be one 45 down on the night for this Friday from your playbox, lol. Looking forward to seeing you mate.

Hmmm ok Muriel Day then? :thumbsup:

excellant no rush to get there as long as i'm there by 9.10..

and an early night leave by 12.45..

:thumbsup:

With comments like these you can feck off by 7.55pm you folical challenged scooter riding 'special friend' of Chapman, Elton et all :angry: Will see you Friday mate, you will LOVE the latest DJ collectors edition.

Boots babe, if you anit started getting your slap on now you anit NEVER gonna be ready AND you'll scare off the punters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is no-one going to pass comment on Sean 'The Only One' poster???? Surely art lovers are out there, lol

Edited by TheBigO

Knew the Rugby firm would be there!!!! Looking forward to seing you all again my children (lol) For those that have asked we do have a new fun thing to collect on the Dj's, you will see on the night, very limited and, I think, very funny (but guessing they will be out to get me!!!!) All will be revealed soon but they ARE limited so keep your eyes peeled.

:thumbsup: we shall be the tee-total quiet people sipping lemonade in the corner. NOT

Haven't been to Plinston in ages so looking forward to this one. See you all there. :wicked:

:thumbsup: we shall be the tee-total quiet people sipping lemonade in the corner. NOT

Haven't been to Plinston in ages so looking forward to this one. See you all there. :wicked:

I can think of many words to describe the Rugby Crew and tee-total would not be one of them - under the table, loud, brash, flirty (and that's just the women!) - would be ones I would use. See you all Friday, shaping up to be a good night and the usual turn-out of 300+ is expected.

Edited by TheBigO

I can think of many words to describe the Rugby Crew and tee-total would not be one of them - under the table, loud, brash, flirty (and that's just the women!) - would be ones I would use. See you all Friday, shaping up to be a good night and the usual turn-out of 300+ is expected.

:thumbsup: I resemble that remark!

Source Advert