Oh Why Dont They Run Their Own R&b Niter?

Just out of intrest what would every one class this as? wouldn't say it was R&B as such but a good gritty sixtys dancer that is worthy of plays anywhere. Records like this can really light up a dance floor and get a venue going IMO

___Curtis_smith___the_living_end.mp3

I don't wish to be rude but I would class this as neither R&B nor Soul. I'm afraid it made my ears involuntarily curl inwards til they were shut. I've never heard it before and so have no idea if it is big or expensive, so just giving my (humble) opinion, sorry.

• Replies 262
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Jean-Marc

I love R&B, Blues, Ska and early to mid 60's soul ... but don't like Rock & Roll, Croonery popcorn, Disco or C&W - Damn ! It's a long way to Wigan.

Guest Marcelle

Jock, my reply was an answer to your question on not understanding what my point was, not as a dig at you or the rest of your post (which I read in full and agreed with on the whole)

This has got very confusing... :D

There is indeed a very seperate R&B scene, to the Northern one.

Most of us involved with it know that a lot of the tunes we appreciate have no bearing on the Northern scene, and would not dream of trying to introduce such sounds to the Northern Scene.

There are however others, who like to think, that every half decent R&B they hear should be the next big thing on the Northern scene, and that is where a lot of these issues arise.

However, there are tunes that are well worthy of crossing over, some do, many don't.

I just feel it's narrow minded by those who decide they dislike R&B because they have heard stuff that may not be up to scratch to dismiss the whole genre.

It's like some Joe Public dismissing Northern soul as that shite 'Joe 90' theme etc etc etc

There are also those on the Northern scene who resent the fact that there are R&B tunes becoming massively popular at soul events, that are class tunes, because it does not fit their ideal or has no 'previous' on the Northern scene.

Again - no dig at you intended in this post, just a brief on what I personally feel is the underlying problems that cause these long winded, and in the whole, repetively boring posts.

I promised not to get sucked in last night......can't help myself....muppet that I am :thumbsup:

DITTO .... Kermit :yes::wicked:

the sad thing is that its not just with R&b that people pre judge BEFORE they actually HEAR it ..... (how do you do that) but thats their loss ... I am "Northern at Heart" but i`ve been "WOWED" by all genres of soul & im sure I will continue to be in the future ......

im no expert on any genre of soul .... I dont need to be !!!!!

What I do know is that if its a good sound (for me) then its a good SOUL sound be it Northern/R&B ect ect ect ect ect ...

before you say it Matey

love Miss Piggy xx

Edited by Marcelle
Guest Baz

I don't wish to be rude but I would class this as neither R&B nor Soul. I'm afraid it made my ears involuntarily curl inwards til they were shut. I've never heard it before and so have no idea if it is big or expensive, so just giving my (humble) opinion, sorry.

Thats fair enough, but IMO its records like this that need more action, Might not be R&B or Soul, but it definately is Northern Soul :wicked:

It has more urgency than some of that disco rubbish :thumbsup:

P.S you can proberly pick it up for a tenner on Ebay

Edited by Baz

Thats fair enough, but IMO its records like this that need more action, Might not be R&B or Soul, but it definately is Northern Soul :D

It has more urgency than some of that disco rubbish :thumbsup:

P.S you can proberly pick it up for a tenner on Ebay

=================

Think we've established you don't like modern Baz :wicked: You do seem to generalise though, and for someone who likes more 'upfront' sounds, you can come across very blinkered. :yes:

Winnie :-)

Guest Baz

=================

Think we've established you don't like modern Baz :wicked: You do seem to generalise though, and for someone who likes more 'upfront' sounds, you can come across very blinkered. :D

Winnie :-)

Im only doing it because i know you all bite at it :D

I do actually like alot of modern, even soulful house i have quite a vast collection of, but at a northern do i like 60's and early sevnties stuff. But some of the stuff im hearing latly anit doing nothing for me,

