Weekly Poll - Northern Allnighters In 2013

Mike

Allnighters in 2013 ?  

1. 1. How often do you do allnighters nowadays ?

• Usually 2 or more a month
    • One a month
    • One every 3-6 months
    • Once every blue moon
    • Not at all

I always work weekends so I can't attend some places as often as I'd like to or as late as I'd like to. Definitely do more allnighters if I could, as there tends to be more diversity and the chance to hear, what for me, is something new. Bonus.

Social source share

Once every 3 - 6 months for me nowadays - Damn those priorities!!! :excl:

Hats off to those who still do it almost week in, week out - I suspect there's only a couple of hundred of you left that do. I did at least a ten year 'stint' like that.....If I remember....... :huh:

I'll be interested in the results of the poll.

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

Edited by LEN
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I'm gobsmacked at the results so far, I thought the majority were 2 or more a month. I can average approx 12 in a year, and voted once a month and consider myself a lightweight. :lol:

Hoping to do better in 2013 and raise it to 2 a month. :thumbsup:

Maybe we should also have a poll on who stays all night?

Social source share

I'm gobsmacked at the results so far, I thought the majority were 2 or more a month. I can average approx 12 in a year, and voted once a month and consider myself a lightweight. :lol:

Be good to see you out more Matt....you doing Radcliffe this Saturday ???

Agree would be interesting to see how many say they stay all night...perhaps we could extend it to who goes for coffe and post niter analysis afters..

Edited by SallieJane
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Be good to see you out more Matt....you doing Radcliffe this Saturday ???

Agree would be interesting to see how many say they stay all night...perhaps we could extend it to who goes for coffe and post niter analysis afters..

It's one of my new years resolutions Sallie, life's too short as they say. Radcliffe a possibility. :thumbsup:

Social source share

To be honest with the job and hours I do right now I struggle with all-nighters. They also knock he f*ck out of me these days as well. 4 or 5 finish is plenty for me at this moment in time.

Social source share

Once a month mainly, and struggle like hell for over a week afterwards, and imagine the niters will decrease this year due to life commitments :thumbsup:

Social source share

Once every blue moon,

mainly due to the fact that I shouldn't do what I'd like to do when I go to one, bloody ticker-It's all Les Rushtons fault :yes:

Think the last one was Burnley about 18 months ago, I think.

Can't see the point of going to any out n out Oldies Allnighter meself though... :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

To be honest with the job and hours I do right now I struggle with all-nighters. They also knock he f*ck out of me these days as well. 4 or 5 finish is plenty for me at this moment in time.

I agree Chalky, if i'm driving myself i'll probably slip away around 4ish these days. It used to be I could recover by Tuesday, but the last one I went to just after New Year I was still flagging come Friday. :(

Social source share

Dave keeps telling me with practice my recovery times will get shorter but it's been at least twice a month for over 7 months now and I think it's getting harder!

Social source share

over the year probably equals out to once a month...its the drive from bristol that gets us..nicci doesnt like me driving over about hour and a half after a nite with no sleep so most nighters, except gloucester and the odd mars bar means a stop over which makes it an expensive trip....niter v new tunes??...most soul nites turn into allnighters when we get home anyway!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

over the year probably equals out to once a month...its the drive from bristol that gets us..nicci doesnt like me driving over about hour and a half after a nite with no sleep so most nighters, except gloucester and the odd mars bar means a stop over which makes it an expensive trip....niter v new tunes??...most soul nites turn into allnighters when we get home anyway!

Yup understand that. When I was down in Somerset it was a dreadful journey "oopt north". Thank goodness you got a few decent events down there.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

closing the poll now as the next one is lined up

thanks to all who took part

as have said before these polls are just an off the cuff sort of thing

if anyone does have what they feel any good suggestions for future weekly polls then please pm me them

the idea is a fairly simple yes/no sort of affair that hopefully be of some enjoyment/interest to majority of members

thanks

mike

Social source share