Ste S

Gaz's Rockin' Blues

I used to in 1980 when it was the best black rock and roll disco I'd ever heard. It's still fun, too much reggae and a live band for me but I think he still plays some of the rockin' stuff. An interesting little soho dive with a tiny dancefloor

Thanks for the heads up on this, looks just up my street, never heard of it before,

probs combine it with a full wend up that london, finishing off in the 100 club on the sat nite.

cheers :thumbsup:

I used to go every now and then during the mid-80's when it was at Gossips in Dean Street.

Was a great vibe with no attitude and a party feel to it...and the bass would shake the walls and your stomache!

This thread prompted me to Google the club...the current venue has an interesting history: http://www.stmoritzclub.co.uk/#!history/cnyl

:hatsoff2:

Edited by Flynny

I used to in 1980 when it was the best black rock and roll disco I'd ever heard. It's still fun, too much reggae and a live band for me but I think he still plays some of the rockin' stuff. An interesting little soho dive with a tiny dancefloor

It's one of them places I've been wanting to go for a long time but getting down to London just don't happen, black rock & roll, R&B, 60's club soul, jazz, ska & reggae are what I listen to so it sounds ideal for me, hope I can fit in another night while I'm there, never been to the 100 club or the R&B mousetrap, think there's a reggae night in Camden every now and again, what gets played at the 100 club? cheers.

Edited by Ste S

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.