What i find quite funny is R&B can get labled R&R/Clip clop/C&W/ and so on, but when i call some disco that clearly is disco, the soulier than thou jump to is rescue :thumbsup::yes:

Guest kevfox

I cant believe how blinkered some people are , without the R&B there surely wouldnt have been soul music as such. But I forgot , the music policy at Wigan was second to none , ie. Footsee , Joe 90 Theme etc , what magnificent examples of Soul Music , no wonder the real soul afficianados packed in going . Now we have some venues where we have some smart DJ's who will play R&B because a hell of a lot of it is quality music which does'nt have to be 100mph to be good . And I like to think that I am talking from experience having gone to all the main venues from the Wheel onwards ( where they used to play some real good R&B by the way ). I honestly think The Hideaway is the best venue going , at least up this neck of the woods anyway , & I hear good things about No More Doggin' as well . ( I really must try and get down there sometime ) . Anyway Wiganath give the Monaco a miss & try somewhere else for a change.

Kev. :thumbsup:

I do actually like alot of modern, even soulful house i have quite a vast collection of, but at a northern do i like 60's and early sevnties stuff. But some of the stuff im hearing latly anit doing nothing for me,

so why go to a venue when you know you are going to get something you don't wish to hear, and then have the audacity to moan afterwards...not just aimed at you Baz but others as well and not just about modern/70's/80's :yes: It's about anyone going somewhere they don't want to be with Dj's playing sounds they don't want to hear.

Guest Baz

so why go to a venue when you know you are going to get something you don't wish to hear, and then have the audacity to moan afterwards...not just aimed at you Baz but others as well and not just about modern/70's/80's :yes: It's about anyone going somewhere they don't want to be with Dj's playing sounds they don't want to hear.

I've never moaned about anywhere, apart from the 100 club the other month, as it run's its self under a 6t's banner and I thought the balance of that banner was off that night. (lets not get into the 100club has played 'modern' since its opening thing again)

How can you possibly choose a venue with out going some where, were there is one or two DJ's that you are not keen on? if thats the case you would have to stay in ever week listening to CD's and your own records.

I've never moaned about anywhere, apart from the 100 club the other month, as it run's its self under a 6t's banner and I thought the balance of that banner was off that night. (lets not get into the 100club has played 'modern' since its opening thing again)

How can you possibly choose a venue with out going some where, were there is one or two DJ's that you are not keen on? if thats the case you would have to stay in ever week listening to CD's and your own records.

I know you haven't I was just generalising.

What I'm saying if you go somewhere you know someone is djing you aren't keen on you should show a bit of tolerance, and respect to the promoter, the dj and to the other punters who do want to hear that dj. A promoter and a dj has to please a room full of paying punters not just a few. You can't please everyone all the time. It would be a perfect world if everyone went home happy having liked every record played, as we all know it's a far from perfect world :yes:

OH WHY OH WHY DONT THE R&B COM ROCKABILLY COMELINE DANCERS CUM COWBOYS ADVERTISE THERE OWN NITER WITH JUST THEM SOUNDS PLAYIN(GENE PITNEY ETC)PLEASE DJ,S WATCH THE DANCERFLOOR WE PAY FOR SOUL WETHER IT BE NORTHERN SOUL/MOTOWN/DETROIT BUT THE UNDERLYING THING IS S O U L MUSIC.THERE AINT NO SOUL IN THE ABOVE NONE,ITS GONNA RUIN THE SCENE GET OFF OUR SOULFULL BACKS RUN YER OWN.AND APPRECIATE PEOPLES DIFFERENT TASTES.BUT CUT AND RUN BEFORE IT DRAGS US ALL DOWN,CUM ON DJ,S SHOW SOME BALLS,FILL THE BLEEDIN DANCEFLOORS TO MANY PEOPLE EXPRESSING THERE OPINION FOR ME TO BE WRONG-DRAG,DRAG ,DRAG

Pidgeon holes :yes: why do you want to put it into pidgeon holes.

