• Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

• 3 years later...
Guest WakefieldArchive

Resurrecting an old post here... My Grandfather (who just recently passed at the grand age of 95), worked at a candy & tobacco store back in the 1950s-70s, on the east coast here, and Topps was one of their vendors. While going through a bunch of records and other "stuff" a few years ago, I stumbled across this set of 16 Motown Topps Paper Records, all in the original sleeves. I asked him about it and he said that every week another one was available, he would bring the new one home to my mother who was/is a fan of these artists. Great visual/audible piece of history.... these actually sound really good using a larger light tracking spherical stylus. Just thought I'd share this for any Motown fans on the forum :) 

MotownPaper54s1.jpg.3a2fbbdb4683e4af0a2f412ad10234f5.jpg

MotownPaper54s2.jpg.5218d6a1d7de52ec4f75995dd722cb68.jpg

Edited by Source
fixed images
Social source share

On 14 October 2016 at 13:25, WakefieldArchive said:

Resurrecting an old post here... My Grandfather (who just recently passed at the grand age of 95), worked at a candy & tobacco store back in the 1950s-70s, on the east coast here, and Topps was one of their vendors. While going through a bunch of records and other "stuff" a few years ago, I stumbled across this set of 16 Motown Topps Paper Records, all in the original sleeves. I asked him about it and he said that every week another one was available, he would bring the new one home to my mother who was/is a fan of these artists. Great visual/audible piece of history.... these actually sound really good using a larger light tracking spherical stylus. Just thought I'd share this for any Motown fans on the forum :) 

MotownPaper54s1.jpg

MotownPaper54s2.jpg

Great photos, dd Your Grandfather save the box they came in?

Dave

Social source share

Guest WakefieldArchive
16 hours ago, Dave Moore said:

Great photos, dd Your Grandfather save the box they came in?

Dave

Unfortunately no original box.... these were found in the back of a record case that had a bunch of other Motown & Tamla records. They were in fantastic condition, and included one of my now favorite Tammi Terrell 45s.. "Come On And See Me". 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!