Articles: Mark Randle's Modern Soul Musings

Mark R

Thanks Mark good read, so informative as always hope you keep it going,

ps love the "Until We Meet Again" track, gonna give it a whirl at Mansfield Modern on Friday.

atb

Barry

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I might be going off at too much of a tangent for some here..........but if you want to know what's completely doing my head in at the minute.......and has been since it's release just before Christmas it's this............

https://www.firstexperiencerecords.com/product-detail/House/59/Strictly+Jaz+Unit+Muzic/Glenn+Underground/12+July+1979/cd/3288

In my humble opinion this is just fookin' amazing..........check tracks 5, 4 & 3 for starters. Glenn Underground is a master at his craft, and there's no mistake. For all the dissers that say "oh it's just music out of a machine", just listen to it properly and bear in mind that it's formulated inside someone's head first........no machine can do that!!

If you want to know the significance of the title............

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disco_Demolition_Night

Cheers,

Mark R

• Helpful 2
Social source share

There's room for as many articles as people wish to contribute, more the merrier. The scene is all about the music and I'm sure members would welcome more articles such as Marks regardless what year the cd or vinyl 45 was issued. I know I enjoy reading others reviews and recommendations.

If anyone interested drop me a PM?

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

.....Some tracks from 2012

And no mention of Donnie Ray "A Secret Is So Hard To Keep" track in the above listings Mick !!

Almost convinced it was your Soul Discovery Show which introduced - listeners to this CD, during the early months of 2012.

:)

Edited by Nick Harrison
Social source share

Some tracks from 2012

Hi Mick,

Yes, all fine mate thanks. Happy New Year to you and yours.

No problem with the tracks, as I would expect, quite a few that are off my radar, so every day's a school day!

I guess though, we ought to start a seperate thread if we feel we can develop something out of this??

Cheers,

Mark R

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanks Mark good read, so informative as always hope you keep it going,

ps love the "Until We Meet Again" track, gonna give it a whirl at Mansfield Modern on Friday.

atb

Barry

It's a proper song Barry.......the way it should be! Get it played mate! ;-))

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!