A Few 45s For You Lukcy Sourcers

A few thing ive been listening too tonight,not me normal crap!!,but better :thumbsup:

Ronn records,1973 for this,whats the story?

Paxley demo

MGM demo

Epic demo posted this before,deserved another another listen!!

Chekcer demo

One-derful! Best ever live act i have seen,absolutly awesome and some.

MGM demo

One-derful!

Blue cat

I supose not for all tasts,but what can you do?

:thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Ken, if I'm feeling brave later, I'll have a listen.

But not to the Adlibs, as I'll know all the words! Was really into gorl group stuff as a child - before I got properly into proper music

Got to start getting ready to take the eldest brat to nursery - Hooray!

Social source share

But not to the Adlibs, as I'll know all the words! Was really into gorl group stuff as a child - before I got properly into proper music

Good-look :thumbsup: ............cry it out babys me tip-top,top-tip :thumbsup:

Social source share

post-2652-1145952932.jpg

Good-look :thumbsup: ............cry it out babys me tip-top,top-tip :thumbsup:

Hi Ken

Nice version of the old Pat Brady spin from the 80's by Deena Lucas "Cry It Out Baby" Hill 666 (see attachment)

Social source share

Hi Kirsty

Ad Libs is a nice double-sider cheapie, oh and they are a boy band too - "New York In The Dark". :thumbsup: (this is for being a miserable bastard at the last Wilton) :thumbsup:

Social source share

Ted & Little Johnny Tayler, Been keeping my out for this for a while Roger Banks had it on his list a couple of months ago @ 15 quid but he sold it before I could get it :thumbsup:

Brill 45 IMO :thumbsup:

Social source share

Otis Clay - I Testify is great IMO and very cheap, had it a couple of years now and never heard anyone else play it...

same goes for the Ad-Libs, but i much prefer the flip, 'Ask Anybody' - but probably not to many people's tastes here...

Edited by bongolia
Social source share

Ted & Little Johnny Tayler, Been keeping my out for this for a while Roger Banks had it on his list a couple of months ago @ 15 quid but he sold it before I could get it :thumbsup:

Brill 45 IMO :thumbsup:

One on the up then :lol:Otis Clay

- I Testify is great IMO and very cheap, had it a couple of years now and never heard anyone play it...

same goes for the Ad-Libs, but i much prefer the flip, 'Ask Anybody' - but probably not to many people's tastes here...I`ll play it next time out,for you :D Snug 14 May..... :P

Edited by ken
Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Well "I'll be true to you" was head and shoulders above the rest for me - so nicely compiled that even the twingy twangy RnB guitar couldn't spoil it. And then 3/4 of the way through some absolute tit with a ba*tard Saxophone has to go and ruin it with a Saxwank.

Would love to hear a bigger production of that without the guitar/sax though - that would be a mighty record.

whistling.gif

Social source share

Well "I'll be true to you" was head and shoulders above the rest for me - so nicely compiled that even the twingy twangy RnB guitar couldn't spoil it. And then 3/4 of the way through some absolute tit with a ba*tard Saxophone has to go and ruin it with a Saxwank.

Would love to hear a bigger production of that without the guitar/sax though - that would be a mighty record.

yeah, i liked this one as well (including the guitar and sax!).

here's a better recording of it: https://www.soulclub.org/stream/Bobby_McClu...True_To_You.ram

(well it sounded much better on my computer than the other)

Social source share

All nice Ken sad.gif My favourite was the Bobby McClure track too. See what you mean about the Ted & Little Johnny Taylor one though, it sort of grows on you, much better on second play.

My least favourite would probably be the Otis Clay tracks, never really liked them, my favourite of this period from him is 'Showplace' , another underated tune !!

So in Eurovision style the scores out of 10 from Wuster are :

T1 - (a growing) 7

T2 - 6

T4 - 6+ (liked that heavy Piano,unusual)

T5 - (a deffinatly the best) 8

T6 - (a thumbs down) 5

T7 - (a nice but nowhere near as good as the O'Jays tune of the same name(dif song i know) ) 6+

T8 - ( a grudging) 5+

T9 - ( an Ad Lib) 7

And that concludes the voting from Wuster, Have a nice night !!

Social source share

Thanks everybody who posted,somebody mentioned my sound file quality,sorry but i make em` as small as i can,or it would take forever downloading em`,so very sorry sad.gif honest!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!