Help With Price Please

Hello and a Happy new Year to all Soul Sourcers :-)

Can someone please help me with pricing a record that I have been offered from a friend (not on here btw)

The record is an original US Parkway Demo copy of the 'Tymes - Here she comes', it is in what I would call VG condition at best?

Any advice please?

Thank you

Edited by Steve Luigi
Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just noticed looking at the other copies on Popsike, that this one is different in as much as it has the 'Harp' logo on both sides of the label, and the 'Promotional copy' on the left hand side, and the 'Not for sale' on the right hand side? The others that I can see have only 1 'Harp' logo on the right side and the 'Promotional or DJ copy not for sale' altogether on the right hand side also? can't see another one with these markings.

Edited by Steve Luigi
Social source share

No! I didn't see one but it is the 933 as well.

Malibu was the other side, thats the HSC 924 where 933 The 12th and 924 HSC is the demo or issue, the miss press with 933 The 12th HSC 933 but should be 924 ?

Roger will know more.

Im not sure if a 933 issue plays The 12th and HSC so its miss labeled against miss pressed for HSC is 924 in the dead wax only.

You got that. :rofl:

Found it the issue. delta but 924 in dead wax and 933 on label both sides.

post-6504-0-20263600-1357183962_thumb.jp

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

Here is some more info that I have had the seller send to me. I hope that this will help identify it and it's worth?

p924br, p933a, triangle shape- 54838, triangle shape-54132. There is also some type of mark, looks like an 'mr' inside a circle the other looks like an 'r' that almost loops around over the top of itself

Edited by Steve Luigi
Social source share

Pure "allnighter-verballing"...nice one Tony and I understood everyone of your codes (happy new year matey!) :lol:

Great track Steve...every home should have one :yes:

As I see it:

• The demo in question is a West Coast Monarch made (injected styrene not pressed vinyl) copy of #933.
  • It was released twice with 'Malibu' (924) and 'The Twelth Of Never' (933) on the flipsides.
  • There is also a miss-pressed East Coast stock copy with the Drifters-esque, 'I Won't Cry Anymore', in the grooves.
  • The West Coast demo is rarer than the East Coast demo (vinyl, so maybe preferred).
  • There is an East Coast WD on my sales pages for £40!
  • It is a timeless solid Northern Soul classic!

Kanpai!

:hypocrite:

post-9555-0-01912000-1357188982_thumb.jp

Social source share

its a styrene west coast demo if no one hasnt told you already,,,a little bit rarer than the east coast copy but still only worth £25/30 in that condition....your boot aint worth £25 tho steve more like £8............................ and i just read daves post above

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

Hello and a Happy new Year to all Soul Sourcers :-) Can someone please help me with pricing a record that I have been offered from a friend (not on here btw) The record is an original US Parkway Demo copy of the 'Tymes - Here she comes', it is in what I would call VG condition at best? Any advice please? Thank you

If it's a VG don't pay more than £10.00 tops. Check the run-out and look for the very faint matrix markings, hasn't got one, it's a boot.

This was my sale way-way back in the silly-heady days of NS sales........................

https://www.popsike.c...4041593824.html

Last year I struggled to sell an issue, think I got about £15.00 for it, it was EX+.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

its a styrene west coast demo if no one hasnt told you already,,,a little bit rarer than the east coast copy but still only worth £25/30 in that condition....your boot aint worth £25 tho steve more like £8............................ and i just read daves post above

Was about to type everything Dave typed above! It's not a rare record. I think the West Coast might be slightly harder than the East Coast though.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!