Whats Your 3 Most Hated Tunes

Are we talking classics?

Holly St James - That's not love

Dee Clarke - That's my girl

Derek and Ray - Interplay

Not just 3 bobbins classics from way back that don't really get played anymore, but 3 classics that strangely still do the business at oldies nights :g:

Edited by Pete60
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

here we go i think this topic must have been done loads of time but here goes

my three

queen of fools

do i love you indeed i do

house for sale

sorry but they drive me mad make its a good job i smoke great excuse to go for one

here we go i think this topic must have been done loads of time but here goes

my three

queen of fools

do i love you indeed i do

house for sale

sorry but they drive me mad make its a good job i smoke great excuse to go for one

They do get played to the excess but each one fills the floor every time.
Social source share

"You're a nurse"! :lol:

pete,sorry mate but this is my only real hate record was played at all the venues i went to in the mid 70s sorry but it makes my toes curl,!!! off topic what do you think to mr bowies latest offering,??? Edited by de-to
Social source share

Out of mind- Rain/ theres a pain in my heart- poppies/What-Judy Street Awful now. In their day i must admit i liked em when first heared out.Notts Palais alldayer Tunes.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Three that immediately come to mind ..

Blanche Carter - Halos Are For Angels

Doug Banks - I Just Kept On Dancing

Marv Johnson - Come On And Stop

and a fourth cringer that I can't resist mentioning .. Kurt Harris - Emperor of My Baby's Heart

Social source share

love Milly Jackson especially house for sale cos it reminds me of when it broke in the clubs....but if you can't funky shuffle suppose its not for you.

I hate.....roy hamilton - the panic is on

.....tony middleton - to the ends of the earth

.....break away and anything else by engleburt cohinkadopolis

wish i could get the tony Middleton on uk Polidor

Social source share

(2) That hideous, dreadful 'Tribute' thing - whoever first thought it would be a good idea to play that dreck-laden drivel when there are so many great records out there which don't get played for crying out loud?

Oh yes, totally agree with that so may as well throw in 2 others to make the numbers up.

Also hate Sister Sledge - Love Don't Go Through No Changes On Me. Terrible record & why oh why have such a long title, 8 bloody words for God's sake.

The third one & the Emperors new clothes record. Pyramid - Soul Brothers Inc. Now you know you all hate it but are afraid to admit it because it's fashionable to say you love it as you think everyone else loves it but I'll let you into a secret. They hate it too but are scared to admit it for exactly the same reason as you.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

A lot of records we grow tired of hearing, if you discovered most of them tomorrow then i think we would be falling over ourselves to get a copy . There`s really only one record i have never liked & never will , Judy Street - What.

In context , most records have their time & place but over exposure kills them.

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

:ohmy: Errrr - I would put that in the fabulous category

Cheers

Richard

A lot of people seem to like it, I've always found it a bit if a downer - but that's just me.

Social source share

Timebox - Beggin'. Hated it from the first time I heard it. Yet I have to buy a german Deram copy one day for my Krautsville collection.

Yes! That's a good one Benji. A classic pop record albeit with Northern connections which has now for some reason become a refuge for every desperate DJ. :sleep3:

Social source share

Yes! That's a good one Benji. A classic pop record albeit with Northern connections which has now for some reason become a refuge for every desperate DJ. :sleep3:

Firm favourite with the 60's guys and girls over here for the last 15/20 odd years. I know Keb Darge started playing it when he reinvented himself as an oldies DJ, didn't he?

Social source share

Whilst I'm all in favour of these lists type threads, are we sure that people are being honest about what they actually hate?

Being pissed off about an overplayed track is one thing but actually saying that something like "Queen of fools" is worthy of hate doesn't make sense to me.

Now I know it's all about opinions but surely there are a slew of tracks to hate before we descend into detesting some of tracks that are actually the bedrock of the scene.

I'm not being dewy eyed about this, just trying to understand what motivates an opinion.

Be gentle with me.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

I don't know, I think it's interesting to hear what some people love others can't stand and vice versa.

Stuff like Nightwatch 'lips to your heart' , opinion doesn't even come into it, it's been scientifically proven to have 0% soul content and totally shit.

Social source share

Easy,

Love is a serious business alfie davison aaarrrggghhhhh

Come on train Don thomas reminds me of morcambe inn....think it was on repeat there at one point

Driza bone preassure.....oooorrrrppph!

Go on piss off them decks and leave us alone!!

happy new year

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Droylsdonian

Natch, I presume the 3 candidates are actually #s 2-4 behind the de facto worst 'NS' record of all time - Love Bandit - 'music' to throw up to. Violently. On that basis:

Samantha Jones

The Cherry People

Sisters Love

I'm not a misogynist, btw :wink: & nor have I ever bought, or contemplated buying, any of the above, to the best of my knowledge & belief*

* although I do have a box in the garage that I've never dared open since about 81. I think there is probably a Lord Thunder in there, but such matters are best left to be resolved in one's Will, imco.

Edited by Droylsdonian
Social source share

Carstairs : it really hurts me girl

Frank Beverly : if that’s what you wanted

Millie Jackson : House for sale

(I could list many more "overplayed to death" as well)

There are so many damm good records out there that never ever get played out!!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

People keep knocking Ral Donner....i've heard a lot worse than that in my time!

Really.? Elvis went into hiding when this got released.And "released" being the optimum description. :lol: .

I heard it was a social experiment by the Government to gauge reaction to an audio onslaught.A bit like Staring at Goats.

Edited by KevH
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!