Bobby Guitar Wood 'found'

Pete S

Guest Nick Harrison

Should make for an interesting interview, perhaps Bobby could explain the absence of the soul content contained within Its Mighty Nice To Know. But in it's defence or lack of it - it was played and accepted as northern soul.

Correctly or incorrectly labelled.

:)

Social source share

Should make for an interesting interview, perhaps Bobby could explain the absence of the soul content contained within Its Mighty Nice To Know. But in it's defence or lack of it - it was played and accepted as northern soul.

I'm sure he'd love to answer that. :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

rock & roll? lack of soul?

Peoples different takes/perspectives on things like this never fails to amaze me

:lol: "Its Northern Soul Jim............but not as we know it !!"

Social source share

I can think of far worse records in the 'played and accepted' category you mention, Nick.

I wouldn't say it's devoid of Soul either. The band behind him sounds like any Detroit inspired

outfit from the period to me. His vocal isn't exactly R&R either, in my opinion.

In fact I can hear "Whole Lot A Shakin' In My Heart" in the overall sound of the record.

Funny how we can all perceive these records differently, isn't it? Devoid of Soul is Lou Roberts

or Trade Martin. ;-)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!