Constellations -I Dont Know About You

Dave Pinch

was a bit shocked as i got a pristine mint copy in the mid nineties and i managed to keep a hold of it..but i was thinkin along the lines of pete smith on value and was surprised to say the least at what it fiinished at when it looked far from mint

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

Their other one on the label is much better too, less of a "girly / drunken singalong weekender anthem" and fantastic production / Richie Tee arrangement with Bernard Puride's drumming, fab harmonies etc. in fact a lot of the top NY guys cooking up a storm in a teacup.

i might even be inclined to agree with you steve, but most probably wouldnt,,,

Social source share

Not a bad record suddenly dave, just feel its had it's day

Jim

i agree the handbaggers/mouldy oldies team seem to have gotten hold of it. but if someone gave me 500 for a record i had years i`d say give me your money you nice person. i think its great some people are livin the dream now when lots of us went thru records like this 20 years ago

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Funny read this, I bought my copy about 6 years ago for £350 and it wasn't easy to find I put many wants up on here for a copy with no luck but finally bagged a copy and was very grateful too, I hardly ever hear it played out cant remember last time I did either, I am always getting offered money for my copy and more than what I payed too, its one of me favourites for various reasons and always will be and wouldn't sell my copy not even for a really silly offer but when these have come up for sale they are always snapped up which is not often and I personally think and have seen I was chasing a copy that a minter would always set you back between £450 - £500 maybe more cos it is on many wish/wants lists.

Anyone with a mint copy wanting to sell I recommend you put it up on here for £500 and I bet you get more than one wanting to buy it at that price so maybe time to cash in on this crappy drunkards moldie oldie over played kak :-)

Different strokes for different folks again but to me its still a great tune ......

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Now then if a choon that has been battered to death last 4/5 years is "I didn't know how too" just about every dj and their dog has this as a lot easier to get hold of you only need to look at popsike to see how many changed hands last few years compared to "I don't know about you". Btw I like this one too but sold my copy for double what I paid for it when I knew I could buy it again any time I wanted to cos it's that easy to find. One mans soup is another mans apple crumble and custard ...

Social source share

Their other one on the label is much better too, less of a "girly / drunken singalong weekender anthem" and fantastic production / Richie Tee arrangement with Bernard Puride's drumming, fab harmonies etc. in fact a lot of the top NY guys cooking up a storm in a teacup.

Nothing wrong with a bit of a drunken singalong Steve but you don't have to spend all that money to do it.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Yes Jordi, agreed, there are plenty of drunken weekender sing-a-long tunes you can pick up for a tenner or less. And Bearsy, I know the other one is easier to find, but it's the far better of the two records in my opinion. I also like their funked up version of "I can't turn you loose" as well.

Social source share

Now then if a choon that has been battered to death last 4/5 years is "I didn't know how too" just about every dj and their dog has this as a lot easier to get hold of you only need to look at popsike to see how many changed hands last few years compared to "I don't know about you". Btw I like this one too but sold my copy for double what I paid for it when I knew I could buy it again any time I wanted to cos it's that easy to find. One mans soup is another mans apple crumble and custard ...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!