Innuendo's In Soul

Guest louispaul

I know what the song's about Bob-Written by Willie Dixon, the 'back door' was the escape route the man took after sex with the married woman. Was just using the title as innuendo:-). Carl

he is not saying what you think he's saying. it's a reference to "back door man", which was slang at that point and originally a howling wolf song from the early 60s. he's begging for her to cheat on her current guy with him. i've listened to this song dozens of times and heard that line and never read it about asking his girl to let him have anal sex, which doesn't even make sense in the context of the song of the woman leaving. say a woman is leaving you for another man and you're begging for her to come back. is that one of the lines you would use? it doesn't make sense, but the howling wolf reference does.

Social source share

How about Lisa Maye - I've got a juicy mouth baby. Whats all that about?

Anyway slightly off topic how about this album cover which recieved a lot of complaints when it was released. Look at the guy at the front at the bottom of his jacket. People thought it was his dick hanging out when in fact was his finger. It was withdrawn and re released with the offending object airbrushed out.

post-1363-0-29950500-1358524789_thumb.jp

Social source share

Guest louispaul

Never mind the innuendos, this has to be the worst record ever made

the flips better..... Edited by louispaul
Social source share

I can't even hear a hint of a swear word there?

It sounds to me, as Shinehead says, that she sings "don't you have enough f**kin heart..."

I'd be interested to hear what you think she says. I've never been able to interpret it any other way,

Social source share

it says

to me it sounds like "broken hearts " or thats what i sing along to it

Hmm, I see what you mean. I think "f**kin" would have been a better lyric though, and it's disappointing after thinking that's what it was for all these years.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds to me, as Shinehead says, that she sings "don't you have enough f**kin heart..."

I'd be interested to hear what you think she says. I've never been able to interpret it any other way,

Don't you have enough broken hearts crowned across the town, more or less

Social source share

There are so many records that are in this vein but my two favourites are

1. General Johnson - let's fool around - Arista where at 1:57 he sings - "Open the gates to your love and let me come inside" said that to the wife once - slept in the spare room that night.

2. The daddy of them all - Clarence Carter - Strokin' - Ichiban - the whole song is an opus to Shagging (in the British sense), no innuendo here just Clarence going for it. Contains the memorable verse at 3:20 -

The other night I was strokin' my woman

And it got so good to her, you know what she told me

Let me tell you what she told me, she said:

'Stroke it Clarence Carter, but don't stroke so fast

If my stuff ain't tight enough, you can stick it up my................

I be strokin' Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

I be strokin'

Played that to the wife once - been sleeping in garage ever since !!!

Frosty

Social source share

There are so many records that are in this vein but my two favourites are

1. General Johnson - let's fool around - Arista where at 1:57 he sings - "Open the gates to your love and let me come inside" said that to the wife once - slept in the spare room that night.

:lol:

Bit like when I asked my Missus when I asked her if I could be her "Back Door Santa". Didn't want any presents that year...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!