I remember being slagged off for playing R&B (only two records into a set btw) same guy requested I play Johnny Sales 'I Can't Get Enough Of Your Love' which for some bazaar reason he thinks isn't an R&B record. Obviously he was a brainless moron and I make no apologies for saying that.

All these record from the 60's we all love were created not to get into the Norther Soul charts but the R&B charts. The artists viewed and still view them as R&B what makes you (WIGANATH) think you know better?

No one likes everything played on the scene not even me but not everyone classes what they like as onething and what they like as another using arbitery terms not even around 'til years after the recdords were created.

If there's too much you don't like don't go to the venue.

Jock, my reply was an answer to your question on not understanding what my point was, not as a dig at you or the rest of your post (which I read in full and agreed with on the whole)

This has got very confusing... :yes:

There is indeed a very seperate R&B scene, to the Northern one.

Most of us involved with it know that a lot of the tunes we appreciate have no bearing on the Northern scene, and would not dream of trying to introduce such sounds to the Northern Scene.

There are however others, who like to think, that every half decent R&B they hear should be the next big thing on the Northern scene, and that is where a lot of these issues arise.

However, there are tunes that are well worthy of crossing over, some do, many don't.

I just feel it's narrow minded by those who decide they dislike R&B because they have heard stuff that may not be up to scratch to dismiss the whole genre.

It's like some Joe Public dismissing Northern soul as that shite 'Joe 90' theme etc etc etc

There are also those on the Northern scene who resent the fact that there are R&B tunes becoming massively popular at soul events, that are class tunes, because it does not fit their ideal or has no 'previous' on the Northern scene.

Again - no dig at you intended in this post, just a brief on what I personally feel is the underlying problems that cause these long winded, and in the whole, repetively boring posts.

I promised not to get sucked in last night......can't help myself....muppet that I am :yes:

I appreciate this thread has probably ran its course and as usual not got close to the original point :D so dont want to drag it up but also don't want not to answer you.

I never thought you were having a dig mate, just didn;t think you were really defending the position (not that it needs defending I appreciate) that well and I am genuinely interested from the point of view of what we call R&B within Northern Scene and this bit of a totally separate scene. I am genuinely interested in whats played there, although by no means saying that I would travel to it.

I think your post above is the most interesting so far, and probably most sensible, it explains a lot and I think puts a really different slant on things for people like me.

I still am suspicious of what people call R&B (as are you by the sounds of it) so maybe you should start another thread about, sure some of us if not all would find it interesting, particularly where the genuinely R&B clubs are and a bit about them? Or am I just a sad git with no social life at present!!

Cheers

Jock

I honestly think The Hideaway is the best venue going , at least up this neck of the woods anyway , & I hear good things about No More Doggin' as well . ( I really must try and get down there sometime ) . Kev. :yes:

Hi Kev,

you'd be more than welcome mate :yes:

I would like to point out to anyone reading this that NMD isn't just RnB, we probably have a 60/40 split in favour of underplayed 60s soul and then some great RnB.

Edited by RnB Rookie

I think your post above is the most interesting so far, and probably most sensible, it explains a lot and I think puts a really different slant on things for people like me.

I still am suspicious of what people call R&B (as are you by the sounds of it) so maybe you should start another thread about, sure some of us if not all would find it interesting, particularly where the genuinely R&B clubs are and a bit about them? Or am I just a sad git with no social life at present!!

Cheers

Jock

:yes: Thanks for your honesty, when threads like this take off it's easy to type away furiously with 1001 different points in your mind, and in haste to put your points across within a certain time frame, meaning and definition can be often overpowered by passion and impatience....(well it can for me at least)

I don't believe any of us need to defend our musical preferences, whether Northern, R&B, modern etc etc

We just do because we are passionate about it, and on the whole most of the posts on here are leg pulling and banter (Chalky and I will play this game forever and a day) even the original poster (Mr C. T. as I have been reliably informed) has started this thread to get everyone going (rather successfully may I add), but unfortunately this level of ignorance and narrowmindness does exist .......

