Rare Soul Deejay Butch 1991 Yarmouth

Wiggyflat

Found another tape from this weekender.Anybody know who the scottish deejay is....not keen on his sounds.Butch has a slight dig at the deejays going back to the fifties.Anyone who as tapes of radio stuff on tape and wantsto see them on youtube and have copies on cd just pm me and i will transfer them for you.

the Scottish DJ is Colin Law

Had some excellent and rare sounds at the time and most have remained very rare

Jim

• Helpful 3
Social source share

before the days of internet etc. this is the type of record that you would travel for hours to hear butch play - along with countless other at the time (Diane Lewis c/u, g Davis and r Tyler c/u, mellow souls etc. etc. etc.)

The type of record that you would just lose yourself in those brilliant couple of minutes

In fact I remember on a few occasions pushing people out of the way to get to the dance floor to lose myself

Great memories and a great fuckin record

I think Butch's set t this time, mid to late 80's is probably the best set I've ever heard.

Social source share

I think Butch's set t this time, mid to late 80's is probably the best set I've ever heard.

chalky I would totally agree with you on that one mate

I'm 25 years older than I was then and I would still throw people out of the way to dance to what Butch was playing then

Cant comment on what he is playing now, but I bet it is still the bloody business

Personally, if it wasn't for those few years of going to hear Butch play those batch of tunes, I would have packed in a long long time ago

Loved it then and would love to hear that type of set again

Unsure if my legs would agree though !!!

Jim

Social source share

Go on and laugh is the Just Brothers - acetate

Brilliant fuckin record - had me dancing around the kitchen an hour ago

Brilliant fuckin record!!!!

In my top 10 of all time, utter quality

Social source share

I'll agree with that without a seconds hesitation.

Social source share

You don't like his sounds????

I'm up to 44 mins and its been quality so far

F******* great set to my ears. Wee mans playing James Lately. That alone deserves a cigar. What a weekend that was, sure I was in the radio room for this spot with Ruff Cutt reprobates

Social source share

F******* great set to my ears. Wee mans playing James Lately. That alone deserves a cigar. What a weekend that was, sure I was in the radio room for this spot with Ruff Cutt reprobates

couldnt agree more Byrney on James Lately such quality

Don't agree with being called a reprobate though!!! - lol

Social source share

couldnt agree more Byrney on James Lately such quality

Don't agree with being called a reprobate though!!! - lol

Well let's just say Jim good behaviour and sobriety were not Ruff Cut attendees strong points :)

One of the best social weekends of my life was that.

Social source share

and Mike Jemison @ 1.12 ish great to hear that again , ready for reactivation ?

Not listened that far yet - who's playing that Swifty? Thought it was a short lived record for Sir Dickie early 80's - so it's probably a reactivation on this tape.

:g:

Peter

Edited by Peter99
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Not listened that far yet - who's playing that Swifty? Thought it was a short lived record for Sir Dickie early 80's - so it's probably a reactivation on this tape.

:g:

Peter

Peter , put this on new sounds for 2013 , great record imho , just bought a mint copy of here , Daz for £8 . My first copy in the late 70's I swopped for Bobby Paris demo (Night Owl!) with Poke , so I got Mike Jemison & £10 mmmmmmmmmmmmm, not one of my best deals eh!

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

Peter , put this on new sounds for 2013 , great record imho , just bought a mint copy of here , Daz for £8 . My first copy in the late 70's I swopped for Bobby Paris demo (Night Owl!) with Poke , so I got Mike Jemison & £10 mmmmmmmmmmmmm, not one of my best deals eh!

Swifty :thumbsup:

I suspect Poke was very happy! I've aways liked it - perhaps lacked a bit of "punch" for the dance floor if you know what I mean. (imo) Wasn't this Richards Man in the Moon cover or was that summat else? So, whose spinning it on the tape?

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

I suspect Poke was very happy! I've aways liked it - perhaps lacked a bit of "punch" for the dance floor if you know what I mean. (imo) Wasn't this Richards Man in the Moon cover or was that summat else? So, whose spinning it on the tape?

Peter

Yep, deffo Richards 'Men in the moon' C/U

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Peter

wasn't that the other mike jemison track on lake "you'll never get my love" ?
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Tremendous post...thanks so much, I was in the radio room when Colin was on along with fellow Ruff cut soulies Wendy, Carol and Keith.....Am sure Jock Sparra and Byrney were in there too....absolute mahem...fantastic indeed.... Some of the best years of my life at those weekenders.

Edited by Dennisoul
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!