• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

One of my all time favourite artists!

Mine too - shame that she's never learned to project herself as well on stage as she does on record, though. That's probably why she's never got beyond being a connoisseur's choice rather than achieving superstardom...

TONE whistling.gif

Social source share

Funnily enough Annn Peebles is one of the live performers who's touched me the most. Her rendition of Billy Always' Didn't We Do It on the Waylo review in the late 80s still remains one of the most moving and thrilling vocal performances I've ever witnessed (perhaps because of the vulnerability you hint at Tony), and is a real contender for my greatest ever musical experience. She is a legend in our house.

Social source share

one of the most moving and thrilling vocal performances I've ever witnessed and is a real contender for my greatest ever musical experience.

Couldn't agree more. I've seen her perform on stage a couple of times (and I even got backstage with her on the first occasion) but I swear that when she stood on the edge of the stage and sang "Just enough...just enough to keep me hanging on" she was staring straight into my eyes... and singing only to me.

Incredible stage presence.

Thoroughly recommend her HI material, particularly

"Give Me Some Credit"

"You Keep Me Hanging On"

"I Still Love You"

"I'm Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down"

"If This Is Heaven"

"If I Can't See You"

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

Guest lifeandsoul

i got this album yesterday and it is very much based around live performance - vocally the album is strong

Give me some credit mentioned above is one of my fave's too

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Couldn't agree more. I've seen her perform on stage a couple of times (and I even got backstage with her on the first occasion) but I swear that when she stood on the edge of the stage and sang "Just enough...just enough to keep me hanging on" she was staring straight into my eyes... and singing only to me.

Incredible stage presence.

Thoroughly recommend her HI material, particularly

"Give Me Some Credit"

"You Keep Me Hanging On"

"I Still Love You"

"I'm Gonna Tear Your Playhouse Down"

"If This Is Heaven"

"If I Can't See You"

Sean Hampsey

There must be two different Ann Peebleses, then, as the one I've seen around 5-6 times over the past 20 years has always had about as much stage presence as a rock!

Like I say, though, magnificent singer and Sean has picked many of her best tunes here - notably omitting the incredible "I've Been There Before", though...

TONE :yes:

Social source share

the one I've seen around 5-6 times over the past 20 years has always had about as much stage presence as a rock!

Like I say, though, magnificent singer and Sean has picked many of her best tunes here - notably omitting the incredible "I've Been There Before", though...

TONE

Hi Tone,

Next time, try and get backstage first.

Worked like magic for me! ...I tell you, she couldn't take her eyes off me and I was spellbound, the foxy thing!

You're right on "I've Been There Before" mate. Bad ommision on my part.

:yes:

Sean

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Hi Tone,

Next time, try and get backstage first.

Worked like magic for me! ...I tell you, she couldn't take her eyes off me and I was spellbound, the foxy thing!

You're right on "I've Been There Before" mate. Bad ommision on my part.

:yes:

Sean

First time I tried to talk to Ann, in the mid 70s, Don Bryant came and stood in between us and grimaced menacingly at me. Told him I loved "I'll Go Crazy" and made a beeline for the back of the room before he twatted me!

TONE :yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!