Top Tips For 2013

Jack Jacobs - I Believe it's alright on US LIBRA great 7ts blue eyed soul with a difference :g:

Played @ The White Barn by Richie Andrews October last year lots of interest in it luckily i've already got my copy lol :wicked:

Its on you tube :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

give it a listen it's going to huge this year trust me :yes: :yes: :yes:

atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Edited by soulghost
Social source share

I don't understand why this record isn't a thing yet, it's on the hard-to-find stock copy of "good loving is just a dime away" and is so awesome. This is my pick, even though I have no influence on anyone:

I don't understand why this record isn't a thing yet, it's on the hard-to-find stock copy of "good loving is just a dime away" and is so awesome. This is my pick, even though I have no influence on anyone:

This has been getting plenty of spins in my household for many a year ( Fantastic )

• Helpful 2
Social source share

This is known and wanted by a few(sorry guys). First played by Paul Sutton many moons ago but only a few of us picked up on it.Took me years to find this bugger: From Brazil of all places:

Really think once copies turn up or sold to the bigger boys,this will go massive.

Two reasons I didn't post this.

One is I already posted something you put me onto Wayne & the other is I still ain't bloody got one yet.

Fantastic track.

Social source share

Two reasons I didn't post this.

One is I already posted something you put me onto Wayne & the other is I still ain't bloody got one yet.

Fantastic track.

Yes i see that,thx for heads up. :thumbup: . Glad someone pays attention lol . Did you not try who i mentioned a while back for a copy?

Trouble is a few of the Swedish/German lads are after this now from when i played it at Essence last year :wicked: .

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Yes i see that,thx for heads up. :thumbup: . Glad someone pays attention lol . Did you not try who i mentioned a while back for a copy?

Trouble is a few of the Swedish/German lads are after this now from when i played it at Essence last year :wicked: .

Couldn't get in touch with him. Must try him again but he's not an easy man to track down.

Did get offered a copy by a Brazilian guy who must have mistaken me for a lottery winner though :)

Social source share

Jack Jacobs - I Believe it's alright on US LIBRA great 7ts blue eyed soul with a difference :g:

Played @ The White Barn by Richie Andrews October last year lots of interest in it luckily i've already got my copy lol :wicked:

Its on you tube :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

give it a listen it's going to huge this year trust me :yes: :yes: :yes:

atb Kev :hatsoff2:

To right Kev , been a lot of intrest in it this last six months , like you I got mine early.

https://youtu.be/tlHHmKxVQ94

Liking this at the moment , funky edged x/over

• Helpful 2
Social source share

To right Kev , been a lot of intrest in it this last six months , like you I got mine early.

Liking this at the moment , funky edged x/over

Been playing this in the house for years, great pick, never heard it out anywhere, theres another 2 or 3 beauties on the LP that could appeal

Kev

Social source share

here ya go... the first two tracks are almost Motte Allnighter Oldies over here in Hamburg but have not yet arrived properly in the UK !!! The 3rd track is a fantastic little 60's mover which I hope will break as it has been a firm favourite of mine for many years. Known to collectors & spun at the odd soul night but it never really took off !!! :hatsoff2:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Really good start to the thread everyone. Thank you.

Will give it a couple more days and then I'll do a consolidated list.

And don't be shy posting. Just because someone else already knows the track, or has played it (or heard it played out) doesn't mean it's not right to share with the rest of us.

With so many venues on throughout the UK, we can't all be everywhere, can we!

:thumbsup:

Sean

Oh, ok then Sean; you’ve talked me into it.... :D

My sound for 2013 is this, ‘Billy Stewart - Count Me Out — Chess’

I'd be very surprised if this hasn't had an 'airing' at some venues before, but I haven't heard it out or at least I don't remember anyway - Out of interest, please let me know if someone else has 'championed' this and where they played it, I’d guess Bretby would be a good contender.