As for another thread on R&B and the clubs that champion this genre of music...I think for all our sakes it would be best left for a (much) later date... :yes:

Edited by Mace
Guest NASHEE

I cant believe how blinkered some people are , without the R&B there surely wouldnt have been soul music as such. But I forgot , the music policy at Wigan was second to none , ie. Footsee , Joe 90 Theme etc , what magnificent examples of Soul Music , no wonder the real soul afficianados packed in going . Now we have some venues where we have some smart DJ's who will play R&B because a hell of a lot of it is quality music which does'nt have to be 100mph to be good . And I like to think that I am talking from experience having gone to all the main venues from the Wheel onwards ( where they used to play some real good R&B by the way ). I honestly think The Hideaway is the best venue going , at least up this neck of the woods anyway , & I hear good things about No More Doggin' as well . ( I really must try and get down there sometime ) . Anyway Wiganath give the Monaco a miss & try somewhere else for a change.

Kev. :yes:

Good God Kev....We don't want him up the Hideaway...it's not for the faint hearted.....the shock would kill him. Anyway the hideaway is for R&B & mid tempo lovers or at least the very open mindedest of soulies. Somehow I dont think he fits into either category :yes:

Guest kent soul club

I'd rather we got to hear ska/reggae than that stuff as Im assuming quite a few of us got into Northern via skinhead Motown/Reggae route in late 60's.

No, no, no, no, no!!!! :angry:

Please don't play ska/reggae at northern nites. :wicked:

Don't get me wrong, I like a bit of ska and reggae at home, in the car or at the pub but if it was played at a northern nite I'd cry and go home. :ohmy:

Mrs McGoo :thumbsup:

OK NOT TELLIN WHO I AM HA HA UNTIL MI QUESZTION IS ANSWERED AGAIN PLEASE YOU DANCEFLOO9R FILLERS,KNOWLEDGEABLE SOZ BOUT SPELLIN CRAP BIN OUT LISTEN SOUNDS UNLIKE MOST OF YOU JUST JOKING,GUD NITE APART FROM A HOUR OF ROCKABILLY WHICH WAS NOT ADVERTISED ON FLYER SO WENT OUTSIDE HALFWAY THROUGH SESSION TO GET WET THROUGH RELEIF FOR ME AND MANY MORE,WHY WASNT r&b PLAYED 10YEARS AGO,I KNOW THE ANSWER AS WELL YOU ALL DO,PLEASE SEGRAGATION BOOGIE SOULFUL PLEASE

GOD ! you will love the hideaway...no R&B there...see ya soon !

Guest NASHEE

I'd rather we got to hear ska/reggae than that stuff as Im assuming quite a few of us got into Northern via skinhead Motown/Reggae route in late 60's.

The quote above was not made by me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH WHY OH WHY DONT THE R&B COM ROCKABILLY COMELINE DANCERS CUM COWBOYS ADVERTISE THERE OWN NITER WITH JUST THEM SOUNDS PLAYIN(GENE PITNEY ETC)PLEASE DJ,S WATCH THE DANCERFLOOR WE PAY FOR SOUL WETHER IT BE NORTHERN SOUL/MOTOWN/DETROIT BUT THE UNDERLYING THING IS S O U L MUSIC.THERE AINT NO SOUL IN THE ABOVE NONE,ITS GONNA RUIN THE SCENE GET OFF OUR SOULFULL BACKS RUN YER OWN.AND APPRECIATE PEOPLES DIFFERENT TASTES.BUT CUT AND RUN BEFORE IT DRAGS US ALL DOWN,CUM ON DJ,S SHOW SOME BALLS,FILL THE BLEEDIN DANCEFLOORS TO MANY PEOPLE EXPRESSING THERE OPINION FOR ME TO BE WRONG-DRAG,DRAG ,DRAG

Hi youv'e caught out a few but having read your original post again ,you appear to have very little knowledge about the history and roots of (mainly) black soul music.So I am not going to become embroiled with your perspective and beliefs.

