Rare Soul Deejay Butch 1991 Yarmouth

Wiggyflat

I would love to give this a listen on my MP3 player, is there any way I can download it or can some send me it as an MP3?

There's loads of programs that will rip the audio from a youtube video, I use a mac so not 100% sure what programs are available but I'm sure someone will tell you. Easy to do, often a case of copying the URL and ripping.

Social source share

Found another tape from this weekender.Anybody know who the scottish deejay is....not keen on his sounds.

Some of those records Colin Law is playing are great. He always did a great entertaining spot at Shotts allnighter.

People are still chasing a lot of those records from back then!

Social source share

There's loads of programs that will rip the audio from a youtube video, I use a mac so not 100% sure what programs are available but I'm sure someone will tell you. Easy to do, often a case of copying the URL and ripping.

Yeah, I know how to do that. I'm just not a fan, looks like its the only waythen. Cheers

Social source share

I've just dug out 11 cassettes from the Yarmouth weekenders. Six of them are dated 20/21 October 1990 and the other five are possibly the year after. They can be passed on free to someone who has the time to record them to mp3 and upload somewhere (Chalky, send me a PM if interested) . Also found a box of 32 cassettes from a weekender but not sure what they are yet without playing them, i do remember taping the full weekend from one of the early Fleetwoods so it could be that.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

What a set, love the Go On and Laugh tune - amazing.

I've got a few sets from the 100 Club from 1990 and some from 1995 I think - have posted on here before about them, must transfer them onto the digital thingy formatt so they can be shared, some crackin tunes, along with Mick Smith, Clarkie and the like.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I would also appreciate some help with an ID for the track at approx. 37.17, amazing production and slightly left field female vocal.

In anticipation

Nick.

Is it Lonnett - Blue Jeans or the Cameros - Not Too Young?

Blue Jeans is on a previous page from my youtube page. What Butch played is. Page or two back. I'll sort what Colin played when I get chance.

Social source share

Its Lonnett 'Blue Jeans' , Reading that she was only 15 kind of makes that voice sound all the more amazing, such power from a wee lassie.

Needless to say costs a fortune . :facepalm:

Thanks for the speedy reply and knowledge, I had the mix playing in the car this morning ,hitting the volume for this tune when my 2

year old, on the way to nursery screamed ' Too Noisy Daddy !'

Edited by nickp
Social source share

Its Lonnett 'Blue Jeans' , Reading that she was only 15 kind of makes that voice sound all the more amazing, such power from a wee lassie.

Here she is :hatsoff2:

post-9555-0-45490900-1359288139_thumb.jp

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Incredible. Goose pimples thinking about it!

Here here Joan hope alls well- seems like only yesterday' {have just been listening to this great tape.} great great times for sure ...mmmm The Just Brothers ......IMO the most exciting piece of music on the planet-goose pimples everytime - how good is it ???? i can remember getting a wee blast of it when MD 1st got it - -it just blew me away .....and have loved it ever since. The Just Brothers rule the waves!!!!!

ktf tfk :rofl:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Keb retired (outside of London) at the Winding Wheel allnighter in December 1987. He went on for a while longer down south I think so would guess sometime after this? I have some 80's flyers, not with Butch on though, I can dig them out and date if any use to you.

I was gonna say in 1988.....

Social source share

Nowt better to do (well I have really but....) so I dug the Echoes out from back then. keb DJ'ed right through 1988 more or less. Butch was a guest in August Bank Holiday Bash and November with the ladies.

First time I can find him as a 100 clubber was January, he was there in February, not there for March but back again in April and June (couldn't see an ad for May). So 1989 would be the year Butch became resident.

post-225-0-84054500-1359396228_thumb.jpg

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Nowt better to do (well I have really but....) so I dug the Echoes out from back then. keb DJ'ed right through 1988 more or less. Butch was a guest in August Bank Holiday Bash and November with the ladies.

First time I can find him as a 100 clubber was January, he was there in February, not there for March but back again in April and June (couldn't see an ad for May). So 1989 would be the year Butch became resident.

post-225-0-84054500-1359396228_thumb.jpg

Super but what was he doing with the ladies with a name like that? Maybe that was the start of his residency? Lemme know what the flyers reveal.

Cheers

Ady

Social source share

Super but what was he doing with the ladies with a name like that? Maybe that was the start of his residency? Lemme know what the flyers reveal.

Cheers

Ady

Pretty sure I don't have any flyers but I have the echoes Ads for some of 1987, lost most of that year, all 1988 I think and onwards to early 1993 when I stopped buying it as it was reduced to a few ads and i simply read it in the paper shop :shhh:

He was guest for November but missing again in December when I think Keb was back but he was pretty much there for all the first half of 89, haven't looked an y further. Me I'd say January 1989 officially? Semi resident prior to that?

Social source share

Neil Clowes is on part one, I bought the John Madara c/u off him (Jeffrey Bowen-I'll Get By-Mercury)

That's actually part two. DJ before Neil Clows follows Butch.

here's what's on pt.1

Colin Law....

Lilian Dupree / Hide & seek / D-Town

Little Ritchie / One bo-dillion years / SS7

?? (the Belle Jeans or somewhat like that)

Four Gents / Young girls beware / Oncore

Tony Diamond / You're the sweetest yet / Blue Rock

Chuck Jackson / What's with this loneliness / 6Ts Anniversary 45

Melvin Elling / Lonely eyes / Stretch

The Precisions / What i want / Drew

Johnny Gilliam / Find yourself another / Bomar (?)

James Lately / Love friends & money / Temple

Garland Green / Ain't that good enough / Revue

Louis Curry / You're just plain nice / Reel

Steve Mancha / You're still in my heart / Groovesville

Gladys Tyler / Little bitty girl / Decca

Butch....

Just Brothers - Go On And Laugh

Blendells - Did You Mean

Lonnett - Blue Jeans

Cameros - We're Not Too You

Freddie Butler - They Say I'm Afraid

James Phelps - The Look On Your Face

Don Gardner - We're Gonna Make It

Tony Troutman - What's The USe

Directions - She'll Never Say It

Bitter & The Sweet - I Won't Have No Babies For You

Cameros - Lover Come Back

Michael Lizzmore - Promise That You'll Wait

Don Gardner - Your Loving Drives Me Crazy

Don Gardner - Is This Really love

September Jones - I'm Coming Home

Mike Jamison - I Want Some Satisfaction

Sammy Campbell - I Never Thought(I'd Find Anybody Like You

Purple Mundi - Stop Hurting Me Baby

following Butch ???....

James Carr / Coming back to me baby / (?)

Marv Johnson / So glad you chose me / UK Tamla-Motown (?)

Vernon Burch / Frame of mind / U.A. LP

Edited by Benji
Social source share

Is it Nogger that follows Butch, sure I heard his name mentioned somewhere in the recording, will have to listen again.

Yes mate, some confusion on the pt1/pt 2 title on the tape!

As I said i recognised Nogger, as he played Jeffrey Bowens on Mercury c/u as John Madara, I bought it off him a week or 2 after....

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!