Pat Lewis 'it'll Never Be Over For Me'

:hatsoff2: HI ALL ...The pros & cons of this classic song, TIMI YURO cut is a superb version, and a HOLY GRAIL, TO FIND A COPY AT A OXFAM SHOP OR CAR BOOT ain't gonna happen, every body who knows very little will be aware of it? the record for me, comes from the tail end of must have UK 45s along with RAY MERREL, TONY MIDDLETON, PARADOX, SUE LYN, & THE RARE UK MGMs, value £750....

PAT LEWIS on the other hand was a JOE BOY DEMO given away with a CD, HOWEVER the positive side is this PAT LEWIS is a classic Detroit SOUL SINGER, she is very affay with the northern scene and had the comfort of playing TIMI YUROS Record, thus ensuring she got it right, well in my opinion she got 100% right and making it the best version, so that's what I think and I own them both, :ohmy: DAVE K

• Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL ...The pros & cons of this classic song, TIMI YURO cut is a superb version, and a HOLY GRAIL, TO FIND A COPY AT A OXFAM SHOP OR CAR BOOT ain't gonna happen, every body who knows very little will be aware of it? the record for me, comes from the tail end of must have UK 45s along with RAY MERREL, TONY MIDDLETON, PARADOX, SUE LYN, & THE RARE UK MGMs, value £750....

PAT LEWIS on the other hand was a JOE BOY DEMO given away with a CD, HOWEVER the positive side is this PAT LEWIS is a classic Detroit SOUL SINGER, she is very affay with the northern scene and had the comfort of playing TIMI YUROS Record, thus ensuring she got it right, well in my opinion she got 100% right and making it the best version, so that's what I think and I own them both, :ohmy: DAVE K

Pat sang this at Solid Hit Soul February 2012, sounded great & went down very well with everyone there.

Funnily enough I never knew until now that she had released it ;-)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• Solid Hit Soul with Ronnie Walker live + Residents Des Parker, Stuart Tyler, Shane Cox & Dave Greenhill.15th February 2013 Shooting Star 125 Middlesex Street London E1 7JF 3 minutes from Liverpool Street Station
  • :hatsoff2: Hi All thanks for the comments, it goes as a big plus that the TIMI YURO was upstaged by PAT also shows that it is a great song, must say that TIMIS "INSULT TO INJURY" is fave of mine
  • Just looked at the SOLID HIT SOUL VENUE! is very close to the shop that sold the top exclusive BEN SHERMANS 68/69 always a Que on SUNDAY morning, then we would walk up the lane, to SHCMOCKER who sold JAYTEX & BRUTUS, ALSO LEVI STA-PRESS :huh: A BIT OF SPIRIT OF 69 NOSTALGER from "more than SKIN DEEP"
  • :shhh: DAVE K

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest son of stan

Has this song ever been a hit for anyone ? because its a oft recorded song as well as the afore mentioned versions its been recorded by Rocky Padilla, Thee Midniters

Baby Washington, Los Lobos, Danny Forest and Dean Parrish and probably more.

I think Baby Washington did pretty well with it.

I hadn't heard this until i started lookin around on YouTube. Timi Yuro in Spanish. Great!:

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

I think Baby Washington did pretty well with it.

I hadn't heard this until i started lookin around on YouTube. Timi Yuro in Spanish. Great!:

That comes from a Timi Yuro fan site where they put all of their unreleased recordings up for everyone to hear, there's some fantastic stuff there if you can find the site.

Social source share

Guest Torch55

She sang this at a live appearance at one of the Ritz all-nighters circa 2000. Anybody remember which one? As for Timi Yuro, remember Ted Massey playing it at The Central Hotel, Cannock, late 80's. Personally, I prefered her version of, "What's a matter baby?" Did that ever get played anywhere? LJ Reynold's instrumental version ( The Penguin Breakdown) was quite a popular Alan Day play at the tail end of the "Up the Junction" all-nighters in 1972.

Edited by Torch55
Social source share

• 2 years later...
On 9 January 2013 02:13:15, dthedrug said:

I did find one at a car boot, granted around fifteen years ago now. 50p! I think I prefer the Baby Washington version, but the two are so different it is difficult to compare.

Social source share

My Favourite is the Thee Midniters - It'll Never Be Over For Me (Whittier 501) 1966 The voice of Little Willie G and the defiance in his voice is tremendous I know it's too slow for any decent dance floor action but when I listen to it at home it just makes me feel prepared for lifes ups & downs.

Kirsty

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!