Foolpfoof Method For Mending A Loop Jump On A 45?

Jnixon

ive got a record i paid not much for thats now going for £200+ and its got a jump - the kind where it just loops the song back to the pre jump start point of the revolution rather than kicks on to another part of the song.

anyway i can fix this? im fairly cack handed and delicate stuff is not a forte, so a bit of needle work might make it worse

any help appreciated.

tavm

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

ive got a record i paid not much for thats now going for £200+ and its got a jump - the kind where it just loops the song back to the pre jump start point of the revolution rather than kicks on to another part of the song.

anyway i can fix this? im fairly cack handed and delicate stuff is not a forte, so a bit of needle work might make it worse

any help appreciated.

tavm

A keen eye and an artists scalpel is all you need, you can cut the scratch back into the groove, I got quite good at this but now my eyesight isn't good enough to be able to do it.

Social source share

any help appreciated.

tavm

Send it to Boba ! :thumbup:

Social source share

I can definitely fix any skip without screwing up your record, even a gouge parallel to the grooves. re: pete's comment you could use a scalpel to fix a skip but it's much bigger than the width of a groove and it's hit or miss and the fix will be visible. you also can't see the groove with an eye, you can see sort of where the skip is, but you need a microscope or high power magnifier to actually see the grooves. pm me.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!