Just to continue though and test your knowledge,please catergorize these tunes...if you can blush.gif

Jimmy Philipps----She belongs to me

Melvin Davis--- Wedding Belles

Mal Adams--- Since man began

Condors---- Meet me half way

Robert Tanner--Sweet memories

Oberia Martinez---Gotta think it over

The Supremes---Don't leave me here to cry

Jimmy Hendrix--- All along the watchtower.........ok tell me who wrote it

Shirley Edwards....Dream my heart

and a great record on OX-BO

Good Luck .Stevie z

Guest Matt Male

Hi Matt yes it's Bob .... I aimed my reply to Wiganath......... :yes: .unless you are Wiganath

No, sorry :P i love R&B blush.gif

Guest kevfox

Hi Kev,

you'd be more than welcome mate thumbsup.gif

I would like to point out to anyone reading this that NMD isn't just RnB, we probably have a 60/40 split in favour of underplayed 60s soul and then some great RnB.

And I bet both genres go down well , I remember at the Mecca & the Torch one of the real floor fillers was "Poor Dog" by Little Richard , but was it RnR , RnB or Soul ? didn't really matter , it didn't matter that Slim Harpo was RnB or Roy Hamilton being an RnB artist , no, because the punters knew good music when they heard it , I dont think that was the case at Wigan , where pop music figured in some of the dj's playlists . Just give me good music & I say "Well done" to those DJ's who are prepared to give us the chance to hear them played , I really think the scene is far better for it, I've certainly heard some awesome tunes played.

Kev.

Jasper_Woods___Hully_Gully_Papa__VPM_1009.mp3

And I bet both genres go down well , I remember at the Mecca & the Torch one of the real floor fillers was "Poor Dog" by Little Richard , but was it RnR , RnB or Soul ? didn't really matter , it didn't matter that Slim Harpo was RnB or Roy Hamilton being an RnB artist , no, because the punters knew good music when they heard it , I dont think that was the case at Wigan , where pop music figured in some of the dj's playlists . Just give me good music & I say "Well done" to those DJ's who are prepared to give us the chance to hear them played , I really think the scene is far better for it, I've certainly heard some awesome tunes played.

Kev.

Hi Kev

Would you consider the tune you posted up old RnB?

Im an N/S oldies lover

But Im discovering lots of old RnB tunes that are brilliant and they are new tunes to me

Ive joined NMDs site run by Kev Conellan

I can listen to lots of stuff Ive never heard before

PS ..Still cant take to any modern tunes tho

has to be old RnB or N/S oldies.....Its in the sound

Cheers Mand :yes:

THE PERSON WHO STARTED THIS THREAD,HAS IN MY OPINION BEEN VALIDATED BY ALL THE TEDDY BOY ANSWERS,FOR ME RnB WITH SOUL I LOVE,ROCKnROLL,SWING,COUNTRY AND WESTERN AND ALL OTHER ASSOCIATED S**TE THAT YOU IDIOTS TRY TO RUIN OUR SCENE WITH WILL ALLWAYS BE S**TE :lol::(:lol:

Guest dundeedavie

THE PERSON WHO STARTED THIS THREAD,HAS IN MY OPINION BEEN VALIDATED BY ALL THE TEDDY BOY ANSWERS,FOR ME RnB WITH SOUL I LOVE,ROCKnROLL,SWING,COUNTRY AND WESTERN AND ALL OTHER ASSOCIATED S**TE THAT YOU IDIOTS TRY TO RUIN OUR SCENE WITH WILL ALLWAYS BE S**TE :yes::P:P

it's good that you inserted **** to hide what you were talking ..

