Just Arrived In The Post (Or Just Bought)

Jim G

Guest Polyvelts

He didn't make that many records but they're all good ! Now Pastor Landry lets it rip in church, there's lots of great live clips from his church on you tube !

Edited by Polyvelts
Social source share

just popped through the letter box
TRACK LISTING
no 1 Marvin Gaye this love starved heart of mine / The Spinners what more could a boy ask for
no 2 Frank Wilson do I love you / Originals suspicion
no 3 Supremes stormy / Steve Wonder just enough to ease the pain
no 4 Four Tops clip my wings / Tammi Terrell all I do is think about you
no 5 Barbara Mcnair it happens every time /  David Ruffin I cant be hurt anymore
no 6 Temptations forever in my heart  /  kim Weston you hit me where it hurt me
no 7 Chris Clark somethings wrong  /  Isley Brothers my love is your love #

Edited by mickjay33
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Latest buys

john Andrews ijl brit parlaphone demo

tony middleton tteote brit polydor demo

lynn randell sima brit

john bowie ygmagt merben

Barbara mcnair yglmb motown demo

jack Montgomery db sceptre

valadliers ifag gordy demo

the ambassadors tmoagt pee vee

billy bland mhof old town

maryann farra /satin soul soomm brit brunswick

peggy gaines wtbtyl kent 19th

Edited by Soultown andy
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Its an expensive hobby as you know nige lol,all in very nice condition the tony middletons mint and so hard on british.And nearly forgot marie knight musicor issue

Andy I got one from a boot sale in Hastings once, I'd missed it but this guy rang me up at the dinner time and said I think I've got something for you, a mint Tony Middleton Polydor demo, he said it was an old lady who had it, she only had ONE record, and it was leaning against the tyre of her car and nobody had bothered looking at it except him, paid her 10p for it, I gave him £150 for it, sold it for £250 about 3 days later, that was back in about 2000.  Not had one since (a demo that is)

Social source share

Andy I got one from a boot sale in Hastings once, I'd missed it but this guy rang me up at the dinner time and said I think I've got something for you, a mint Tony Middleton Polydor demo, he said it was an old lady who had it, she only had ONE record, and it was leaning against the tyre of her car and nobody had bothered looking at it except him, paid her 10p for it, I gave him £150 for it, sold it for £250 about 3 days later, that was back in about 2000.  Not had one since (a demo that is)

Been looking for it for a while its a fairly hard one as british collectors hardly ever play their tunes let alone sell em lol.That was a great find in hastings few and far between these days pete.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Been looking for it for a while its a fairly hard one as british collectors hardly ever play their tunes let alone sell em lol.That was a great find in hastings few and far between these days pete.

Oh it was brilliant down there mate, I got 2 Frankie & Johnny's (one issue one demo), a Ray Charles Doctor demo, Birds Birds on Reaction, Tintern Abbey on Deram, Billy Joe Royal on CBS, loads of Motown and Stateside, The Artwoods LP on Decca, absolutely nothing since I moved back home.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

The Motown 7's Box Set just dropped through the letterbox, set number 896.

The wife is buying it for me as a Christmas present, so I can't break the seal yet :(

A question to those of you that have opened it - In terms of thickness, flexibility and warp factor etc, what is the quality of the vinyl like?

Cheers

Social source share

A couple of LPs and the results of me blowing my record buying fund at the weekend:

Carla Thomas - Memphis Queen

I had one with a good cover and sh*t record (thanks CM) and this one has a good record and sh*t cover, so one for me and one for ebay :D

The Soul Stirrers - The Judgement

Bought for Don't You Worry - never gonna get the single!

Hytones - Bigger and Better

Delegates of Soul - I'll Come Running Back

Cynthia and The Imaginary Three - That's What I Am

:D :D

Edited by paultp
Social source share

Guest nsoulxx

Just arrived original Sam Dees LP The Show Must go on, mainly for 'What's it Gonna Be' Beautiful tune that I can't get enough of.

Also: Just arrived: Making My Daydreams Real- We The People on Lion. Tune!

Edited by nsoulxx
Social source share

Just arrived original Sam Dees LP The Show Must go on, mainly for 'What's it Gonna Be' Beautiful tune that I can't get enough of.

Also: Just arrived: Making My Daydreams Real- We The People on Lion. Tune!

Hi mate

Sam Dees is one of the finest soul albums ever recorded - every track oozes brilliance.

We The People is a great track too.

Better than all that mod shit I know you like!  :wicked:

Peter

:D

Social source share

Guest nsoulxx

Hi mate

Sam Dees is one of the finest soul albums ever recorded - every track oozes brilliance.

We The People is a great track too.

Better than all that mod shit I know you like!  :wicked:

Peter

:D

Haha! Thanks Peter!! See I do have taste despite being a mod!! and you got me liking The Satin track too so there is a sensitive side to me. Hope you're well.

Julie

:thumbsup:

Edited by nsoulxx
Social source share

The Motown 7's Box Set just dropped through the letterbox, set number 896.

The wife is buying it for me as a Christmas present, so I can't break the seal yet :(

A question to those of you that have opened it - In terms of thickness, flexibility and warp factor etc, what is the quality of the vinyl like?

Cheers

My box has also arrived (via Amazon).

I put in a pre-order some time ago and my box is #1162 of 2000.

As lots of other retail outlets have pre-ordered this box set, I would bet that 75%+ of them have already left the Universal-Island warehouse.

My guess is every one will have gone by Xmas, so don't delay if you want a box for yourself.

Vinyl & labels look fine, though nowt like an old UK black label Tamla Motown 45. The sleeves are old style too but with added logos down each side (so making them different to old 'orange & white' uns). 

Edited by Roburt
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Vinyl & labels look fine, though nowt like an old UK black label Tamla Motown 45.

That sounds OK then, it would have been too much to expect them to be like an old Tamla Motown 45 I guess.

My main concern was that they would be no better than some recent 45 releases. The Frankie and Johnny 45 that came out a few years back springs to mind, maybe I was just unlucky, but my copy of that record was very flimsy and badly warped.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Got a fair few on the Carnival label, took my time getting this beauty, George Smith in great form, as he always was, one of my favourite singers, great loss when he died in 1970

Manhattans-I'm the one love forgot-Carnival

Such a great group Kev. The Pretender's cut is nice but Manhattans for me is far and above the better.

Social source share

Had these come over the last month or two.

ELLEN AND THE SHANDELLS GYPSY  LA SALLE ( TO GO WITH THE DRYWELL ONE)

JACKIE WILLSON- BECAUSE OF YOU- BRUNSWICK (UP GRADE)

THE FOUR SONICS-EASIER SAID THAN DONE-SPORT

THE CHARISMA BAND- AIN'T NOTHING LIKE YOUR LOVE-BUDDH

BROTHERS GILMORE-I FEEL A SONG-BANTU

LEE CHARLES-IF THAT AIN'T LOVING YOU-REVUE

SMOKE-OH LOVE-MO-SOUL

LEZLE VALINTINE-I WON'T DO ANYTHING- ALL PLATINUM.

That's it for now.

Edited by russell f
Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Zapp - Do you really want an answer $9.99

Wilmer Alexander & the Dukes - Give me one more chance $10.18

Patterson Twins - Back in love again $3

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Just got this from Mr Clancy, sweet as a nut

Mike Pearson-If we have any problems-Toi

You can rarely go wrong with Mr Fish !!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!