Joe Boy 5 Track Cd Eps. How Many Were Issued?

Soul16

I guess that most of you will be aware of the Joe Boy CD EPs that were issued in 1997/1998 - they were label-specific and came with a small black and white photo of a featured artist along with a 'juke box style' title strip. They were quite tidy items with good tracks and excellent sound quality.

I have four of them:

JB-1 (Vee Jay)

JB-3 (Constellation)

JB-5 (Vee Jay)

JB-7 (Musicor)

I've done a general search on the internet, but I can't find any info about them.

Does anyone know what the featured labels/tracks were on JB-2, JB-4, JB-6 and JB-8 (if the last one exists)?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest tommymac

I guess that most of you will be aware of the Joe Boy CD EPs that were issued in 1997/1998 - they were label-specific and came with a small black and white photo of a featured artist along with a 'juke box style' title strip. They were quite tidy items with good tracks and excellent sound quality.

I have four of them:

JB-1 (Vee Jay)

JB-3 (Constellation)

JB-5 (Vee Jay)

JB-7 (Musicor)

I've done a general search on the internet, but I can't find any info about them.

Does anyone know what the featured labels/tracks were on JB-2, JB-4, JB-6 and JB-8 (if the last one exists)?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Social source share

Guest tommymac

no 8 was revilot darrell banks somebody somewhere rose batiste i miss my baby j j barnes our love jackey beavers i need my baby & the parliaments dont be sore

Social source share

JB-4 was Scepter. Track listing is 1) Jack Montgomery- "Dearly Beloved" 2) The Camp- "Marching" 3) Judy Clay

"You Busted My Mind" 4) The Anglos- "Since You've Been Gone" 5) Johnny Maestro- "I'm Stepping Out Of The

Picture"

Nice - I can't understand why I didn't buy it when it was released.

Social source share

Guest tommymac

ive got all eight bought at the time but dont ask me what i paid i cant remember but dont think were to expensive.wand tracks were jb2 ivories please stay, ed bruce gonna have a party daryl stewart, name it and claim it. curtis blandon long run. clarence reid, im your yes man. jb6 charts livin the nightlife. billy thomson black eyed girl. maqueraders do you love me baby. the gentleman four cant keep a good man down. nella dodds honey boy.

Social source share

Guest tommymac

plus a minature picture of one of the artists mine are all still complete considering how much i moved around at that time. and all compiled by diferrent djs

Social source share

There were also at least two more planned, but never actually produced. I know this because Glenn Gunton, who was the guy behind Joe Boy, asked me to compile a Swan CDEP. Somewhere I still have the proposed track listing, and the notes I wrote about each track. If I can find it all I'll add it here.

Social source share

There were also at least two more planned, but never actually produced. I know this because Glenn Gunton, who was the guy behind Joe Boy, asked me to compile a Swan CDEP. Somewhere I still have the proposed track listing, and the notes I wrote about each track. If I can find it all I'll add it here.

Cheers, that would be nice.

Social source share

I've had 4 tucked away for since they were issued, I will upload the scans of each part of each CD.

Looking at them again now reminds me why I picked them up in the first place, a real combination of innovative design and artwork that showed of some superb tunes.

Enjoy, Lee

SCEPTER JB4

post-11820-0-53505200-1358966052_thumb.j post-11820-0-30110200-1358963271_thumb.j

post-11820-0-87949000-1358963284_thumb.j post-11820-0-14775300-1358963605_thumb.j

post-11820-0-37109100-1358963716_thumb.j post-11820-0-47004700-1358963796_thumb.j

post-11820-0-83727100-1358963870_thumb.j

Edited by SoulfulSolutions
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert