Tempests - Would You Believe - Smash Lp

Guest blackbeesoulclub

Guest blackbeesoulclub

Hi,

I am looking for the Tempests - Would You Believe album on Smash Records LP

If anyone fancies selling or has a spare to pass on to a young collector, I would be most grateful.

Please PM me with price?

All the best

Paul Bailey

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Had a US eBay seller making repeat offers to me to sell me one at 160doll, think I bid about 120, didn't win but winning bid didn't pay. This was a week ago but had another email few days ago. Let me know if you want sellers email. Dean

I had this, it was still under reserve price. Put £75 ish on then went $20 over, he came back with a shead load of numbers and his last offer was $160 but I was bored with it by then.

To the point of harrasment.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

I had this, it was still under reserve price. Put £75 ish on then went $20 over, he came back with a shead load of numbers and his last offer was $160 but I was bored with it by then.

To the point of harrasment.

Had to smile, his first email to me stressed how I needed to quick as several others were after it and it was first come. Then an email saying I could at least be polite enough to reply, which i did saying I could get it cheaper with patience, then a further email asking if I could go to $160.

Sorry to drift off topic a bit, I presume Paul is still after one. As you may gather Paul, there's an opinion that $160 was a little high. Saw one go last night for $143.50 (£89) with $14.25 postage.

Social source share

Guest blackbeesoulclub

Funnily enough I have messaged that person on eBay...sound like the harassment will start. I was aiming for £60 - £70 max

Like you say, it ain't rare. They are everywhere. Hopefully someone will offer me a decent deal on it...

Social source share

Guest blackbeesoulclub

Wow, well the guy off eBay from America was just lovely! Within a matter of 12 hours he has managed to insult me and get personal...I'd say that he is not one to deal with.

What a strange way to try and sell something, by getting angry at you for stating what you want...

He suggested he will 'burn the record with a blow torch before taking my offer'

Well I say good luck to him...

On a brighter note I am in discussion with someone who is a lot nicer and is happy to help out.

Thanks for all your help guys :)

Social source share

Guest 1 huskyvan

how can you get board with this album i say buy it now and play the shit out of it every track,s a winner go down a storm in your club

Social source share

Well...........30 years on, and the demand or price still hasn't abated!

30 years ago you were tripping over these for a tenner, unfortunately I kept tripping over and bought something else each time.

Humm!!! not bored with my copy but need to trim the LP's down so will sell my m mono copy.

I would be interested but nowhere near the prices being quoted so suspect I will need to wait a bit longer, however if

you want a bit sport send me a price and maybe I can be swayed. I am a very good friend of your namesake, just in case

thats worth an extra fiver discount! :-))

Social source share

30 years ago we were tripping over frank beverly on sassy................we still are...but still being charged £300..sometimes you gotta bite the bullet or do without.... i agree tho its not a rare lp on usa smash..white promo is nice..and theres a couple of foreign labels.....i`m sure one will come on ebay in the next month or so for a more reasonable price than $160

• Helpful 1
Social source share

30 years ago we were tripping over frank beverly on sassy................we still are...but still being charged £300..sometimes you gotta bite the bullet or do without.... i agree tho its not a rare lp on usa smash..white promo is nice..and theres a couple of foreign labels.....i`m sure one will come on ebay in the next month or so for a more reasonable price than $160

I gave FB on Sassy away in 80's with a load of boots as always assumed it was boot as I had bought it for £1.25 off one of the lists like Colin Bee. Doh, where was the Internet when I needed it!

And no one has rushed to offer me Tempests based on my sales pitch so looks like I may be doing without for another 30 years! :-))

Social source share

I gave FB on Sassy away in 80's with a load of boots as always assumed it was boot as I had bought it for £1.25 off one of the lists like Colin Bee. Doh, where was the Internet when I needed it!

And no one has rushed to offer me Tempests based on my sales pitch so looks like I may be doing without for another 30 years! :-))

our bri got a frank beverley out of a box of pressings at a ywca record fair in doncaster for £3....at least we managed to keep it a few years and sold it for £30 about 1995..hope you are well mate

Social source share

Came out on Phillips in Holland

Social source share

Wow, well the guy off eBay from America was just lovely! Within a matter of 12 hours he has managed to insult me and get personal...I'd say that he is not one to deal with.

What a strange way to try and sell something, by getting angry at you for stating what you want...

He suggested he will 'burn the record with a blow torch before taking my offer'

Well I say good luck to him...

On a brighter note I am in discussion with someone who is a lot nicer and is happy to help out.

Thanks for all your help guys :)

Edited by littlestanley
Social source share