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

A mixed bag but all are probably never/v rarely heard out anywhere in any sort of club:

Still Waters - Four Tops

i Finally Found A love - Rena Scott

Blackmail - Bobby Tyalor

Love Is The Answer - Bluesbusters

Lets Start Over - Miles Jaye

Miles Jaye used to get a lot of plays as a new release in clubs, house parties and bars well away from our 'scene'. Roy Ayers in full effect!!

Jordi

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I'd be very surprised if this hasn't had an 'airing' at some venues before, but I haven't heard it out or at least I don't remember anyway - Out of interest, please let me know if someone else has 'championed' this and where they played it, I’d guess Bretby would be a good contender.

All the best,

Really nice, I just went looking for a copy then found out it is the other side to "A Fat Boy Can Cry" which I've already got :facepalm::D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Really nice, I just went looking for a copy then found out it is the other side to "A Fat Boy Can Cry" which I've already got :facepalm::D

:D Brilliant, ain't it nice when that happens? :yes: - You've more than likely got most of my 'plays' but don't realise as yet, I've always been an 'other sider' - Trying my bestest to be 'cutting edge' :D

All the best,

Social source share

All the best,

hi len look at the last horse& groom play list, joe
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

here ya go... the first two tracks are almost Motte Allnighter Oldies over here in Hamburg but have not yet arrived properly in the UK !!! The 3rd track is a fantastic little 60's mover which I hope will break as it has been a firm favourite of mine for many years. Known to collectors & spun at the odd soul night but it never really took off !!! :hatsoff2:

Nice set of records, excellent.

Social source share

This one is a cracker and is starting to get plays which i think may escalate this year

REX GARVIN----BELIEVE IT OR NOT

Note the gong intro not unlike the start of So Is The Sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BUZJshLwPE

Just to prove these things go round in circles - I reviewed this as a' newie' in 1989 or 1990 and said exactly the same as you - nobody bothered though except some of the people buying my fanzine. Is the B side I Gotta Now?

p.s. no I've got this wrong, I reviewed I Gotta Go Now as the A side and said this side was a weird song about LSD :lol:

Edited by Pete S
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest john s

Just to prove these things go round in circles - I reviewed this as a' newie' in 1989 or 1990 and said exactly the same as you - nobody bothered though except some of the people buying my fanzine. Is the B side I Gotta Now?

Yep, I Gotta Go Now (up on the floor). Brilliant double-sider.

Social source share

p.s. no I've got this wrong, I reviewed I Gotta Go Now as the A side and said this side was a weird song about LSD :lol:

Yes Pete flip is I Gotta Go Now which has been known and played on and off.Its a good old Skool sound but the Believe it or Not side i think is more in line with the current vibe of driving beat funky edged dancers and sounds top notch played on a big system.I have it on a LIKE Demo

post-8522-0-20039300-1357289326_thumb.jp

Edited by Patto
Social source share

This is known and wanted by a few(sorry guys). First played by Paul Sutton many moons ago but only a few of us picked up on it.Took me years to find this bugger: From Brazil of all places:

Really think once copies turn up or sold to the bigger boys,this will go massive.

MONSTER....always gets a great reaction when ever I play this....good call my friend.

Best Russ

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Little Sister & the Echoettes - Up Above My Head This has had a few plays from Sam, but should be huge in the right rooms.

https://www.divshare.com/download/18491257-df9?fb_action_ids=4998752327564&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=timeline_og&action_object_map=%7B%224998752327564%22%3A10150923296768635%7D&action_type_map=%7B%224998752327564%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=[]

United Sounds - Its All Over Baby. Not unknown by any means, but this will reach legendary status in 2013....awesome...n I want one !!!

Tommy & the Derbys - Going Back to Houston. Nev put this in my radar, I knew about this but had never clocked it properly, Nev has excellent taste & this a deffo winner - hope I havnt stepped on his toes with this, but needs to be heard n played.

My three...

Best Russ

• Helpful 1
Social source share