Bettye & Bobby W On Bbc Now

Roburt

Bettye just sang "Let Me Down Easy" .... :thumbsup:

adam ant :ohmy:

superb show . love this . Ruby Turner & Bobby womack to come . hello just coming on . speak laters , happy new year :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

wasn,t that long ago that bobby was homeless and destitute!....and cancer to contend with.....respect to the beeb and jools to give the great man a lifeline.

Social source share

Her Voice was much stonger than it was in Blackpool a few years aGO!

Saw her in Blackpool to and again a few weeks ago at the Jazz Cafe in Camden, where she mentioned that Blackpool gig.

It obviously meant a lot to her do that show at that time .As I remember Rudy Robinson was due to back her, but he sadly died a few weeks prior.

Her autobiography A woman Like Me is well worth reading but not for the faint hearted

Social source share

As usual a top show from Jools and Betty and Bobby both excellent I thought. Echo the sentiments above re Bobby, great to see the great man given the chance to reach a new audience. My 16yr old son was bowled over by Betty and him, which is no easy thing I can tell you! I thought the whole Hootananny was superb, Roland Gift, Dexys, Ruby Turner, The Hives and surprise for me was the little pocker rocket that is Paloma Faith, that girl can belt out a toon too! Nsoul2 is spot on re Betty's book, made me laugh, smile and cry throughout!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest keithh

Enjoyed the show, but for me the stars are always Ruby Turner and the orchestra. I love the traditional style of R&B they do and Ruby T is a superb singer. This one, from a couple of years ago is a real stormer.

Social source share

The man's upright...game on! I know he's had health issues but its sad to see your heroes below par,lesser mortals maybe but legends?

The man's upright...game on! I know he's had health issues but its sad to see your heroes below par,lesser mortals maybe but legends?

reminded me of the awards show where Curtis Mayfield and Teddy prendergast were presented with lifetime awards both of them in wheelchairs...I had to switch off as it was so upsetting and my grandaughter was asking me why i was in tears

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!