.What case to use and is it possible to take onto hand luggage

cheers

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Independent of the awkwardness to carry and unsafeness, I'm pretty sure it's over most airlines' weight limit for carry ons. You will have to check it as baggage. There are pretty standard flight cases for 1200s (which aren't cheap themselves) that you can buy.

Social source share

Guest wigantojapan

i was thinking that pikey though i have to go to japan anyway to get my records.i also have a good amp and speakers there.

how much is a technics deck in the uk

in japan they are 10 a penny and coming in around the 150 mark if i remember correctly

anyway at the moment anyone who has transported there deck or hi fi system any info wouldd be good

cheers

guys

Social source share

i was thinking that pikey though i have to go to japan anyway to get my records.i also have a good amp and speakers there.

in japan they are 10 a penny and coming in around the 150 mark if i remember correctly

anyway at the moment anyone who has transported there deck or hi fi system any info wouldd be good

cheers

guys

Get ten for a penny and I'll order 1000... and pay your flight to the UK.

Fair deal methinks

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

cheers

guys

good pair 1210s set you back £400 plus in the uk

Social source share

Guest wigantojapan

thansks bobo

no i am going to japan with only the clothes on my back

can carry the records in on hand luggage as i have done before.

the deck,amplifier and speaker all weigh less than 30kg which is the airline allowance

just need to know of good protective cases for them with locks .

shipped about 500kg to japan when i moved there so aware of the practise of shipping ,costs what is involved

for me this is not a lot to transfer cheers

another thing s personal and hiting you with tax at the uk end

any time i have carried records through as hand luggage no questions

when i have shipped them i had to fill in a lot of paperwork and have receipts proving that i had already bought them in the uk and so the vat ,tax had allready been paid

you know the script google starbucks amazon and the rest no questions asked

a couple hundred records full investigation...well not quite ..but you kow where i am going

cheers

a sturdy lockable flight case me thinks is what i need

Social source share

Guest wigantojapan

30kg is a very generous carry on allowance, most are closer to 7kg. if you're carrying the turntable on why do you need a locked case? either way, good luck with your move!

Hi bobo i will carry the records on as hand luggage that will be the size and weight maxed out

,can get away with 10kg-12kg if the size is right and you dont look like you are struggling haha

the 30 kg is in the hold for the deck,speaker and amplifier ,that why i need a sturdy case/s with locks cheers

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!