i think (and no doubt i'll get slaughtered again) that r'n'b should be played by r'n'b dj's who have a more in-depth feeling for the music they are playing and not dj's who play an across the board set of rarities ... as we all know rare does not equal quality and maybe that is heightened in the r'n'b world

Davie

FAIR COMMENT,BUT ROCK AND ROLL HAS NO PLACE IN THE SOUL WORLD,SORRY TO DISAGREE,99% OF IT IS WHITE SHITE,P.S. NORTH EASTS TOP RnB DJ HORSE,IS NOT CALLED THAT BECAUSE OF THE SIZE OF HIS TACKLE,OR SO HIS Mrs TELLS ME,MAYBE YOUR ALL LITTLE BOYS TRYING TO PLAY IN A MAN"S MAN"S WORLD :P:yes::yes::P

Guest kevfox

THE PERSON WHO STARTED THIS THREAD,HAS IN MY OPINION BEEN VALIDATED BY ALL THE TEDDY BOY ANSWERS,FOR ME RnB WITH SOUL I LOVE,ROCKnROLL,SWING,COUNTRY AND WESTERN AND ALL OTHER ASSOCIATED S**TE THAT YOU IDIOTS TRY TO RUIN OUR SCENE WITH WILL ALLWAYS BE S**TE :P:yes:

I take it from your reply that UNI TED doesn't mean your name is Ted and you went to university. You sound like a real expert so can you actually tell me " What Is Soul " (nobody knows) ( The Furys ) and whats RnB.

The only people ruining " your scene " are yourselves , yeah Wigan did exist and thank God it shut down , because it was ruining the scene itself : Los Canarios - Soul ? Mike Post - Soul ? Javells - Soul ? do me a favour , then they started ripping off soul tracks with awful versions ie. Skiing In The Snow - Wigan Crap

I'm pretty sure that most people who love RnB will also love good old 60's soul as well , I think you will find that they are far more knowledgable about the music then you could ever hope to be. Get a life pal and theres no such word as S**TE. :yes::P

The_Furys___What_Is_Soul.mp3

Guest kevfox

FAIR COMMENT,BUT ROCK AND ROLL HAS NO PLACE IN THE SOUL WORLD,SORRY TO DISAGREE,99% OF IT IS WHITE SHITE,P.S. NORTH EASTS TOP RnB DJ HORSE,IS NOT CALLED THAT BECAUSE OF THE SIZE OF HIS TACKLE,OR SO HIS Mrs TELLS ME,MAYBE YOUR ALL LITTLE BOYS TRYING TO PLAY IN A MAN"S MAN"S WORLD :P:P:D:D

What a prick :yes::D:P:yes:

Guest dundeedavie

FAIR COMMENT,BUT ROCK AND ROLL HAS NO PLACE IN THE SOUL WORLD,SORRY TO DISAGREE,99% OF IT IS WHITE SHITE,P.S. NORTH EASTS TOP RnB DJ HORSE,IS NOT CALLED THAT BECAUSE OF THE SIZE OF HIS TACKLE,OR SO HIS Mrs TELLS ME,MAYBE YOUR ALL LITTLE BOYS TRYING TO PLAY IN A MAN"S MAN"S WORLD :P:P:P:yes:

tell ya what , listen to shoutcast on sunday at 8 and make up yer own mind , but i assure ya i ain't no little boy :yes:

48 yrs old AND CANNOT ARGUE ABOUT MUSIC AT WIGAN BEING SHITE,BUT GROWN UP A BIT SINCE THEN,DO NOT TRY TO TELL ME WHAT IS GOOD AND WHAT IS NOT,ARGUEMENT REMAINS ROCK AND F"ING ROLL HAS NO PLACE ON THE SOUL SCENE,SO GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE DON YOUR DRAPES AND F OFF.

