Record Adapters

Guest Trevski

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I got some nice conical coloured palstic ones from the soul jazz shop in London. Miles better than those ones that come with the techics decks.

Social source share

i can't believe the price of these , being a cnc turner i make my own and have made sets for various people out of various materials , ranging from brass with surgical stainless inserts to plastic ones to solid aluminium which i now use and gotta say i prefer ....my boss is away footballing next week i might make some and put them up too lolol competition and all that

Davie

Social source share

i can't believe the price of these , being a cnc turner i make my own and have made sets for various people out of various materials , ranging from brass with surgical stainless inserts to plastic ones to solid aluminium which i now use and gotta say i prefer ....my boss is away footballing next week i might make some and put them up too lolol competition and all that

Davie

link

Does this mean that Soul Source members can get a good discount on them Davie.

Haydn

Social source share

hadyn ,

i have no idea what i would charge on these ...i put one up last year sometime it was a brass one with stainless insert and it went for £5 or summin like that .... i don't wanna step on this guys toes if he is a soul source member though

davie

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm the 'Fisted' guy *heh heh* Nice to know that there are some people here who have found these babies useful, that's why I made them.

I may alter the look of them a little- have them vapour blasted to remove all machine marks and have them looking a cool dull finish rather than polished up. What do you think?

Davie, I charge what I beleive to be a fair price based on overheads, the rising cost of steel (which went up nearly 30% over the last 2 months) and the time it takes for me to hand-finish each one.

I think it's cool that you make some too, there seem to be few retailers who do have them for sale and the Technics ones are a joke, especially at around £12 each :lol:

C'later!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!