Willie Mitchell & Adele

Guest crissbiscit

Guest crissbiscit

I've just made this, what do you think? If anyone wants to play this out give me your emailand I'll send you a DL link...

Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

you just wrecked 2 fantastic bits of music :( . how ever long it took to do you will never get the time back :lol:

Hey Ted I'm one ov your fans, but isent this what gets young souls into soul music rather than the boom shake the room s**t,

Mess about and remember there is more than the big room.

I still love you mate .

Garry

Social source share

wow this will fly if put up for sale on ebay.......i bet theres a few who will be playing this in the near future with a rammed dancefloor of pristine

dressed baggy trouser/full circle brigade showing how crap they are at shuffling to it......

how fookin sad roll on 2014

• Helpful 2
Social source share

as has already been said they are two great records in their own right,im not saying i like this mash up but the poster made the two records fit together quite well and must have took a fair bit of time to get it right so i applaud the poster for his time and effort,although its not really my thing to be honest

jason

• Helpful 1
Social source share

come on chaps give it a chance :yes:

we cant get stuck now ,,we have to move on :g:

I don't even think this has anything to do with tailor-mades versus original vinyl only versus what will move the scene forward etc. This is simply two pieces of music which don't fit together, they're in the wrong key and it sounds terrible. That Kylie Minogue Blue Monday thing is an example of two well known existing tunes fitting together like a jigsaw. This Adele thing is just dreadful. Sorry!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I thought we'd seen the back of these crazy mash ups. I've never heard one that worked. :(

Just noticed it's called a refix. Were both songs broken then?

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Guest gibber

wow this will fly if put up for sale on ebay.......i bet theres a few who will be playing this in the near future with a rammed dancefloor of pristine

dressed baggy trouser/full circle brigade showing how crap they are at shuffling to it......

how fookin sad roll on 2014

You think Russ is joking :no:

Remember the time Russ played a great set to a empty floor when the guy following him filled it with Duffy’s Mercy .

Social source share

nah...two tracks with two completely different attitudes,or whatever the musical term is!...surley the mash up thing is old hat now anyway??...a few lines sampled on a 'danced' up remix (fat boy slim etc) will always be about depending on the 'new' dance style but think mash ups are just a gimmic that is way past its sell buy date IMO

dean

Edited by spacehopper
Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

I like it, its fresh and full of youthful energy, not one to be played or accepted on the current northern soul scene. Ignore the narrow minded shackled short sightedness of some of the establishment on here !! Although there opinions you asked for !!

Putting aside the fact that you have stolen and inter feared with there soul property is rewarding.

Good luck with it.

Social source share

Ignore the narrow minded shackled short sightedness of some of the establishment on here !!

There's nothing narrow-minded about not liking a record which is out of tune - sorry, it's not meant to be ironic or avant garde, it's a pop mash-up. When two pieces of music go out of key, it's just wrong. End of...

I don't think the problem is using a backing track which is too well known - the whole point of a successful mash-up is to take two equally popular songs, sling them together and hopefully come up with a whole which is greater than the sum of its parts. Which is not easy, which is why so few of them are successful. Candi Staton "You Got The Love" is an example of a bootleg mash-up which works - although, by my logic the vocal was pretty obscure at the time... so it doesn't really qualify!

Social source share

Ignore the narrow minded shackled short sightedness of some of the establishment on here !! Although there opinions you asked for !!

Yes, he did , and peoples are giving there opinions. On the narrow minded part, i collect, house, modern , trad NS , Soulful house, jazz funk ,

neo soul [ i don`t know either ] ... in fact all the colours of the soul rainbow are bought & enjoyed by myself , i`m sure others on here are just as passionate & eclectic in their buying & listening choices.

Its not that i don`t like mash ups, i do ,........................... its just, this is shite.

Social source share

Guest lofthope

This isn't quite set right, but with a bit of work it could be really good. You just need to chop the vocals around the sax breaks for example.

My 21 year old daughter thought it was really good (apart from the point above) and has just rushed upstairs to tweet it to her friends.

The champion is my all time favourite Northern tune, so I'm not overly happy about vocals plastered all over it, but that doesn't stop me standing back and seeing that this is a really good idea that just needs a little refining.

Get on a sequencer and cut the vocals around the bridge and the breaks. Well done and good luck mate.

PS Jeez, was just about to post this and your mash came booming out of my daughter's bedroom at full volume, guess I'll be hearing that a few times this evening then!.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!