END OF NOWT ELSE TO SAY TO YOU TEDDY BOYS

:thumbsup::D:D:D

Guest dundeedavie

48 yrs old AND CANNOT ARGUE ABOUT MUSIC AT WIGAN BEING SHITE,BUT GROWN UP A BIT SINCE THEN,DO NOT TRY TO TELL ME WHAT IS GOOD AND WHAT IS NOT,ARGUEMENT REMAINS ROCK AND F"ING ROLL HAS NO PLACE ON THE SOUL SCENE,SO GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE DON YOUR DRAPES AND F OFF.

END OF NOWT ELSE TO SAY TO YOU TEDDY BOYS

:thumbsup::D:D:D

what rock and roll records are we talkin about?

Guest dundeedavie

P.S. I AM NOT A LITTLE BOY EITHER IF THAT WAS SOME SORT OF MASKED THREAT,YOUR ONLY GEORDIES WITH NO FU**ING BRAINS.

no that was me saying that i am doin a radio show on sunday and that if you listened you'd realise i'm not a little boy .....

bit touchy ain't ya , and a bit paranoid it seems .... if i was going to do a "threat" which by the way i have too much class for, you would be aware of it and i wouldn't mask it ..

and the correct term you are looking for whether right or wrong is geordies are only scotsmen with their brains kicked in , and you kinda proved that for me with your childish outburst i feel

I SAID IT IN MY FIRST REPLY,I LOVE RnB WITH A SOUL CONTENT,BUT SOME OF THE BOLLOX YOU LOT GET INTO HAS NOWT TO DO WITH SOUL.

all a matter of opinions and there is a lot of stuff i would never play at soul do's from my r'n'b playbox , but then thats why i run an r'n'b/gritty soul night

Guest kevfox

Now now Ted calm down , methinks you are a naughty little boy and not fit for the Soul scene , I reckon you are short of having your arse smacked, grow up. by the way its " you're only Geordies " not " your only Geordies" and we're talking about RnB not RnR. To be honest I dont think you sound like the sort of person that I would normally meet at soul venues, see ya.

p.s. the casino doesn't exist anymore , so live with that . ha ha

Guest dundeedavie

I AM NEITHER PARANOID NOR INTROVERTED,I WAS EXPRESSING A OPINION,THAT OBVIOUSLY DID NOT SIT WELL WITH YOU ,SO YOU BRING MY MENTAL CAPABILITYS INTO QUESTION, SO HERE IT IS ,I AM A MASSIVE SOUL FAN ,f*** OFF. :thumbsup::D

actually i fully respect your opinion and in a way back it up , as i said r'n'b in my opinion should be played by r'n'b dj's.

i'm just not sure of the rock and roll you were talking about as being an r'n'b fan and running an r'n'b night i think the stuff played at soul do's is soft compared to the stuff that i'd like to hear ..... just trying to guage the boundaries thats all

DAVIE AGREE WITH YOU TO A POINT LOVE THE HARD EDGED SOUL,LOVE 60s THROUGH AND THROUGH,KEV FOX DO NOT TAKE THREATS WELL HOPE TO SEE YOU AROUND SOMEWHERE THEN I CAN SHOVE YOUR DEGREE WHERE IT BELONGS,IN YOUR ARSE ,NOT A BULLY JUST TO LONG ON THE SCENE TO PUT UP WITH YOUR SHITE,CLEVER BOY ,WATCH OUT :thumbsup::D:D

what rock and roll records are we talkin about?

Showmen...'It will stand'??????

Damm that Norman Johnson..........

Play it loud and sing along Teddy boys..... :thumbsup:

Rock, Roll, Rock, Roll.............

You take some music, music

Sweet flowin' music

Some movin' and groovin'

Rock 'n' Roll will stand

Take some heart beats, drums beat

Finger poppin' and stompin' feet

Little dances that looks so neat

You see why it will stand