dthedrug's profile photo

Soul Source Record Club. Your Daily Party Pick It's 2013 A Mod Year

Audio Lists dthedrug

Posted

Also like the funky edge of this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T64W3pmK3q0

Like this too Alan. :yes:

A little tip - before you post the actual clip up it's best to do a seperate post first with the artist and title and anything else you might want to add - some people cab't view the clips on certain devices but like to see what's being posted. Paul gets hot under the collar if he's not in the loop! :lol:

Happy posting mate.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

Belated Happy New Year to you all,sorry I'm a bit late but had friends round all yesterday & the boss told me it'd be rude to get my comp out & talk to you lot...........think she must know you lot :lol:

So lets start the first post of the new thread with a 70t's mover that does the biz for me............

O.V Wright-Into Something (Can't Shake Loose) Hi

Nice piece of southern soul Martyn really raw to me but made me stand up n take notice!!!

soul source url
Posted

A little tip - before you post the actual clip up it's best to do a seperate post first with the artist and title and anything else you might want to add - some people cab't view the clips on certain devices but like to see what's being posted. Paul gets hot under the collar if he's not in the loop! :lol:

Happy posting mate.

Peter

Paul never gets hot under the collar Peter not all year yet!!

MOLTON!! Is nearer to the mark lol eh Paul

soul source url
Posted

Bought this on UK 45 as a new release over 40 yrs ago ........ mind you if you want a UK copy you have to search for a 45 by JustinE !!!!

The rarer US 45 copy has a great 'Levi Stubbs / Motown' style dancer on tuvasyde.

soul source url
Posted

Happy posting mate.

Peter

Cheers Pete :thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted (edited)

In the theme of "mod year" wasn't this a mod play mid sixty's Betty Everett - Getting mighty crowded, gets me on the dance floor every time I hear it.

Edited by southpaw

soul source url
Posted (edited)

In the theme of "mod year" wasn't this a mod play mid sixty's Betty Everett - Getting mighty crowded, gets me on the dance floor every time I hear it.

Edited by southpaw

soul source url
Posted

Hi all, new to this thread so please be gentle with me :D stumbled onto this track by accident.

Hi

Welcome,nice easy going thread with a great mix of stuff posted.

The only thing some people ask is that could you post the artist & title as some can't actually see the You Tube footage for whatever reason but still want to know what's posted :thumbsup:

Have fun & enjoy the thread..........we do :thumbup:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

Hi

Welcome,nice easy going thread with a great mix of stuff posted.

The only thing some people ask is that could you post the artist & title as some can't actually see the You Tube footage for whatever reason but still want to know what's posted :thumbsup:

Have fun & enjoy the thread..........we do :thumbup:

Cheers

Martyn

:thumbsup: Cheers mate

soul source url
Posted

Currently chillin' to Maxine Brown - Let Me Give You My Loving (1966 Wand)

Enjoy

soul source url
Posted

Borrowed this to a mate years ago never got it back :(

well if it is a Mod Theme, bring this one back

The Phil Upchurch Combo "You Can't SIt Down" hammond organ heaven!!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwv yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soul source url
Posted

Well if we're going all mod & Hammond, it don't get much better than the late great Billy Preston .....

the guy certainly had a 'Bag' .......

soul source url
Posted

... in fact he had a "Billy's Bag" .........

soul source url
Posted (edited)

More Mod madness ......... mods were cool ....... James Bond was cool (back then) .,..

Rex Garvin knew he'd be cool if he cut a JB related track .........

Edited by Roburt

soul source url
Posted

Lovin' this New Years thread!

soul source url
Posted

Rex & his Mighty Cravers ........ old style soul .......

soul source url
Posted

Yet another mod classic .... an instrumental with words ...... Willie Mitchell ...

soul source url
Posted (edited)

...... on a UK London 45 ........ He was "Driving that Beat" ........

Edited by Roburt

soul source url
Posted

The Fame studio band under Spooner Oldham ..... they used to keep working till ... Two In The Morning ....

soul source url
Posted

This UK cheapie LP is the way I first heard (& owned) this fine instrumental ..........

..... you people come back now ..... I ain't started whistling yet .............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI5Xbxmzfo4

soul source url
Posted

Nice double sider today

The Satisfactions - Turn Back The Tears - Lionel

One light Two Lights - The Satisfactions

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Another mod / Hammond instro from back in the day ......

