dthedrug's profile photo

Soul Source Record Club. Your Daily Party Pick It's 2013 A Mod Year

Audio Lists dthedrug

Posted

Group double-sided magic from me today.I'll let you decide which is the better of the two sides,it's "Why Do You Want To Hurt The One That Loves You" for me...............

Marvellos - You're Such A Sweet Thing/Why Do You Want To Hurt The One That Loves You Loma

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

Ade

Is it the original version,well you learn summat every day?I like most versions of this with Aretha been top but this is up there with the better ones :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

I've a minty issue of this flip side long long night not to be overlooked either haunting voice 1963 or 64 great 50 year old tune bet ya remember it when you was a kid Martyn Eh!!

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Here is a record that I bouth new around 72, and had never heard "the other version" at that time. Still like it, but never heard played it outside my house!

I did exectly the same thing always loved this version ,Elvis still had the sweet Inspirations backing him though!

Edited by smudger

soul source url
Posted

I've a minty issue of this flip side long long night not to be overlooked either haunting voice 1963 or 64 great 50 year old tune bet ya remember it when you was a kid Martyn Eh!!

Andy

Cheeky young whipper-snapper........fancy picking on O.A.P you should be ashamed of yourself :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

Andy

Cheeky young whipper-snapper........fancy picking on O.A.P you should be ashamed of yourself :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

oh I am believe me moving out of mi forties this year misen still a way off mi bus pass though bet that cold weather payment came in handy Martyn buy owt good???? Lol

soul source url
Posted (edited)

street people / your my one weakness girl

vigor records , picked this out before the earlier post by andy , honest :wink:

Gogger it's got a flip :yes: :yes: 2 brill toooooooons again my friend :thumbup: :thumbup: of the album :thumbsup:

atb Kev :hatsoff2:

BTW i've got the album :wicked:

Edited by soulghost

soul source url
Posted

Rockmelons Loves gonna bring you home 12"

soul source url
Posted (edited)

oh I am believe me moving out of mi forties this year misen still a way off mi bus pass though bet that cold weather payment came in handy Martyn buy owt good???? Lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: ........you enarf gonna get a slap.........with my pension book :wicked:

Edited by hullsoul

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Gogger it's got a flip :yes: :yes: 2 brill toooooooons again my friend :thumbup: :thumbup: of the album :thumbsup:

BTW i've got the album :wicked:

kev , had a sneaky feeling you had :lol: . like the flip but prefer other side :thumbsup: , sounds like a good album. Edited by gogger

soul source url
Posted

Got one of these on the way £30 NM , result :thumbup:

THE TAMS - THIS PRECIOUS MOMENT - SOUNDS SOUTH (RED LABEL) would imagine the Yellow is harder ?

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Rockmelons Loves gonna bring you home 12"

Nice record Smudger.

Peter

:thumbsup:

soul source url
Posted

had a sneaky feeling you had :lol: . like the flip but prefer other side :thumbsup: , sounds like a good album.

its a great album m8 picked it up @ table top sale for 2 quid :wicked:

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Carrying on that Mod theme with a classy instrumental, cheap as chips so probably overlooked, hint of Stax to it so s'all good!

Charlie McClendon & the Magnificents - Thing it is - Colossus

Edited by Jhsoulnotts

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

The Flips not half bad too! :thumbsup:

Charlie McClendon & The Magnificents - We're Gonna Hate Ourselves in the Morning - Colossus

soul source url
Posted

A mod track from me, i picked this up recently for £1.50 mint condition. Dave Berry- Walk walk talk talk- Decca (uk)

soul source url
Posted

:hatsoff2: HI ALL Not had a good start to the year so far (health) Also turned up for a ALL-NIGHTER, arrived at 1.15 am and watched the people slip away, it was just a club night, memories of March 1973 Stoke?

HOWEVER I went to WOLVES RECORD FAIR got 10 UK Blue Stax 45's £10, Plus had a natter with my old mate MICK SMITH, and my record in the record club today is from Mick, the price of it I can't say, as he put it with other records i got, again this is the sort of goody that I miss from the man, a popular record on REVUE RECORDS back in 69

MCA 11038 - MARVIN L SIMS - "GET OF MY BACK" = B side to DANGER, Again another must have 45 to put in your box REVUE COPYS £50 to £100 as it is popular again, Not sure if this has been put up before? well this not on MCA it ain't it's a MCA GERMANY RECORD ME THINKS or West Germany to be correctpost-13241-0-83193300-1357695968_thumb.j MY COPY, DAVE K

soul source url
Posted

Florence Miller - I believe in love"

Dave

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Luther Ingram Love ain't gonna run me away koko 7"

soul source url
Posted

Nice wee 70's tune from me today, think it might be Canadian only release.

