Four Tracks On Mandingo

Denbo

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Many years ago, must have been the end of the 70's at one of the later Yates.Tim Ashibend had about 10 copies of this for sale for about £20-£30. I only bought one.

But there again a few years earlier I got 20 copies of Ty Karim, Lighten up, Romark. Thought bugger wrong version and spent the next few years giving them away free to mates how came round my house. Dave Greet still has the one I gave him and reminds me of it every time he plays it. Just think, have seen both of these sell for close to £1000 in the last few years Would make a weaker man turn to drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Many years ago, must have been the end of the 70's at one of the later Yates.Tim Ashibend had about 10 copies of this for sale for about £20-£30. I only bought one.

But there again a few years earlier I got 20 copies of Ty Karim, Lighten up, Romark. Thought bugger wrong version and spent the next few years giving them away free to mates how came round my house. Dave Greet still has the one I gave him and reminds me of it every time he plays it. Just think, have seen both of these sell for close to £1000 in the last few years Would make a weaker man turn to drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lighten Up Dave . . . . . :shhh:

And who needs an excuse to turn to drink. Only 4 hours until I finish work. Can't wait for a pint. It's been a long hard slog today.

Thanks also go out to Gene-R for his initial valuation. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Aything between £700 - £1,000.

:Dand the rest. Went for way over that on Manships auction a while back. The link to his auction hasn't had any prices on for a while, but I'm sure it was over £1300. I was trying to buy it myself so that's why I remember. :D

Social source share

:Dand the rest. Went for way over that on Manships auction a while back. The link to his auction hasn't had any prices on for a while, but I'm sure it was over £1300. I was trying to buy it myself so that's why I remember. :D

I know who bought it and you are right - think it was c 1400 or something. That copy resides with a well known and respected collector up north.

Social source share

I remember late 80s Rob Wigley finding 3 of these. Him and Rob kept a copy each and the third went on their La Beat Records list for £40. I rang up as soon as received the list, but he'd already had a shed load of calls - agghh!

Rich

Yep still got it Rich and i play it when Djing less than a Dollar each when we bought them---was it you or your mum who rang ??? :D

Social source share

Yep still got it Rich and i play it when Djing less than a Dollar each when we bought them---was it you or your mum who rang ??? :D

:D Whilst I did on occasion get my mam to ring up when I had to be in school early (!!) it was I who called in this case! Seem to remember Manship had auctioned one round about the same time and got fairly silly money for it at the time. Class record though and well worth whatever it makes..

Rich

Social source share

whistling.gif Whilst I did on occasion get my mam to ring up when I had to be in school early (!!) it was I who called in this case! Seem to remember Manship had auctioned one round about the same time and got fairly silly money for it at the time. Class record though and well worth whatever it makes..

Rich

JM got around £1300 I recall for a less than mint copy.

Still on my wants list if anyone has one for sales :wicked:

Social source share

I may be the lone voice of dissent on this topic but I have always loathed this particular record. A dull, insipid and uninspired mess with a harmonic structure more suited to light entertainment shows than to soul music. An instrumental cut would make a great theme tune for the "Wonky Dog" cartoon character.

Social source share

I may be the lone voice of dissent on this topic but I have always loathed this particular record. A dull, insipid and uninspired mess with a harmonic structure more suited to light entertainment shows than to soul music. An instrumental cut would make a great theme tune for the "Wonky Dog" cartoon character.

It's one of those I got sick of hearing, seem to hear it at every venue whistling.gif

Dunno why it still retains such a high price either, quite a few out there and fair few turned up not so long ago. Seemed to be a regular fixture on e-bay for a while.

Social source share

It's one of those I got sick of hearing, seem to hear it at every venue whistling.gif

Dunno why it still retains such a high price either, quite a few out there and fair few turned up not so long ago. Seemed to be a regular fixture on e-bay for a while.

Agree with chalky loads aboutat stafford,ashibende,butch,rob smith,raistrick all 20 -30 quid,needs resting for a bit :wicked:
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!