Anyone Have A Spare £400,000? Buy Cleethorpes

Andreas B

Cleethorpes scooter rally was fantastic this year on the saturday night in the Pier,

Hopefully, we will be in it, at next years rally weekend :thumbsup:

From what ive heard we wont be in the Pier. But the main night doo will be near the campsite (which is also a new venue). :wink: This is comming from the clubs who organise it. :thumbsup:

But agree it was a good venue!

Edited by NorthernJordan
Social source share

I'll pass.

A badly run venue for many years. Goldsoul gave them their best turnover in one night and still they can't get it right.

It would take some convincing for us to go back, whoever the new owners are.

I thought you were doing an all dayer there next year march time ? Only a friend of mine in norway has brought tickets to go and I would very much like to know if this is still on and can they get a refund if not?

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Not surprised it didn't sell. Costs of running would be....a lot!

What happens now?

The National Trust could buy it for the nation, 'UK Soul Nation'. The Government could step in, buy it and create a UK Black Music museum. Would be no worse than some of the other mickey mouse national museum, successive governments have sunk millions of tax payers money into.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

The owners couldn't give this place away, that's why its up for auction in a last ditch attempt to recuperate the losses incurred in maintaining the pier.

As for the Soul community putting there hands in thier pockets to buy the place or any government body investing in it for Soul community that's a fooooooking joke.

We are a community bound together by the common bonds of dancing, buying records and listening to soul music, in the company of like minded people and friends..

When it comes to putting your hand in your pocket and investing in the future of the Soul scene,it goes no further than a few working class lads dipping into there hard earned cash to hire a venue mainly at high risk of loss,to give us a good night out which I greatly appreciate.

So don't be surprised if this old venue goes down the road of decay followed by being demolished like many before it.

Atb Irish

Edited by Irish Spinner
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

The owners couldn't give this place away, that's why its up for auction in a last ditch attempt to recuperate the losses incurred in maintaining the pier.

As for the Soul community putting there hands in thier pockets to buy the place or any government body investing in it for Soul community that's a fooooooking joke.

We are a community bound together by the common bonds of dancing, buying records and listening to soul music, in the company of like minded people and friends..

When it comes to putting your hand in your pocket and investing in the future of the Soul scene,it goes no further than a few working class lads dipping into there hard earned cash to hire a venue mainly at high risk of loss,to give us a good night out which I greatly appreciate.

So don't be surprised if this old venue goes down the road of decay followed by being demolished like many before it.

Atb Irish

Why so serious ? ?, clearly my comments about the government were massively tongue in check, as the last line of my post emphasises. Think all the people before have seen the amusing side of this from their posts. The building will continue to decline and then a big storm will come and wash it away.

Edited by Dave Thorley
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Why so serious ? ?, clearly my comments about the government were massively tongue in check, as the last line of my post emphasises. Think all the people before have seen the amusing side of this from their posts. The building will continue to decline and then a big storm will come and wash it away.

Yes I did read it as a tongue in cheek line Dave lol .I know a simple NO to the post header of Anyone Have A Spare £400,000? Buy Cleethorpes!... would have done the job but I couldn't resist going off into one.

Atb Irish

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!