Major Lance 45 Surprise Label Country & Year Of Origin?

slimharpo

I have this on the Surprise label in Stereo. I was wondering from what country it came from? I think it might be Belgian but all the writing on the sleeve and record label is in English inc the usual legal stuff about unauthorised recording. I know the Contempo issue is 70s but is from around the same time or later? 'How' is great by the way. Nice pic of The Major who I was lucky enough to see in 73/4 at the Colwyn Bay pier!

post-430-0-68677200-1358249248_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Some people on my radio show were requesting major lance and I wanted to always have a best-of type CD around so I could play it. I stole one, it was a torrent for some japanese best of CD from the early 80s. I used it that day to play someone's request on the radio and it was a totally different version that I had never heard before. It had the same sound / style of the Okeh recordings but I think it was actually an artist rerecording from the 80s. Anyone know this CD? It was interesting because I would think there would be some northern interest, I think he had recorded some tracks that he may not have recorded initially or that were different sounding and would be of possible interest. No synthesizers or anything like that.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!