Basic Black and Pearl - Maikng of love - WAM Records

gary

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Going back to the mod theme with this one Brenda Holloway - When I'm gone, I never get tierd of hearing this track

soul source url
Posted

Going back to the mod theme with this one Brenda Holloway - When I'm gone, I never get tierd of hearing this track

soul source url
Posted

Heard this on one of the Backbeats cd's pretty good track IMO The Five Stairsteps - I'm the one who loves you

soul source url
Posted

Heard this on one of the Backbeats cd's pretty good track IMO The Five Stairsteps - I'm the one who loves you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl16udzlbDo

soul source url
Posted

:hatsoff2: HI ALL Not had a good start to the year so far (health) Also turned up for a ALL-NIGHTER, arrived at 1.15 am and watched the people slip away, it was just a club night, memories of March 1973 Stoke?

HOWEVER I went to WOLVES RECORD FAIR got 10 UK Blue Stax 45's £10, Plus had a natter with my old mate MICK SMITH, and my record in the record club today is from Mick, the price of it I can't say, as he put it with other records i got, again this is the sort of goody that I miss from the man, a popular record on REVUE RECORDS back in 69

MCA 11038 - MARVIN L SIMS - "GET OF MY BACK" = B side to DANGER, Again another must have 45 to put in your box REVUE COPYS £50 to £100 as it is popular again, Not sure if this has been put up before? well this not on MCA it ain't it's a MCA GERMANY RECORD ME THINKS or West Germany to be correctpost-13241-0-83193300-1357695968_thumb.j MY COPY, DAVE K

Dave

Hope you're feeling better matey :yes:

Great nighter tune,mines on Revue but never seen the MCA copy,very nice :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

Alan

This is half descent version but it'll always be the Impressions for me :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Alan

This is half descent version but it'll always be the Impressions for me :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Martyn think you might be right :thumbsup:

Edited by southpaw

soul source url
Posted

Couldn't find this on on You Tube which I'm surprised at as it's cracking tune imo,not that unknown I don't think.......well it shouldn't be.Don't hear it out often which is a pity?

Dennis Jones - Is There A Reason Plugg

soul source url
Posted

Today's letterbox offering just blows mi socks off

PROPHECY - Rain in my life - ALL PLATINUM

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Today's letterbox offering just blows mi socks off

PROPHECY - Rain in my life - ALL PLATINUM

Andy

Definitely got your dancing mojo since the new year,great tune :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted

Andy

Definitely got your dancing mojo since the new year,great tune :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Yep sure av gunna spin it at Carousel Blackpool Feb think it was a searling tune could be wrong!? but don't tell the wife coz according to her I'm never wrong lol

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Forget about 'I Thought You Were Mine' (only Joking!) but this band have done so many class tunes and this is one of them

NATURAL FOUR - LOVE'S SO WONDERFUL - CURTOM :wink:

Might have put this up before , sorry

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

Edited by SWIFTY

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Yep sure av gunna spin it at Carousel Blackpool Feb think it was a searling tune could be wrong!? but don't tell the wife coz according to her I'm never wrong lol

Andy

I was able to get rid of my set of Encyclopaedia Britannica because as our lass knows everything I don't need them :wink: :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

soul source url
Posted (edited)

This dropped thru the letterbox today; Fontella Bass - Recovery, on Checker, quality B-side too

Edited by ady of newark

soul source url
Posted

Also this - a cheapie, but a biggie. Ace Spectrum - don't send nobody else

soul source url
Posted

Also (it is my birthday) picked this up on a test pressing LP - Ruby Winters 'If This Is Our Last Time'.

Can't see me ever playing this out, but it's a quality tune in it's own right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI-5Mc4ybnk

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Going to slow things down a bit tonight with this from Gladys Knight & the Pips- Between her goodbye and my hello. I've got this on the Soul demo, What a cracking track, hope you all agree. Again you can pick this up for under a tenner.

Edited by gogs

soul source url
Posted

I had this up on YouTube but it got pulled due to copyright. Don't expect it to be here long, Cassietta George, Don't Give Up on Audio Gospel.

Still hits the spot!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10151418056979532

soul source url
Posted

I had this up on YouTube but it got pulled due to copyright. Don't expect it to be here long, Cassietta George, Don't Give Up on Audio Gospel.

Still hits the spot!!!!

https://www.facebook...151418056979532

QUALITY!!

gary

soul source url
Posted

This gets my toes tapping. I remeber posting this many years ago on the Crossover Friday thread run by the Mighty Baz Atkinson and it caused a right stir.

David Oliver - Friends and Strangers - Mercury

gary

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted

Still hits the spot!!!!

https://www.facebook...151418056979532

crackin record..played it at gogo in dec...not sure about the break where she goes off on one near the end though!

soul source url
Guest\