.... a red Atlantic 45 from Little Mac & his Boss Sounds .....

soul source url
Posted

One to play as the clock hits 12 on New Year's Eve .....

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Don't know if it's on the promo copy featured above, but the B-side of the general (red label) issue is a fantastic vocal version, courteosy of Ann Mason, for whom i can find no information whatsoever (In The Midnight Hour - Little Mac & The Boss Sounds)

Edited by ady of newark

soul source url
Posted

Don't know if it's on the promo copy featured above, but the B-side of the general (red label) issue is a fantastic vocal version, courteosy of Ann Mason, for whom i can find no information whatsoever (In The Midnight Hour - Little Mac & The Boss Sounds)

See thread I just reactivated (by posting a new message) about these tracks -- Its in Refosoul forum section.

soul source url
Posted

Couple from me that I managed to aquire over the Christmas period, appologies if they have been put up before as probably quite popular tracks.

Velvet Hammer - Happy

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Second one,

Dee Dee Sharp - deep dark secret

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

A bit of a favourite at many 'mod' do's, and to my mind, the best version of a classic Motown hit.....

Jnr Walker - Come See About Me - Soul

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Breaking the rules slightly but this arrived lunchtime, ordered from the states a couple of weeks ago for the price of a couple of pints.

Maxine Brown - Picked up packed and put away.

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Second one,

Dee Dee Sharp - deep dark secret

Mark

Been on the wants list for ages,still love it even though it got hammered at one time?Always reminds me of Dave Rimmer for some reason???Great tune :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

If you like R n B today's offering is right up your street,if you like your R n B up-tempo relentless this is gonna blow you away...............

Ray Agee-Real,Real Love Krafton

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Koko Taylor - Something Strange Is Going On

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Another mod / Hammond instro from back in the day ......

.... a red Atlantic 45 from Little Mac & his Boss Sounds .....

Hi Roburt

the vocal flip is a stormer toooooooo :yes:

Kev :hatsoff2:

Edited by soulghost

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Mark

Been on the wants list for ages,still love it even though it got hammered at one time?Always reminds me of Dave Rimmer for some reason???Great tune :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn, I can't remember it being played out that much but as you say it must have been at some point, can't believe it has been looked over for so long if it has'nt. (although i don't get out as often as I would like).Would love to hear it on a big system next to Etta James - Mellow fellow.

Regards.

Edited by markd

soul source url
Posted

If you like R n B today's offering is right up your street,if you like your R n B up-tempo relentless this is gonna blow you away...............

Ray Agee-Real,Real Love Krafton

I'm trying to get into the R n B side of things any more recommendations much appreciated :thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Nice bit of mid tempo soul here James Smith - Rumble In The Bedroom ,dont know if it's a hit or miss for me think it may grow on me,if you listen to the track dos the background music seem speeded up or is it just my bad hearing

Edited by southpaw

soul source url
Posted

Hi Martyn, I can't remember it being played out that much but as you say it must have been at some point, can't believe it has been looked over for so long if it has'nt. (although i don't get out as often as I would like).Would love to hear it on a big system next to Etta James - Mellow fellow.

Regards.

Mark

Good choice of tune to go with it,love Etta.

It's a while back when it was getting plenty of plays,not heard it out for a bit now which is a shame as it's a cracking dancer.

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Nice bit of mid tempo soul here James Smith - Rumble In The Bedroom ,dont know if it's a hit or miss for me think it may grow on me,if you listen to the track dos the background music seem speeded up or is it just my bad hearing

Edited by southpaw

soul source url
Posted

Just mentioned this on another thread.

James Cotton - Cut you loose.

soul source url
Posted (edited)
Edited by KevH

soul source url
Posted

Insrumentals Ey this atmospheric one always does it for me Jnr Walker Cleos mood

http://youtu.be/e2Oyj6a0sec

and JB's Papa part 2 starts at 2.10 mins

soul source url
Posted

A bit different from me today. Had this on the LP for years, and still enjoy giving it a spin now and then.

Bobby "Blue" Bland - I wouldn't treat a dog (the way I treated you)

Dave

soul source url
Guest\